Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 10:34 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Don’t hate the man but dislike the politician. Venally corrupt, questionable competence, clearly dishonest, and a clear and present threat to our democracy.
In what way was he corrupt and dishonest? How was he a threat to democracy? Can you give examples?

Old 11-09-2021, 10:36 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ That's a plausible reasoning as to why some Democrats don't like Trump, but plenty of people who don't like Trump aren't Democrats, and also aren't liberals.
There's plenty of people that won't like any president so why is Trump hate any different? What is it about him? Couldn't what you said could be said for any president? For instance there are plenty of dems that don't like Biden.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:38 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The above is an often repeated gullible and intentionally uninformed person's view of Trump and his "contributions" to America. It is true only in Trumpers' diminishing bubbles. Anyone paying attention and with half a brain knows what Trump is and that he represents the worst forces and divisive tendencies in America. Trump's narcissism is not just a personality quirk, it is a mental defect that drives him for one purpose -- personal privilege and aggrandizement. Only a sap would think that Trump cares about the country beyond what he can get out of it. He has no moral compass and revels in immorality. He bullied his way through the GOP primaries as a form of entertainment. The Saps ate it up. He never learned the job as president and rejected the constitution and his own oath of office. He lied on a daily basis even when there was no reason. The only saving grace is that he tried to rule by decree, like a potentate, with Executive Orders that can be more easily rescinded. He had a Republican congress for two years but never figured it out. He could have saved his presidency by being the "infrastructure President". He never had an infrastructure plan and, of course, never had a plan for healthcare reform. He simply planned his next golf vacation. The "big lie" that he won the election after losing by millions of votes, and his efforts to overthrow the election outcome, are criminal. There has never been a more unqualified, demented, and more morally corrupt person in the White House. He is in a class by himself.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:39 AM

164 posts, read 54,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Don’t hate the man but dislike the politician. Venally corrupt, questionable competence, clearly dishonest, and a clear and present threat to our democracy.
How so? I think you're wrong... could you please cite some clear and specific examples that prove otherwise?

Old 11-09-2021, 10:40 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
oh, I voted for him twice. His level of narcissism reached new heights though. And affected his ability to formulate, communicate, and execute policy and more importantly debate.

There's Douglas MacArthur narcissism, there's Hollywood starlet referring to themselves in the 3rd person narcissism, and then there's Trump.

you asked the question, in typical fashion, as expected. You got the A#1 reason that people hated him. I didn't say I hate him. But you post inane topic after inane topic, all expressing your knob-slobbering for the guy without an ounce of understanding why others don't see him in Messianic terms as you do.

LOL.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:41 AM

2,065 posts, read 1,864,413 times
Not a Liberal, nor Democrat, nor Republican but I vote for the individual who seems most fit for the job. I have disliked him since the '80's. He seems very shallow, crude, ignorant and narcissistic and that hasn't changed. After he was elected, I hoped I was wrong...but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

This topic has been covered many times on this forum. It seems to be going in circles and accomplishing nothing. People seem to have made up their minds.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:42 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Could you name a specific time he BSed everyone? Ultimate BS artist? Please give some examples?
Off the top of my head..

"I am saying I want to see the birth certificate. It's very simple. I want to see the birth certificate. How come his own family doesn't know which hospital he was born in? How come -- forget about birth certificates. Let's say there's no birth certificate. How come in the hospital itself, okay? This is one of the...in the hospital itself, there's no records of his birth. In other words, it doesn't say how much they paid, where is the doctor, here's your room bill."

Meredith Vieira: "You've been privy to all of this, to know this?"

Donald Trump: "Well, I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're talking."

Vieira: "You have people now out there searching -- I mean, in Hawaii?"

Trump: "Absolutely. And they cannot believe what they're finding. And I'm serious."

He never sent any investigators to Hawaii. It was all BS

Old 11-09-2021, 10:43 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
In what way was he corrupt and dishonest? How was he a threat to democracy? Can you give examples?
Why do you keep asking these open-ended questions? You act like you never read or watch any news at all, and don't even read the answers people are giving you in your own thread. Why are you doing this? You post a similar question every couple of weeks. It is getting tiresome.

1,154 posts, read 274,405 times
He was a nepotistic crime boss with illusions of turning America's presidency into a monarchy.

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Thats right! Trump told it like it was... No BS. He would be the first one to say, he is not a polished politician. He didn`t have 50 years, to practice in being a BS artist.

I agreed with most of Trump's policies and voted for him twice.

But even I have to admit that he made me cringe with some of the things he said and the way he said them

It just wasn't necessary sometimes and just alienated people who might otherwise have actually agreed with him on the subject at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies