Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2022, 12:02 PM

17,403 posts, read 16,553,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
This dude is absolutely nuts. Sad for him and his victims that will never see any remorse from him. Lose lose situation and it's a shame he didn't get the help he so clearly needed before he ruined all of those people's lives.
I would love to know what the heck his mother was thinking when she loaned her clearly nutso son her car to drive. Even if he took the keys and left in the car without her permission why didn't she call the cops on him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 12:05 PM

17,403 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sirhan Sirhan is still in prison. Governor Newson said no to his pardon request.
If Sirhan Sirhan had assassinated a Republican, Newsom would have freed him because that's the type of guy that Newsom is.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:25 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,192,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's political because Biden and others have turned other mass killings ...
No, you are extrapolating a political comparison. This incident ain't political except in the minds of some who seek to make political points with whataboutism.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I don't believe this is the type of trial the Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the Six Amendment. Not only is this trial clearly unconstitutional, but it violates the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights which requires that a defendant shall be entitled to be tried in his presence and to be able to defend himself in person (which he is not being allowed to do) or through legal assistance of his own choosing or assigned to him (which is also not happening).
I think that English common law and the M'Naghten rule may apply.

Old 10-06-2022, 04:04 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The Six Amendment guarantees the right to have the "assistance of counsel for his defence". If he is defending himself, he will have no assistance.
By choice.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that because he chose to represent himself, his rights have been violated? Is that your point?

"I decided not to buy a gun so my 2A rights have been violated" makes just as much sense.

Old 10-06-2022, 04:11 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
his incident ain't political except in the minds of some who seek to make political points with whataboutism.
Not political? Ok - how would you classify it, then? Looks like terrorism to me, which is overtly political.

Old 10-06-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Not political? Ok - how would you classify it, then? Looks like terrorism to me, which is overtly political.
It was the act of someone whose mental health is questionable. The guy sounds paranoid to me and possibly has psychotic episodes.

Old 10-06-2022, 06:56 PM

13,001 posts, read 9,526,789 times
He's obviously crazy as a loon or he wouldn't have driven through the parade crowd. I suspect his actions in court now are pretty much staged to convince the judge and everybody else that he's legally insane and might avoid prison. Wouldn't be surprised if his lawyer is in on the act.

Old 10-06-2022, 06:59 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
He's obviously crazy as a loon or he wouldn't have driven through the parade crowd. I suspect his actions in court now are pretty much staged to convince the judge and everybody else that he's legally insane and might avoid prison. Wouldn't be surprised if his lawyer is in on the act.
He's likely a terrorist who might have mental health problems.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:25 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
No, you are extrapolating a political comparison. This incident ain't political except in the minds of some who seek to make political points with whataboutism.
a black supremacist mows down a Christmas parade crowd, killing 6 and wounding at least 50 more, and manni protests it's not political or even controversial
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies