Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Thankful That Kyle Rittenhouse Put a Pedophile 6 Feet Under?
Yes 164 74.89%
No 43 19.63%
Unsure 9 4.11%
Im Afraid to Say 3 1.37%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 10:22 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
He could have gotten therapy, he could have asked for that in prison. Who are you to assume people are snarky or gleeful about his death. You are an idiot to make such an assumption about anyone feeling or acting that way just for being thankful he is gone. More children will be safer from him.

Since you brought up the assumption he was that way being from his own life and having a Mother who failed him that shows me you know he would never change because you used that for an excuse for what he did. He wasn't shot for what he did in his past he was shot in self defense. You have a problem understanding that.
Bingo… had he not attacked Rittenhouse he’d still be alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 11:03 AM

20,122 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. They certainly weren’t unarmed. You should educate yourself on exactly what happened because it’s obvious you don’t know.
reading is a skill many haven't mastered.

Old 11-24-2021, 11:05 AM

20,122 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No - I’d never let any of my 3 sons run off toting into a riot - that’s not sane. It’s not the 1700s - let cops go their jobs. Wether you agree or not… and as for those store owners who put out the call- what they have to say?? Too cheap to hire security? I’m always going to fall back on “intent” the kid went bold n found himself in deep - heat. He had the bigger weapon , think he might be dead or injured today if someone had fired back. Law let him free - I’m good with that. Due process - foolish young man -Yes
Do you say the same thing to cancer victims with no insurance?

Old 11-24-2021, 11:05 AM

30,899 posts, read 36,980,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I don't see anything to be thankful about in thie entire situation. I don't believe the alleged pedofile had his day in court, so that is unresolved, plus I don't believe in the death penalty as a general matter. But Rittenhouse, while to me was in an ill-advised place and situation, was justified in his actions based on self defense regardless. This is a series of people making poor decisions and I can't see myself feeling good about any of it regardless of agreeing with the verdict.
+1

You expressed it better than I could.

Old 11-24-2021, 11:32 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,875,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The people he killed were unarmed so that could not have happened.
That's where you are wrong - One guy was armed with a handgun that he had gotten illegally, another was armed with a skateboard and he tried to smash Rittenhouse's head and neck with it, so thereby it was a weapon, another guy tried to use his foot to stomp Rittenhouse's face into the pavement, and Rosenbaum tried to grab the rifle out of Rittenhouse's grasp. He had no choice but to defend himself against those who tried harm him and everyone of those people he killed had items that could be deemed as weapons, just like Darrell Brooks in Waukesha, WI a short distance away, who used his SUV as a weapon to kill and injure others.

Old 11-24-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
You all are sick. A 17 year old with a gun crossing state lines for battle. America has lost its way, lost its moral compass, we are all going to hell.
It's ironic because that's what many BLM rioters were doing. Rittenhouse was not. Stop parroting the lie, as another poster said.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I believe people are pointing out that the perpetrator isn’t a martyr for a cause like the left is trying to portray him, and to make Kyle out to be a evil racist. Maybe Kyle shouldn’t have been there, but rosenbaum was running at Kyle, a full grown man in his mid 30’s who meant to harm him.
The point is, Kyle acted in self defense and the jury after hearing the evidence declared him not guilty. His case is a huge example of why we don’t convict in the court of social media, or public opinion. The left media wanted and still wants to convict Kyle to make a example out of him. They really don’t care about rosenbaum, he was just a tool to them and nothing more.
Spot on. Especially the bolded.

Old 11-25-2021, 10:34 AM

2,671 posts, read 1,192,261 times
Quote:
I don't see anything to be thankful about in thie entire situation. I don't believe the alleged pedofile had his day in court, so that is unresolved, plus I don't believe in the death penalty as a general matter. But Rittenhouse, while to me was in an ill-advised place and situation, was justified in his actions based on self defense regardless. This is a series if people making poor decisions and I can't see myself feeling good about any of it regardless of agreeing with the verdict.
Alleged pedophile?!? are you kidding? he was in jail for raping little boys. He was inmate 172556, convicted sex offender. He was screaming offensive racial slurs and set a fire at the Riot. I see you care nothing about the safety of young boys he violated but I do. I can't feel sorry for someone like that who anally rapes young boys. I don't celebrate his death but I also will never feel sorry he is dead. His family I feel for because they were most likely to stupid to see what he really was.

Old 11-25-2021, 10:37 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,601,138 times
Quote:
I don't see anything to be thankful about in thie entire situation. I don't believe the alleged pedofile had his day in court, so that is unresolved, plus I don't believe in the death penalty as a general matter. But Rittenhouse, while to me was in an ill-advised place and situation, was justified in his actions based on self defense regardless. This is a series if people making poor decisions and I can't see myself feeling good about any of it regardless of agreeing with the verdict.
I don't think "alleged" is the right word to describe convicted pedo who spent 10 years in state prison + sex offender registry for being a pedo.

Old 11-25-2021, 10:39 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
The one MAJOR Pedophile is Joe Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies