Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2022, 11:06 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
It was pretty obvious that he did it on purpose. He even turned to maximize the number of people he hit at one point. If he walks he will hurt someone else. He has been a criminal since childhood.
He did it on purpose no doubt, but if he was trying to maximize the number of people hit, why would he do that only at one point? If he was trying to maximize the number of people hit he could have started hitting people right at the beginning of the parade route, and there would have been double or triple the number of casualties and fatalities.

From the first time I saw the videos I never believed that he was trying to maximize the number of people hit. But he was going to get through and anybody who didn't get out of his way was going to get run over. He is a very messed up individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 11:18 PM

8,206 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
He did it on purpose no doubt, but if he was trying to maximize the number of people hit, why would he do that only at one point? If he was trying to maximize the number of people hit he could have started hitting people right at the beginning of the parade route, and there would have been double or triple the number of casualties and fatalities.

From the first time I saw the videos I never believed that he was trying to maximize the number of people hit. But he was going to get through and anybody who didn't get out of his way was going to get run over. He is a very messed up individual.
It was in the witness statements. He had an opportunity at one point to go one way to stop and chose to turn into more people.

Old 10-26-2022, 04:17 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
The jury is deliberating. They have been asking to watch videos again. Which means that at least one of the jurors is not convinced. Just one juror is enough to prevent a conviction. Theoretically he could be found not guilty, or the trial could result in a hung jury. I'm not predicting that will happen, just saying it's possible.

I think the prosecutors missed one important point. Brooks brought up a possible recall on the vehicle in his closing argument, which the prosecutors never responded to. I think the prosecutors should have at least briefly mentioned on rebuttal that the state investigator had testified that there was no recall on the vehicle and no mechanical issues that would have prevented the vehicle from stopping. But maybe they couldn't do that, because the judge told the jury to disregard Brooks statement. But still that could put some thoughts in the juror's minds that maybe there was some kind of vehicle defect, that they didn't hear about.
The entire portion concerning the Fords Faulty parts/& Recall were stricken from the record. The prosecution couldn't bring it up either- it flows both ways .

If you know anything about recalls- its year/make/model , VIN# and Plant in which it was assembled.
He had not proven earlier in his submission ( or request to submit) that :
A: that the specific vehicle that he used was actually recalled- That could have been easily gotten from the Ford Recall site by plugging in the VIN#.
I specifically remember when Nissan had recalls on a model and year I was driving. Upon further inquiry- Mine came from a different plant- Was done late in the year ( fall ) and had not been listed for recall despite it being the same year and model as the ones being sited. DETAILS Matter .

B: The SUV operated just fine in braking when the Prosecutor showed him traveling after leaving the first altercation with Erika and her friends.
C: That the SUV may well had been serviced for that recall- He did not research that either.
With such variables I can understand the stretch he was taking in trying to remit into evidence. particularly since the Testimony By the Inspector refuted much of his speculation.
EVIDENCE is not speculation- it must be affirmed.

On another matter- The Judge was given information during deliberation concerning a Post that was placed on Reddit- The Person posting identified themselves as a Juror on this specific trial. Then went on to give their opinion of how the judge was handling the rulings . That particular information came to the Judges attention by means of the Court Reporter thru Email to the court. The Judge ruled that it must be handed over to the police for investigation. She was following the courts duty to report. Beyond that she was making both sides aware of this "potential" concern. Supposedly later on after this aired to the Media, that particular "poster" on reddit retracted the information as a "joke". While it for a moment gave DB a dash of hope for a mistrial, It also gave the courts due diligence to immediately rule on how to conduct this matter and send onward to the authorities. My viewer opinion , simply based on HOW sly DB was on his questions about this Reddit posting made me wonder if he didn't have an outside source pulling this stunt. He is not very good at pretending to play dumb, his questions were a bit tooo much of planting the seed and Gosh jeepers sure hope you don't think I had anything to do with this! (me thinks he did protest to much). Clearly I wouldn't make a good juror on this case as my impartialness is not there in this circumstance.

Unsure on the Erika photo, without knowing the full range of when that photo was taken in relations to the assault itself. Clearly she had injuries though . Its just hard to given credibility that it was HIM or if she had them from her previous day ( nov 20) when she also met up with him. The fact that she herself defied her own Protection Order...of not being near him. Kinda shines a bad light on her. Truly not victim blaming ....Questioning her sense of reasoning as to: Getting a Protection order and then still meeting up with him. As an adult that was no longer under his thumb so to speak - she had choices.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:40 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
So today we learn that some idiot on Reddit has tried to help cause a mistrial by claiming to be one of the jurors.

Rather than explain it all, here's the mess:

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/stat...61250433945600

Feel free to go through comments, as well. There is more info among the guesses/suggestions of 'who did it'.

Judge immediately contacted law enforcement, and it's now being investigated. When that was known, the Reddit poster came back to say that it was a prank. The entire sub-reddit, "Justice4Darrell' (gmafb) has been deleted since then. (Yes, that actually existed: https://web.archive.org/web/20221026...stice4Darrell/ )

He's not getting his desired mistrial no matter how hard he, or anyone else, tries to get it.

Dragging this out isn't going to reduce his sentence.

As for him being a SovCit, moments before he was arrested, he was telling the kind homeowner who brought him in from the cold that he "left his ID inside"...his government ID - but we're supposed to believe he's been a SovCit the whole time.

More digging: Found the archive to the post and the comments. Turns out that the moderator who 'verified' that the poster was an actual member of the jury, is also biased against the courts and for Darrell Brooks because he, and that entire sub reddit actually believed that Brooks was being treated like a criminal just because he was black. Nevermind the actual footage of him driving the red SUV, it's only because he's black.

The good news is, even on very liberal Reddit, enough people have sense to call out the 3 day old 'moderator' and the fake jury member for being hypocrites about 'justice' and 'integrity'.

https://archive.ph/3j6vT

Now you have a full understanding of what took place on Reddit, and why the judge contacted law enforcement right away. Good thing someone found this before deliberations were over, not after.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 10-26-2022 at 09:11 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 09:59 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
lots of guilty verdicts coming down live

https://www.wisn.com/article/darrell...ions/41776709#

Old 10-26-2022, 10:01 AM

955 posts, read 744,247 times
Found GUILTY

Old 10-26-2022, 10:18 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
The entire portion concerning the Fords Faulty parts/& Recall were stricken from the record. The prosecution couldn't bring it up either- it flows both ways .

If you know anything about recalls- its year/make/model , VIN# and Plant in which it was assembled.
He had not proven earlier in his submission ( or request to submit) that :
A: that the specific vehicle that he used was actually recalled- That could have been easily gotten from the Ford Recall site by plugging in the VIN#.
I specifically remember when Nissan had recalls on a model and year I was driving. Upon further inquiry- Mine came from a different plant- Was done late in the year ( fall ) and had not been listed for recall despite it being the same year and model as the ones being sited. DETAILS Matter .

B: The SUV operated just fine in braking when the Prosecutor showed him traveling after leaving the first altercation with Erika and her friends.
C: That the SUV may well had been serviced for that recall- He did not research that either.
With such variables I can understand the stretch he was taking in trying to remit into evidence. particularly since the Testimony By the Inspector refuted much of his speculation.
EVIDENCE is not speculation- it must be affirmed.

On another matter- The Judge was given information during deliberation concerning a Post that was placed on Reddit- The Person posting identified themselves as a Juror on this specific trial. Then went on to give their opinion of how the judge was handling the rulings . That particular information came to the Judges attention by means of the Court Reporter thru Email to the court. The Judge ruled that it must be handed over to the police for investigation. She was following the courts duty to report. Beyond that she was making both sides aware of this "potential" concern. Supposedly later on after this aired to the Media, that particular "poster" on reddit retracted the information as a "joke". While it for a moment gave DB a dash of hope for a mistrial, It also gave the courts due diligence to immediately rule on how to conduct this matter and send onward to the authorities. My viewer opinion , simply based on HOW sly DB was on his questions about this Reddit posting made me wonder if he didn't have an outside source pulling this stunt. He is not very good at pretending to play dumb, his questions were a bit tooo much of planting the seed and Gosh jeepers sure hope you don't think I had anything to do with this! (me thinks he did protest to much). Clearly I wouldn't make a good juror on this case as my impartialness is not there in this circumstance.

Unsure on the Erika photo, without knowing the full range of when that photo was taken in relations to the assault itself. Clearly she had injuries though . Its just hard to given credibility that it was HIM or if she had them from her previous day ( nov 20) when she also met up with him. The fact that she herself defied her own Protection Order...of not being near him. Kinda shines a bad light on her. Truly not victim blaming ....Questioning her sense of reasoning as to: Getting a Protection order and then still meeting up with him. As an adult that was no longer under his thumb so to speak - she had choices.
Thanks for the explanation about the recall being stricken from the record. I thought that might be the reason the prosecution didn't respond to it. In that case I think it might have been better for the prosecution to just not object to his statement, and then rebut it by pointing out that the state crime lab investigator who inspected the vehicle testified that there was no recall for the vehicle.

Now the jury will be thinking, wait there is a recall we are not being told about?

Old 10-26-2022, 10:30 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Found GUILTY
That huge smile on the judge's face when the jury came in with a verdict said a lot. It's almost over, she's almost done having to deal with this grown man acting like a 3 year old child. That was a very happy and relief smile on her face.

Sentence him immediately!

Old 10-26-2022, 11:24 AM

8,206 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Glad that's over. Now they need to give him life with no parole.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:48 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Thank you three wolves for the previous links in reference to the reddit thread and it's participant posts. Eye opener .

My Inspector Clouseau mind still knows something smells fishy in Denmark. This mornings tactic of his well ( sorta kinda... Aww shucks judge might as well say it. I call for consideration of a mistrial). Orchestrated manuever to ramp up the reddit concern.
Will he place that as subject on appeal?.
Most likely..
He is thin on legal standing but plentiful on supposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies