Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2022, 04:15 PM

30,262 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

She's not an idiot. She's doing everything she can to prevent this pos from trying to declare a mistrial.

He's giving his closing argument right now, and he's so repulsive, I want to go to prison as a male just so I can beat the crap out of him.

​All the way to the end, he pretends he's the victim. He hit a kid so hard, the kid was internally decapitated, but he's up there crying about how people are 'painting' him wrongly. He's actually crying fake tears.

I cannot wait to hear what the judge says during his sentencing phase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 05:07 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
The final jury instructions are being read.
That was the most bizarre day for DB.
He demanded and said he would bring up jury nullification..and he was true to his word. The verocity of this man. His disrespect is plentiful.
The fact that it was the DA that acquiesce to him was the part I was miffed upon.
They actually graced him with .. let him speak judge. We can object and you can decide . Three seconds into his closing... Out came the warning statement in which he defied.
Marveled at how he tried to squeeze in that it was his faulty brakes. That too was stricken.
Problem with this letting objections happen, doesnt unring the bell. He planted the seed . Then covered it in his manure.
The common ire though is folks just want him to accept fault. I veer and want him to be found guilty. Be found accountable. Be face to face with the reality of the heinous crime he committed. Be able to serve his time.
We will see how the jury convenes on these charges. I agree with one thing stated by DB. They do have the duty ,and his life is in their hands. May they follow the law and the evidence. That's the roadmap to a conviction.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:45 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,521,835 times
Default The Waukesha murderer

Just watch a clip of the guy, I think his name is Brooks, in the courtroom in Wisconsin. How is this guy able to get away with all his crap? He should be thrown in jail and never let out. To my way of thinking, he's forfeited is right to a trial. And we know he's guilty of running through the parade and killing 6 people.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:49 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Just watch a clip of the guy, I think his name is Brooks, in the courtroom in Wisconsin. How is this guy able to get away with all his crap? He should be thrown in jail and never let out. To my way of thinking, he's forfeited is right to a trial. And we know he's guilty of running through the parade and killing 6 people.
He has a right to a trial like all citizens. For some reason he is defending himself though and it is turning the courtroom into a circus.

He is flailing around trying to cause a mistrial and I'm like,..bro,...there is no reasonable doubt you did what you did,..you ran over a bunch of people and killed them. No amount of soft spoken banter is gonna get you outta this. You're done.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:02 PM

8,243 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
He has a right to a trial like all citizens. For some reason he is defending himself though and it is turning the courtroom into a circus.

He is flailing around trying to cause a mistrial and I'm like,..bro,...there is no reasonable doubt you did what you did,..you ran over a bunch of people and killed them. No amount of soft spoken banter is gonna get you outta this. You're done.
Not all citizens are allowed to have a trial.

Lots of people are going to be glad when this trial is over.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:02 PM

1,746 posts, read 880,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post

"The person who represents themself has a fool for a client."

I hope he gets life with no parole.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:13 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Well, according to the Constitution, even a murderer has a right to a trail. Your opinion does not count in this case. Yes, he's a monster. Yes, he needs to be locked away forever. However, he still has a right to a trail. This is guaranteed by the Constitution, whether you like it or not. Sixth Amendment.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:23 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times
He is making a mockery of due process, but he's guaranteed due process.

The victim impact statements will be painful to hear, but that's one thing about the way trials are held in this country.

Brooks will spend the rest of his life in prison. He supposedly got into a fight with his then girlfriend before getting into the vehicle and murdering/injuring those people. All he had to do was go home or to simply sit and wait until he calmed down.

Why he did this, we'll never know, but what a stupendously foolish thing to do.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:42 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
The jury is deliberating. They have been asking to watch videos again. Which means that at least one of the jurors is not convinced. Just one juror is enough to prevent a conviction. Theoretically he could be found not guilty, or the trial could result in a hung jury. I'm not predicting that will happen, just saying it's possible.

I think the prosecutors missed one important point. Brooks brought up a possible recall on the vehicle in his closing argument, which the prosecutors never responded to. I think the prosecutors should have at least briefly mentioned on rebuttal that the state investigator had testified that there was no recall on the vehicle and no mechanical issues that would have prevented the vehicle from stopping. But maybe they couldn't do that, because the judge told the jury to disregard Brooks statement. But still that could put some thoughts in the juror's minds that maybe there was some kind of vehicle defect, that they didn't hear about.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:47 PM

8,243 posts, read 3,499,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The jury is deliberating. They have been asking to watch videos again. Which means that at least one of the jurors is not convinced. Just one juror is enough to prevent a conviction. Theoretically he could be found not guilty, or the trial could result in a hung jury. I'm not predicting that will happen, just saying it's possible.

I think the prosecutors missed one important point. Brooks brought up a possible recall on the vehicle in his closing argument, which the prosecutors never responded to. I think the prosecutors should have at least briefly mentioned on rebuttal that the state investigator had testified that there was no recall on the vehicle and no mechanical issues that would have prevented the vehicle from stopping. But maybe they couldn't do that, because the judge told the jury to disregard Brooks statement. But still that could put some thoughts in the juror's minds that maybe there was some kind of vehicle defect, that they didn't hear about.
It was pretty obvious that he did it on purpose. He even turned to maximize the number of people he hit at one point. If he walks he will hurt someone else. He has been a criminal since childhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies