Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 09:16 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Do not resort to this. You cannot dismiss the thousands of parents who found similar experiences among their children. Or are you saying this is a case of nationwide mass hysteria?

Critical Race Theory basically said the entirety of US society is so deeply ingrained with racism that everyone living in the US is complicit in perpetuating racism with blacks being the majority victims. White supremacy pervades the world, not just the US. Any person of any race at anywhere that like anything that is of 'white' origin is a tacit white supremacist and that person does not even know he/she is a white supremacist.

You see all those Asian business and government leaders? That they wear the suit and tie which are of 'white' origin makes them complicit in perpetuating white supremacy. CRT teachings does not specify the words 'suit and tie' but generalizes all 'white' cultural elements. Hence, we got the absurdity of CRT teachers saying being on time or exercising critical analysis techniques is 'white supremacy'.
Where do you get this from. This isn't even taught in schools. But it seems white parents are scared of it....fascinating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 12:14 AM

1,877 posts, read 650,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Where do you get this from.
From the book 'Critical Race Theory' and from books by Ibram X Kendi and Robin DiAngelo. Ever read any of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This isn't even taught in schools. But it seems white parents are scared of it....fascinating.
Of course CRT is taught in pre-college schools. Just not officially under that title.

Old 11-16-2021, 12:52 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Now the schools are trying to be a little more truthful than that and people are losing their minds. However, it's my opinion that kids don't need to be "taught" what racism is. They live in the world, they know.
What kids see in the world is that people of certain racial backgrounds tend to have a higher academic achievement than people of other racial backgrounds.

At least some kids will wonder why this discrepancy exists even when everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed.

Old 11-16-2021, 05:13 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
You are correct. It is nonsense, but it is being taught -- guerrilla style.

https://www.newsweek.com/math-suffer...course-1571511
The screenshot making the rounds on Twitter is an image of the EquitableMath.org website that begins with: "White supremacy culture shows up in math classrooms when... The focus is on getting the 'right' answer."

That's followed by a paragraph that reads: "The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so. Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict."
This is a Bill Gates-funded curriculum that he is pushing. Where is this actually being taught?

Old 02-09-2022, 09:58 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This is a Bill Gates-funded curriculum that he is pushing. Where is this actually being taught?
Oakland for one
https://west.edtrust.org/press-relea...ath-education/

Oregon, for another

Old 07-04-2022, 10:53 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,427,406 times
Quote:
At some point, someone needs to have a clear rubric for what is CRT and what is just American history and sociology. Because if we go far enough down this road, we will just cancel all of American history because it's hard to get into it without discussing race.

We fought a CIVIL WAR over racial slavery... do we just want to cancel all that? Or go back to teaching that the civil war was about states rights and tariffs?

What I learned in K-12 is that America made a few mistakes, then the civil rights Avengers of MLK, Rosa Parks and John Lewis showed up, and taught Americans the error of our ways. The very clear message was that my generation (90s kids) were going to be the non-racist ones. We were taught "racism bad, only old jerks are racist, none of us sees color, it's over." Seriously, I was in my mid-20s still believing that racism had been eradicated, that it was something only my racist grandparents clung to. I was 26 when Barack Obama was elected and I thought racism was well and truly done. I remember telling my dad that racism was over. LOL how wrong I was.

Now the schools are trying to be a little more truthful than that and people are losing their minds. However, it's my opinion that kids don't need to be "taught" what racism is. They live in the world, they know.
Well said. The same talking points against CRT are very similar to the same racist talking points to justify why integration should never happen, why discrimination was right, and why structural racism never existed. But, we do need to address historical facts, and let students interpret it for themselves. What needs to be discussed if a person is opposed to CRT, is the CAUSE and EFFECT of racism. You can't discuss slavery without discussing its cause and how it affected all people involved.

Old 07-04-2022, 11:05 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What kids see in the world is that people of certain racial backgrounds tend to have a higher academic achievement than people of other racial backgrounds.

At least some kids will wonder why this discrepancy exists even when everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed.
Let's see, Dad's missing and mom is clueless is first line of what's happening wrong. Feel sorry for these kids.

Old 07-04-2022, 11:58 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
There's a huge difference between living in a world with racism, and blaming everything that doesn't go your way on race.

That's why CRT doesn't work. It addresses the former without accepting the latter.

I'm black, everything that doesn't go my way isn't racist. I can't be a victim and a victor, I have to choose one.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:33 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Well said. The same talking points against CRT are very similar to the same racist talking points to justify why integration should never happen, why discrimination was right, and why structural racism never existed. But, we do need to address historical facts, and let students interpret it for themselves. What needs to be discussed if a person is opposed to CRT, is the CAUSE and EFFECT of racism. You can't discuss slavery without discussing its cause and how it affected all people involved.
How long should the pot be kept boiling on race?

Old 07-05-2022, 10:44 AM

9,423 posts, read 11,176,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists still believe howling 'racist!!' is a winning strategy..

https://www.newsweek.com/no-its-not-...pinion-1646902
It's best to understand that EVERYTHING that comes from the radical left is 180 degrees from the truth. That's why I call this a 180 world.

But I think the very core of "liberal" being is massive overwhelming guilt. I knew that when I was 16. They telegraph every truth about themselves. Bill Clinton was a great teacher for me. First as governor, then as POTUS, everything he accused his opponents of, every statement he made was 180 from the truth. Everything. Let's not even get into the puzzling 100+ curious deaths of people inconvenient to Bill and Hill.

How can they call Clarence Thomas or other prominent blacks every name in the book, and then some new invented names, and not get attacked by other Lefties as being racist?

Double standard. It's OK for me but not for thee. Which makes EVERYTHING they say OK, and everything opposing sides say NOT OK.

Next to guilt is incurable childishness. Yell. Call names. Point fingers. Stinky stinky nyaa nyaa nyaa poopie head! Might as well, that's their level.

Look no further than The View for daily lessons on children posing as adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies