Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2021, 05:25 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times

Advertisements

Interesting article on criticism of CRT https://www.newyorker.com/news/annal...al-race-theory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2021, 07:08 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I swear on my grandmother's grave that the following things have been taught to teachers at trainings or/and have been taught to students in some classes at the school I teach at:

-Only white people can be racist.

-Whiteness is defined and with negative spins. No other race defined.

-White people are solely responsible for global mass pollution.

-White people are an invasive species.

-If you support capitalism then you support racism.

-Black people have to fear violence everyday from whites.

-All white people are racist.

These teachings are racist and/or illogical.

This leftist racism is being made into systemic racism as the racist teachings become institutionalized.

Racism doesn't belong in schools.
Where is this being taught? What state? Is it in a public school? Are you talking about Michigan? Or somewhere else?

Old 11-14-2021, 07:43 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No. Affirmative action is advantaging people by the color of their skin or their gender or some other irrelevant attribute. It’s blatant racism or sexism, which we are trying to get rid of. No one should receive mandated advantages based on their race or sex. Affirmative action is implicitly evil.
Affirmative action just gave some competition to white males. They have been whining about it ever since.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:11 PM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
CRT is a way to try and determine why, 50+ years after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed, along with other legislation promoting equality, are Blacks still suffering from inequity. Do you not think that's something that should be studied? If not, why not?
We need to accept the reality that there will always be inequality in society because humans are different. The best we can do is to ensure that everyone has equal opportunities and a fair chance to succeed.

Other than that, it is up to individuals to determine what kind of life they want to create for themselves.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:13 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Affirmative action just gave some competition to white males. They have been whining about it ever since.
No, affirmative action in this day and age is nothing more than a checkbox-ticking exercise that prioritizes race over merit. It may have been needed 50 years ago post Civil Rights Act, but as with everything the government does, it's far outlived its usefulness.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:34 PM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Interesting article on criticism of CRT https://www.newyorker.com/news/annal...al-race-theory
Chris rufo, James Lindsay and Peter begosian are the big three that are agaisnt critical race theory. Intresting thing about all three men is that they are all liberal background. Yes crt has a Marxian legacy but it is not main line Marxist. It does essentialize race, story telling as gospel of so called victims. Like Marxism crt critique of liberalism and critique of capitalism which is racist. By the way crt was developed in the United States. The theory is manly thought in legal studies and law school but now the ideology is out of the bag and has no leaders.

Old 11-14-2021, 09:11 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
1) The state doesn't check our actual curriculum.

2) The state curriculum is poorly followed in most humanities classes and someone can hit curriculum in a different varieties including the woke way.

3) You choose to deny reality.
The reality is.....you don't even know what the crt curriculum is. Is is part of history classes because there is no subject labeled crt in schools

Old 11-14-2021, 10:10 PM

1,866 posts, read 647,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The reality is.....you don't even know what the crt curriculum is. Is is part of history classes because there is no subject labeled crt in schools
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supre...t/378/184.html
I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the motion picture involved in this case is not that.
What Justice Stewart said was essentially: I may not be able to define obscenity but I recognize it when I see it.

Same thing here. The parents may not see the official Critical Race Theory curriculum, but they recognize the intellectual garbage that it is when their children reported it.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:19 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supre...t/378/184.html
I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the motion picture involved in this case is not that.
What Justice Stewart said was essentially: I may not be able to define obscenity but I recognize it when I see it.

Same thing here. The parents may not see the official Critical Race Theory curriculum, but they recognize the intellectual garbage that it is when their children reported it.

Do you know how stupid parents sound then. They have no idea what crt even is yet they are up in arms about it. And what have their children reported.

Old 11-14-2021, 10:25 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Where is this being taught? What state? Is it in a public school? Are you talking about Michigan? Or somewhere else?
Gaslight much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies