Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2022, 09:15 AM

30,265 posts, read 23,751,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He's going to rot in prison and deservedly so.
During a press conference, the DA mentioned 800 something years plus multiple life sentences.

This guy thinks he's hard. Wait until prison, Brooks. There are many harder than he imagines himself. He's been in jail this whole time. That's nothing like prison. He's not going to be able to control his anger in prison, and someone will jack him up for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 09:46 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Well, there is a question as to whether or not he is truly a sovcit or just simply used that strategy. Anecdotally, I've observed that most sovcits are sovcits only in the sense that they wish to partake in some of the more personally advantageous aspects (like not registering your vehicle, no DL, ignoring certain laws) but they don't truly believe in the general notion.
Oh if you watch the videos most of them do truly believe it. Sovereign citizen beliefs should be an automatic disqualification for representing yourself in court. Sovereign immunity is the defence of choice for people with an IQ below 95, who can't come up with a real defence.

Old 10-27-2022, 09:53 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
During a press conference, the DA mentioned 800 something years plus multiple life sentences.

This guy thinks he's hard. Wait until prison, Brooks. There are many harder than he imagines himself. He's been in jail this whole time. That's nothing like prison. He's not going to be able to control his anger in prison, and someone will jack him up for it.
He'll get killed just because he killed children.

Old 10-27-2022, 09:58 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Couple things. I wonder if they can find out who posted the reddit post? Couldn't law enforcement obtain reddit account info? There is probably something in the reddit terms about posting rules that were violated by that post.
Yes, and yes, if they wanted to. But I don't know what they would do with the information if they got it. Telling lies on the internet is not generally illegal or even a TOS violation, except for defamation or something.

Old 10-27-2022, 09:59 AM

35,080 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Very glad the POS was found guilty. His days of making a mockery of the trial are about over.
At least he showed concern for human life by wearing a Covid mask.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:14 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
These type of people don't consider the punishment when they are doing their crimes. You are using normal logic that you and I would use.

Criminals, especially the worst are not using normal logic to consider the consequences of their actions. A mass murderer does not care about his punishment. They are not thinking that far ahead.

The desire to kill for Ted Bundy was far more powerful than the punishment.

Criminals are only sorry after they are caught.
This is the thing. We need to get the murder rate down. It's not just these psycho serial killers we have to worry about. It's everyday gang violence. It's individuals who have a "shoot first and ask questions later" attitude. Individuals who kill other people in the heat of arguments.

Punishment is easy. Prevention is not. A person should be thinking "is this worth going to prison or getting the death penalty for?". A person needs to be afraid of going to prison or getting the death penalty. A person should think "it's not worth my freedom or my life to kill someone over my anger at them" or "it's not worth life in prison or the death penalty to kill someone because I want their new sneakers and can't afford them".

We've proven we can punish. However, if we have alot of people within society who don't care what the consequences are, what then?

Old 10-27-2022, 12:14 PM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I thought that Kyle Rittenhouse's nickname.
Why would that be ? Big difference between what KR did and what this person did. I'm sure you know that though.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know. The states with the death penalty already have the highest murder rates.
And so ?

Old 10-27-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Just watch a clip of the guy, I think his name is Brooks, in the courtroom in Wisconsin. How is this guy able to get away with all his crap? He should be thrown in jail and never let out. To my way of thinking, he's forfeited is right to a trial. And we know he's guilty of running through the parade and killing 6 people.
Been watching clips this afternoon. I can't believe he was allowed to behave like that, in the courtroom. It's was almost like an SNL skit.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:22 PM

29,830 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Been watching clips this afternoon. I can't believe he was allowed to behave like that, in the courtroom. It's was almost like an SNL skit.

Better to allow him to carry that attitude all the way to prison, where it will be adjusted or even exterminated for him. Darrell Brooks said the last year was so hard. He has no idea... Or maybe he does and he's just putting up a front of ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies