Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 10:33 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,301 times

Advertisements

I don't think most on the right oppose the topic of CRT, IF (and that's a big IF), it can be taught in a way that does not denigrate any other sub groups in the process. This is important to understand. We are not opposed to CRT, but we are concerned on the say CRT is being administered.

I don't have kids but if I did, I would not want them to feel guilty or alienated for the color of their skin. Also, many of us are against the radical indoctrination attempts to teach CRT.

CRT should be a class in K-12. It's just like reading, writing and arithmetic. Teach the subject matter and get on with your day. But zero marginalizing allowed.

I do think there is room for negotiation on this topic. But the leftists need to give a lot of ground before those on the right are comfortable. Left unchecked, we see right thru the leftists goals. CRT is a weapon that divides people and we have enough of that going on right now without a massive serving of CRT. Pass. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2021, 10:37 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I don't think most on the right oppose the topic of CRT, IF (and that's a big IF), it can be taught in a way that does not denigrate any other sub groups in the process. This is important to understand. We are not opposed to CRT, but we are concerned on the say CRT is being administered.

I don't have kids but if I did, I would not want them to feel guilty or alienated for the color of their skin. Also, many of us are against the radical indoctrination attempts to teach CRT.

CRT should be a class in K-12. It's just like reading, writing and arithmetic. Teach the subject matter and get on with your day. But zero marginalizing allowed.

I do think there is room for negotiation on this topic. But the leftists need to give a lot of ground before those on the right are comfortable. Left unchecked, we see right thru the leftists goals. CRT is a weapon that divides people and we have enough of that going on right now without a massive serving of CRT. Pass. No thanks.
CRT is crap.

The only valid use for CRT would be using it as an example of what NOT to teach to people.

We don't need to teach people that one group is automatically an oppressor, and another group is automatically a victim simply based on skin color.

No sir, file that crap in the round file.

Old 11-15-2021, 10:55 AM

15,440 posts, read 7,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
CRT is crap.

The only valid use for CRT would be using it as an example of what NOT to teach to people.

We don't need to teach people that one group is automatically an oppressor, and another group is automatically a victim simply based on skin color.

No sir, file that crap in the round file.
Are you denying that there is racism in America?

Does everyone studying CRT automatically assume "white people are bad", or is that a small, noisy, subset of people studying CRT?

Old 11-15-2021, 10:58 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
CRT should have remained in the legal colleges where it belonged.
It literally never left, except in the imaginations of fascists.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Are you denying that there is racism in America?

Does everyone studying CRT automatically assume "white people are bad", or is that a small, noisy, subset of people studying CRT?
Nobody believes all white people are bad, that's the dumbed-down strawman fascists rail against. Systemic racism is bad.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:22 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
We need to get used to the fact that no matter what social policies are enacted by our government, some people will end up being failures in life. Not everybody is going to "make it."

Homeless people, drug addicts, people who spend much of their lives in prison will always be among us. That is simply the human condition.

Old 11-15-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
We need to get used to the fact that no matter what social policies are enacted by our government, some people will end up being failures in life. Not everybody is going to "make it."

Homeless people, drug addicts, people who spend much of their lives in prison will always be among us. That is simply the human condition.
It's a condition created deliberately by capital. There are more housing units than people in America, many of the people in prison are there for non-violent offenses, drug addicts are often addicted to drugs forced onto them by the pharma industry... it's absurd to claim that this is just the way things are and there's no way to avoid it. That's capitalist propaganda serving the billionaire pedophile elite.

Edit: The opiate trade is experiencing shortages now that the CIA had to pull out of Afghanistan, lol. Individual Responsibility!

Old 11-15-2021, 12:24 PM

9,139 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
CRT should have remained in the legal colleges where it belonged.
Explain why it "belongs" in colleges and/or law schools.
It belongs in the ash bin of toxic ideologies.

Old 11-15-2021, 12:26 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
1) The state doesn't check our actual curriculum.

2) The state curriculum is poorly followed in most humanities classes and someone can hit curriculum in a different varieties including the woke way.

3) You choose to deny reality.
You stated that the trainings to teachers and lessons to students are racist. Either that is true, and you can show us the trainings and teachings (since you attended them and go the handouts), you can admit that you are speaking anecdotally, and there is no official curriculum to teach students that all whites are racists (as you stated), or you can flat-out admit you lied.

I'm guessing it is the second one. That it happens (I don't doubt that), and you either intentionally or unintentionally tried to make it look official, and then doubled down by swearing on your sweet grandmothers grave about it.

If it's the second one, then admit there is no 'official' curriculum that says all teachers in MA (or wherever you are) have to teach that all whites are bad, racist and all the other stuff you said.

Either back up your claim, admit you were incorrect, or lose credibility.

Old 11-15-2021, 03:18 PM

15,440 posts, read 7,502,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Explain why it "belongs" in colleges and/or law schools.
It belongs in the ash bin of toxic ideologies.
You want to prevent universities from studying the root causes of one of the biggest social issues of our time, simply because you don't like it? Why do you get to define what is or isn't toxic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies