Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 06:45 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
So you just glossed over the FACT the black veterans were denied home loans, promised to them via the G.I. Bill, homes that would have been the seeds for generational wealth?

You just shrugged your shoulders, offered ZERO acknowledgement and went straight for the outrage that such injustice should only be covered just a little bit, because you know, there aren't that many black folk in this country, so we really don't need to educate ourselves of illegalities and injustice. WOW!

So by your standards, Native Americans should be completely washed from grade school curriculum with their pathetic 2% of the population numbers. F those losers anyway, amirite?
My parents bought their first house in 1964 solely on my father's $4,000 dollar/year salary and that is exactly how most of the people in the generation before mine did it. No money from their parents and no GI Bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2021, 06:49 AM

27,545 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
That's my problem - the white-washing of history. That black people are only a small percentage of the population so their experiences and contributions aren't good enough to have space and time for children to learn from and about. That's insidious and chilling to me.
Black history month has existed in schools since the 1970s.

So, what you're saying is nonsense.

Old 11-12-2021, 08:16 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I swear on my grandmother's grave that the following things have been taught to teachers at trainings or/and have been taught to students in some classes at the school I teach at:

-Only white people can be racist.

-Whiteness is defined and with negative spins. No other race defined.

-White people are solely responsible for global mass pollution.

-White people are an invasive species.

-If you support capitalism then you support racism.

-Black people have to fear violence everyday from whites.

-All white people are racist.

These teachings are racist and/or illogical.

This leftist racism is being made into systemic racism as the racist teachings become institutionalized.

Racism doesn't belong in schools.

Are these things in a manual somewhere, or is this your interpretation. A lot of people hear that "SOME white people did some bad things in the past" and interpret that as "whiteness is defined with a negative spin". I'm not trying to throw stones here, it's just human nature.

Are you sure there is an actual policy of teaching these things "All white people are racists" or are there a few extremists who are teaching this, just like there are also a few extremist who teach "all blacks are racist" or "All blacks are lazy and got what they deserve"?

I've certainly seen evidence of both violations, right here on CD-POC.

You're a teacher, maybe you can show a screenshot of the manual that says "all white people are racist" (Or at least show your grandmother a little more respect?)

Old 11-12-2021, 08:23 AM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
We went from “CRT is not in k-12” to good luck finding k-12 materials that do not include CRT concepts.

https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/...65045888368641

Cut the CRAP!

Old 11-12-2021, 08:54 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The Left is being extremely dishonest.

They push blatantly racist teachings under the guise of "anti-racism" and "diversity and inclusion" trainings.

Then when called out they hyper-focus on CRT and its definition instead of focusing on the reality that they are pushing and institutionalizing systemic racism.
This post is extremely dishonest, and you well-know it.

"The Left" is not trying to teach racist teaching. "Some" on the left are, just like "some" on the right try to deny all racism.

You're no better (and respectfully, no worse, I'll give you that) than the people you are railing against. It is not "the left" that is pushing racism, just like it's not "the right" who are all racists.

Get real, and have an honest discussion if you REALLY want to make positive change.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:04 AM

4,341 posts, read 2,227,253 times
In 2018, the largest public teachers’ union adopted the following: “The National Education Association (NEA) believes that, in order to achieve racial and social justice, educators must acknowledge the existence of White supremacy culture as a primary root cause of institutional racism, structural racism, and White privilege. Additionally, the Association believes that the norms, standards, and organizational structures manifested in White supremacy culture perpetually exploit and oppress people of color and serve as detriments to racial justice. Further, the invisible racial benefits of White privilege, which are automatically conferred irrespective of wealth, gender, and other factors, severely limit opportunities for people of color and impede full achievement of racial and social justice. Therefore, the Association will actively advocate for social and educational strategies fostering the eradication of institutional racism and White privilege perpetuated by White supremacy culture.

This - from the largest teachers union - which is made up of teachers, you know, the people who have been entrusted to teach....children.

They've adopted this ideology which is pure CRT.

From their own internal business affairs website - which was taken down, but fortunately the internet remembers everything
New Business Item 39ACTION:ADOPTED AS MODIFIED
<PREVIOUSNEXT>
The NEA will, with guidance on implementation from the NEA president and chairs of the Ethnic Minority Affairs Caucuses:

A. Share and publicize, through existing channels, information already available on critical race theory (CRT) -- what it is and what it is not; have a team of staffers for members who want to learn more and fight back against anti-CRT rhetoric; and share information with other NEA members as well as their community members.

B. Provide an already-created, in-depth, study that critiques empire, white supremacy, anti-Blackness, anti-Indigeneity, racism, patriarchy, cisheteropatriarchy, capitalism, ableism, anthropocentrism, and other forms of power and oppression at the intersections of our society, and that we oppose attempts to ban critical race theory and/or The 1619 Project.

C. Publicly (through existing media) convey its support for the accurate and honest teaching of social studies topics, including truthful and age-appropriate accountings of unpleasant aspects of American history, such as slavery, and the oppression and discrimination of Indigenous, Black, Brown, and other peoples of color, as well as the continued impact this history has on our current society. The Association will further convey that in teaching these topics, it is reasonable and appropriate for curriculum to be informed by academic frameworks for understanding and interpreting the impact of the past on current society, including critical race theory.

D. Join with Black Lives Matter at School and the Zinn Education Project to call for a rally this year on October 14—George Floyd’s birthday—as a national day of action to teach lessons about structural racism and oppression. Followed by one day of action that recognize and honor lives taken such as Breonna Taylor, Philando Castile, and others. The National Education Association shall publicize these National Days of Action to all its members, including in NEA Today.

E. Conduct a virtual listening tour that will educate members on the tools and resources needed to defend honesty in education including but not limited to tools like CRT.

F. Commit President Becky Pringle to make public statements across all lines of media that support racial honesty in education including but not limited to critical race theory.

NBI has been modified by its mover.

Rationale/Background
USA's economy/social order is built on interactions between different cultures/races. To deny opportunities to teach truth about Black, Brown, and other marginalized races minimalizes the necessity for students to build efficacy. The ancient African proverb says, "Know Thyself."

===

The mental poison known as CRT should be utterly rejected from all public schools as a divisive and destructive ideology.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:09 AM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists still believe howling 'racist!!' is a winning strategy.
It's not that they believe it's a winning strategy.

It's just that they have no other strategy.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:35 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
We went from “CRT is not in k-12” to good luck finding k-12 materials that do not include CRT concepts.

https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/...65045888368641

Cut the CRAP!
the crap is getting worse.

Scottsdale school board president BUSTED with dossier of parents who oppose CRT including photos of their CHILDREN

Old 11-12-2021, 02:41 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
I keep hearing, "It's only taught in law schools."
Why should this crap be taught in law school?
Do we really want lawyers to think this way?

Old 11-13-2021, 11:05 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Don't be so dense.

And my answer to your first question - as much as necessary for a full understanding of the black experience in this country, along with the vast and varied contributions by black people to the birth and development of this nation.

Black people and US history are intertwined and inextricable. So sorry, a one-pager glossing over slavery on one side and the civil rights movement on the other isn't going to cut it anymore.

We teach about white people ALL THE TIME. And now when room is made to shine a very harsh light on the realities of our history, you start crying about it. MLK Day must find you foaming at the mouth.

As to your second question - show me an occurrence in school, anywhere in this country where nothing else is talked about or taught besides black people. Otherwise, it's a retarded question.

Why are you afraid of the truth being taught to children?

And any thought on those black veterans getting shafted? Should we just sweep that under the rug and pretend it never happened?
I’m a bit tired of this whiny victim mentality. Be an INDIVIDUAL, not a race. Be VALUABLE, not a leech. Be RATIONAL, not a collectivist sheep. I am not responsible for slavery, don’t care about slavery, and owe nobody anything for slavery that took place in ancient Greece, ancient China, or Civil War America. Nobody today is a slave, and nobody today is DUE ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT. Be an individual. Be valuable. Make yourself someone others like and want to be around. Race is irrelevant. I don’t care about it. I don’t want to hear about it. I deal with INDIVIDUALS, NOT GROUPS.

CRT is for groupthink punishment and groupthink entitlement. It is false, wrong, counterproductive, and will increase irrational racism and make life worse for the whiny victims that embrace it. I accept no guilt, and I embrace my “entitlement” as a living human INDIVIDUAL. PERIOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies