Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 07:16 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,427,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I graduated high school in 1975. I certainly was taught both.
What state did you go to high school. As liberal as California is, I was never taught both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 07:41 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Endless threads on this issue --- sigh....we've discussed it to death.
And probably not one person here has checked the report or book or lessons etc with CRT and in what school or age group it’s being taught.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:01 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And probably not one person here has checked the report or book or lessons etc with CRT and in what school or age group it’s being taught.
My grandson, a junior last year, came home saying a book they were using in class said that all white people are racist and need to apologize for being white. A teacher told me they were given a grant by the Dept. of Education to teach CRT and this district needed the money.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:03 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My grandson, a junior last year, came home saying a book they were using in class said that all white people are racist and need to apologize for being white. A teacher told me they were given a grant by the Dept. of Education to teach CRT and this district needed the money.
What book was this. Was this a history book?

Old 07-10-2022, 10:33 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,427,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
CRT is also not about history. It started as legal scholarship at Harvard University by Derek bell who is critical of the Civil rights movement and of American liberalism. He points out laws in America on the books still hurt black Americans. Crt can be used as a frame work and as a philosophy how racism exists and can be used as an ideology like how communism, facism can be thought, or a even a religion. The dangerous part of CRT is if it is used as an ideology. Crt push started to go mainstream as George Floyd was killed by Derek Chauvin a Minneapolis police officer 2 years ago. This caused a nationwide and Anglosphere wide moral panic or crisis on race. Crt has tenants like a religion or political system. Crt like many Marxists ideologies like communism and nazism. Are critical of the individual, critical of liberalism, collectivist, and has a oppressed oppressor complex. Example. Communism the bougoussie is the oppressor, and workers and tenants are oppressed, nazism Germans are oppressed, while Jews, capitalists Marxists, homosexuals are the oppressors. With CRT. People of color are oppressed, and whites are oppressors.

CRT can be thought in school, but only as a philosophical framework, and not as an ideology. If crt is thought as an ideology on children who are impressionable. Than America is done for. Teaching ideologies to children is a problem, look what communist, facist and nazis did to children, and those children ended up killing tens fo millions of people in a short time span. Like communism and nazism. Crt also has a Marxist lineage.

I'm all for teaching American history and teach it truthfully. We need to talk about Tulsa, but we shoudo also talk about battle of Blair mountain, or the lynching 12 Italians in New Orleans falsely accused do murdering a cop. Let's talk about native Americans who owned slaves well past emancipation proclamation.. Alot of history has to be unraveled. Not just for blacks, but for all Americans.
Excellent points.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:54 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists still believe howling 'racist!!' is a winning strategy..

https://www.newsweek.com/no-its-not-...pinion-1646902
This strategy became the routine response of a liberal, as Obama used accusations of "racism" any time someone disagreed with his policies.

To a democrat, there is no such thing as a respectful disagreement; everything that opposes far left agendas is simply "racist". This strategy excuses the lib from engaging in any critical thinking or rational thought process. This is "Newspeak" from 1984 in action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies