Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2021, 06:03 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,506,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Exactly correct. We were thoroughly taught all this in the 60s, 70s, 80s. We don’t need or want special “entitlement” training now or ever.

CRT IS BLATANT RACISM.
Oh, F'n BS. You don't know what you don't know. You are, however, a fine example of someone who thinks "everything is fine, there's no racism anywhere in this great country of ours, and Blacks tend to be poorer because they are lazy and shiftless". You then go on about closing schools and forcing parents to fund all education personally, knowing full well that Blacks and other minorities, on average, don't make enough money to pay for school, all part of your desire to maintain White supremacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 06:05 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
No. Affirmative action is advantaging people by the color of their skin or their gender or some other irrelevant attribute. It’s blatant racism or sexism, which we are trying to get rid of. No one should receive mandated advantages based on their race or sex. Affirmative action is implicitly evil.
Right, because you are perfectly OK with a business hiring a White guy who isn't as qualified as the 10 Black applicants.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:23 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Right, because you are perfectly OK with a business hiring a White guy who isn't as qualified as the 10 Black applicants.
You can assert your nonsensical victim mentality whoa is me I want special treatment bs all day long. It doesn’t make it true or real. You need to accept responsibility for your own individual behavior and achieve your dreams for your life ALL BY YOURSELF. Nobody is responsible to make your life easy or happy or just. Be valuable, be useful, work hard, be nice, be pleasant, be responsible, be honest, do what you say you are going to do and show the hell up. Everything else will fall into place. We need people to be behaving intelligently and responsibly no matter what their relatives in the 1200s did. Don’t care about them, don’t care what was done to them. They are dead and gone and forgotten. Today is all that matters. Make good decisions today and good things will happen. Doesn’t matter race, religion, or class. This is a free country and everyone who makes good decisions has a reasonable chance at success and privilege. Privilege is EARNED, not granted. It is DESERVED, not dispensed. Now quit whining that the universe didn’t give you stuff and go out and earn it. I ain’t giving you nuthin. And I don’t expect you to give me nuthin. Life is trade, not entitlements.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Oh, F'n BS. You don't know what you don't know. You are, however, a fine example of someone who thinks "everything is fine, there's no racism anywhere in this great country of ours, and Blacks tend to be poorer because they are lazy and shiftless". You then go on about closing schools and forcing parents to fund all education personally, knowing full well that Blacks and other minorities, on average, don't make enough money to pay for school, all part of your desire to maintain White supremacy.
Hey, guess what? Don’t have kids if you can’t afford to have them and educate them. Kids are not a right and kids are not pets. You have no right to have kids then demand that others pay for them. That’s called theft. Run your life right and do things in the right order. If I’m broke and I can’t figure out a way to make sufficient nice green dollars, then guess what? No kids for me.

If more people thought this way, we wouldn’t have any kids in poverty. I would NEVER bring new life into the world that I couldn’t afford to take care of ALL BY MYSELF with my own family unit. This whole whoa-is-me-I’m-poor mentality is usually a choice, not a curse. No kids until there is money, marriage, and stability. Really tired of this “Oh, I have 4 kids and I can’t afford this or that.” Well, what the heck did you THINK was going to happen if you had kids at the wrong time and under the wrong circumstances. This is not rocket science, or even Kindergarten science. It’s basic common sense. Do things in the right order and don’t be demanding largesse from your neighbors. They aren’t responsible for bs bad decisions.

You get cancer out of the blue with the 4 kids? Then we’ll talk about charity and safety nets. But the vast majority of peeps are just acting like stupid entitled fools indulging themselves in their own bad choices. Too bad. That’s your problem. Solve it. Without theft.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:33 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
You can assert your nonsensical victim mentality whoa is me I want special treatment bs all day long. It doesn’t make it true or real. You need to accept responsibility for your own individual behavior and achieve your dreams for your life ALL BY YOURSELF. Nobody is responsible to make your life easy or happy or just. Be valuable, be useful, work hard, be nice, be pleasant, be responsible, be honest, do what you say you are going to do and show the hell up. Everything else will fall into place. We need people to be behaving intelligently and responsibly no matter what their relatives in the 1200s did. Don’t care about them, don’t care what was done to them. They are dead and gone and forgotten. Today is all that matters. Make good decisions today and good things will happen. Doesn’t matter race, religion, or class. This is a free country and everyone who makes good decisions has a reasonable chance at success and privilege. Privilege is EARNED, not granted. It is DESERVED, not dispensed. Now quit whining that the universe didn’t give you stuff and go out and earn it. I ain’t giving you nuthin. And I don’t expect you to give me nuthin. Life is trade, not entitlements.
That poster is not a rational actor in this argument .

Old 11-13-2021, 10:42 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
As a teacher I can 100% sincerely say that some of the trainings for teachers and lessons to students are objectively racist and illogical in the name of being woke, equitable, and for social justice.

For example, teaching that only whites are responsible for mass global pollution. That is in fact racist to teach that.
I don’t believe this at all. Can you provide the actual curriculum of what teachers are taught in your state

Old 11-14-2021, 02:30 AM

26,509 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don’t believe this at all. Can you provide the actual curriculum of what teachers are taught in your state
1) The state doesn't check our actual curriculum.

2) The state curriculum is poorly followed in most humanities classes and someone can hit curriculum in a different varieties including the woke way.

3) You choose to deny reality.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 11-14-2021 at 03:01 AM..

Old 11-14-2021, 05:10 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So.......CRT is a thing and should be taught to school children?
Where did you get that in my post?

Old 11-14-2021, 05:14 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
No. Affirmative action is advantaging people by the color of their skin or their gender or some other irrelevant attribute. It’s blatant racism or sexism, which we are trying to get rid of. No one should receive mandated advantages based on their race or sex. Affirmative action is implicitly evil.
As stated, affirmative action has benefited every race, whether you like it or not. It came to being because certain people denied others opportunities based on color of skin, gender or some other irrelevant attribute. That is implicitly evil.

Old 11-14-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
As stated, affirmative action has benefited every race, whether you like it or not. It came to being because certain people denied others opportunities based on color of skin, gender or some other irrelevant attribute. That is implicitly evil.
And the solution to implicit evil is not to institutionalize it and continue it. Every act of so-called “affirmative” action cheated a better person out of their opportunity. The best people are not getting the job. And the public is robbed of the best service. In the case of firefighters and police, peoples lives are at stake because the objectively best and strongest candidate for the job was rejected in favor of irrelevant factors such as race, ethnicity, or sex.

We are not better off with so-called “affirmative” action, because we are not better off with institutionalized racism and sexism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies