Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Thankful That Kyle Rittenhouse Put a Pedophile 6 Feet Under?
Yes 164 74.89%
No 43 19.63%
Unsure 9 4.11%
Im Afraid to Say 3 1.37%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 11:45 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
He could just as easily have been dead if his attacker had fired first - clearly they did not intend to kill him. Go ahead and worship at his altar - I don't. I believe people have the right to self defense, but as another poster pointed out, going into an area of unrest carrying a rifle does not constitute simple self defense. I know he was found not guilty by reason of self defense in that moment but he put himself in the direct path of violence simply by being there. Maybe he can become the poster boy for the NRA - he'll be all set for life. Except for those nightmares... Let's hope the country doesn't descend into vigilantism but once the right gets in power again it likely will - and you all can celebrate some more.

Clearly I am in the minority in this thread, I've said my piece so I won't comment further.
The people he killed were unarmed so that could not have happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 12:39 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's not what happened though....a 17 year old was attacked by a pedophile and then by a lynch mob and he simply defended himself against them. Self defense is not "meting out justice as one sees fit"....it's a civil right.

As to Kyle, I don't "idolize" him, but I do respect how he handled himself. He was in a terrible position and he had stellar discipline, always seeking to retreat first and firing only when he had no other choice.

On top of that, he'll be set for life once the lawsuits are finished. The reason so many morons believe that he acted inappropriately is because of malicious media slander....and slander by elected politicians. His life will be greatly improved as a result of this.
No - I’d never let any of my 3 sons run off toting into a riot - that’s not sane. It’s not the 1700s - let cops go their jobs. Wether you agree or not… and as for those store owners who put out the call- what they have to say?? Too cheap to hire security? I’m always going to fall back on “intent” the kid went bold n found himself in deep - heat. He had the bigger weapon , think he might be dead or injured today if someone had fired back. Law let him free - I’m good with that. Due process - foolish young man -Yes

Old 11-23-2021, 12:55 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
No.

Hopefully Kyle has some sorrow for the extinguishing of lives.
Be it by self defense or whatnot.

He can freely opine about self defense...so long as he puts the rest of the truth in the narrative.

People actually can defend themselves without death being the result.

Old 11-23-2021, 01:27 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa;62373086[B
]The people he killed were unarmed so that could not have happened.
That is not true, but most things the left say are not true, so no big deal. You didn't watch the trial. like the vast majority of the left, they just took CNN's lies and continue to spread them.

Old 11-23-2021, 01:29 PM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
No.

Hopefully Kyle has some sorrow for the extinguishing of lives.
Be it by self defense or whatnot.

He can freely opine about self defense...so long as he puts the rest of the truth in the narrative.

People actually can defend themselves without death being the result.
You would try to talk your way out of being attacked or killed by someone who just minutes before stated that he was going to kill you, or would you simply hand your weapon over to your attacker?

Old 11-23-2021, 01:47 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Lol. They certainly weren’t unarmed. You should educate yourself on exactly what happened because it’s obvious you don’t know.

Old 11-23-2021, 01:49 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

Have you been living under a rock? Or are you just getting your news from your pet rock? It's amazing how the trial is already over, and still so many people still do not know the key critical points and most basic facts of this case... Yet those are some of the most emotionally invested people in this particular case.

Old 11-23-2021, 01:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No - I’d never let any of my 3 sons run off toting into a riot - that’s not sane. It’s not the 1700s - let cops go their jobs. Wether you agree or not… and as for those store owners who put out the call- what they have to say?? Too cheap to hire security? I’m always going to fall back on “intent” the kid went bold n found himself in deep - heat. He had the bigger weapon , think he might be dead or injured today if someone had fired back. Law let him free - I’m good with that. Due process - foolish young man -Yes
Except there were major riots, looting, burning it down, violence, etc…, going on so I’m sure usual security was busy, lol.

The cops were doing their jobs. They were overrun with rioters, looters, burn it down folks, etc…

Except mights and ifs don’t count.

Smart and brave young man. The attackers not so much.

Old 11-23-2021, 02:11 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Simple question. I think I know what most people think, but many are afraid to really express it.
Did he also talk in the movie theater?

Old 11-24-2021, 10:07 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

So he spent 13 years in jail for having sex with a minor. I'd say he paid his debt to society. Why should we be thankful that he is dead? How can you all be so snarky and gleeful about this guy whose short life here sounds lilke a living hell?

He could have gotten therapy, he could have asked for that in prison. Who are you to assume people are snarky or gleeful about his death. You are an idiot to make such an assumption about anyone feeling or acting that way just for being thankful he is gone. More children will be safer from him.

Since you brought up the assumption he was that way being from his own life and having a Mother who failed him that shows me you know he would never change because you used that for an excuse for what he did. He wasn't shot for what he did in his past he was shot in self defense. You have a problem understanding that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies