Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 09:17 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,496,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Spoken like a true Marxist.
You nailed it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 09:23 AM

33,594 posts, read 18,225,315 times
This is how lefties Christmas shop.. the dems are supporting it. No jail time. Just help yourself to under $1000 of merchandise.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:23 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,274,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
So, a little test here:

Who ultimately pays the price when these thefts go unprosecuted and unpunished?
The rich from the looks of it.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:29 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,448,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What I'm saying is, this is probably the reason they're not actively protecting their stores.

Because they can sell a few items and that would make up for massive theft.

This isn't new that they're not bothering to protect their stores, it's been going on for a few years. Apparently if they sell some of their merch for what their asking, they're good.
From my understanding they are protecting their stores. One article said they normally have an officer at the door but he was on break when this happened. Maybe they should shut and lock the door when the officer goes on break or rotate someone in.

Either way, these scum that liberals like to defend are affecting life for all of us. At the malls around me, you now have to have an appointment to get into the high end stores and you wait out in the hall until they let you in. A year ago I used to be able to shop at will in these places. Not that I buy much from them but it is fun to look at high quality goods. In addition, these scum that democrats like to defend cost us all money because the stolen merchandise has to be paid for somehow but stores are now beginning to limit hour which has ripple affects across the economy.

It’s time to end the progressive madness and reestablish law and order in this country.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:31 AM

7,977 posts, read 5,004,497 times
Filthy state full of criminals

Old 11-21-2021, 09:31 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,448,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
So, a little test here:

Who ultimately pays the price when these thefts go unprosecuted and unpunished?
We all pay for crimes like these. People don’t understand there are ripple affects from crime that we all pay for. If you vote for candidates soft on crime, you are literally costing all of us money.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:41 AM

43,343 posts, read 18,477,138 times
Quote:
What I'm saying is, this is probably the reason they're not actively protecting their stores.

Because they can sell a few items and that would make up for massive theft.

This isn't new that they're not bothering to protect their stores, it's been going on for a few years. Apparently if they sell some of their merch for what their asking, they're good.
Do you just make up reasons that make you feel good and then consider that "fact" ?

Have you read of the extra security measures Walgreens took ?
That didn't work and so they have closed over 15 stores in the SF areas.

The crimes are going unpunished which makes those criminals more brazen.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:52 AM

16,587 posts, read 10,705,401 times
Quote:
I tried to google Louis Vuitton cost vs. purchase price, and couldn't find it. It CERTAINLY seems like they have at least 500% mark up. There is no reason to charge the price they do for comparable leather goods, that you can source elsewhere for very little cost.

So maybe the management at Louis Vuitton figures, sit there and watch the merchandise leave the room by theft, if you get a few paying customers here and there, you'll still make an outrageous profit?
Louis Vuitton charges what they do because people are willing to pay it. As for the management, I suspect their cost-benefit calculation runs more along the lines of, one manager can do nothing against an organized gang of a dozen or more smash-and-grab robbers who may well be armed. Add to that the knowledge that the thieves won't be punished, but the manager might be, if he tries to stop them, and the conclusion is, he decides it's not worth his life to do anything except hide in a closet.

Old 11-21-2021, 09:53 AM

19,731 posts, read 12,308,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
From my understanding they are protecting their stores. One article said they normally have an officer at the door but he was on break when this happened. Maybe they should shut and lock the door when the officer goes on break or rotate someone in.

Either way, these scum that liberals like to defend are affecting life for all of us. At the malls around me, you now have to have an appointment to get into the high end stores and you wait out in the hall until they let you in. A year ago I used to be able to shop at will in these places. Not that I buy much from them but it is fun to look at high quality goods. In addition, these scum that democrats like to defend cost us all money because the stolen merchandise has to be paid for somehow but stores are now beginning to limit hour which has ripple affects across the economy.

It’s time to end the progressive madness and reestablish law and order in this country.
Good for them, that is how it should be. They don't need a bunch of window shoppers who aren't going to buy anything and who might hold up the store or worse.

As far as having an open store with an officer at the door pffft, what are they going to do when a mob of fifty people barge in but get out of the way. I'd rather go back to the days of wealthy people buying exclusive products privately and the rest of us can shop at regular stores, online, etc. It's a shame so many mid priced boutiques are not able to make it anymore and Covid did a lot of them in.

This designer brand crap mania started in the late 70s, went huge in the 80s , seemed to fade a bit and now it's back 1000% with rappers pushing "bling", and people being killed for shoes and jackets.

As far as corner stores like CVS being looted, that's a different animal - people go there for necessities and health needs and there should be real protection allowed for those types of stores.

Old 11-21-2021, 10:22 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,286,971 times
"The thieves also tried to get into the Fendi store by smashing one of the windows but could not get in."

Makes me feel safe in my house with impact resistant glass in my windows! Keeps out hurricanes and rioters. I think a new sales opportunity outside of hurricane alley just opened for "hurricane" windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies