Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2022, 12:28 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,472,584 times

Advertisements

This trial. This defendent.
This system.

I say that with little faith.
It boggles my mind. That this trial, allowed this defendant to be treated with the utmost kid gloves. Pausing the trial to explain every little detail on why something was ruled on.
People who pound the table yelling : innocent until proven otherwise, needs to seriously stop that b.s.
The guy was the driver. The guy plowed thru the crowd.
And I am to rally for his coming to court with ' he's innocent' label .
What nonsense!
I can see it if a person such as the central park five who were framed and judged before the trial without so much as an ounce of factual evidence..
But my gawd , the guy was ID'd, the SUV had all.the blood and skin from his victims. But we are to say, he is innocent up and until the jurors convene to deliberate. I just don't get it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 12:43 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, he'll definitely get his wig split. He'll get it from some Neo-Nazi gang member because he killed White children. He'll get it from the rest of the prison population for being a child killer.

Wisconsin has the highest Black incarceration rate of any state. The chances of him getting a Black cell mate are high. In prison, if a prisoner gets a cell mate who did something like kill or rape a child, he is required by jailhouse law to beat/maim said child killer. Brooks might get killed by another Black prisoner before a Neo-Nazi gets him.
That would be for the best-then no one can claim "racism". Sad that we have to count on prisoners delivering the justice our "justice system" won't. At least this one is getting locked up.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:54 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,942,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
This system.

It boggles my mind. That this trial, allowed this defendant to be treated with the utmost kid gloves. Pausing the trial to explain every little detail on why something was ruled on.
People who pound the table yelling : innocent until proven otherwise, needs to seriously stop that b.s.
What nonsense!
I can see it if a person such as the central park five who were framed and judged before the trial without so much as an ounce of factual evidence..
But my gawd , the guy was ID'd, the SUV had all.the blood and skin from his victims. But we are to say, he is innocent up and until the jurors convene to deliberate. I just don't get it..

Yes, even Satan himself deserves a fair trial if he commits a crime in the USA. We expose criminals for what they are based on their actions, using the evidence of the crimes committed, and then give the power to a fair minded unbiased jury to decide his/her fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That would be for the best-then no one can claim "racism". Sad that we have to count on prisoners delivering the justice our "justice system" won't. At least this one is getting locked up.

I agree that it is sad there is no death penalty there. Maybe this case will motivate residents to demand the death penalty be reinstated there.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:00 PM

8,252 posts, read 3,507,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yes, even Satan himself deserves a fair trial if he commits a crime in the USA. We expose criminals for what they are based on their actions, using the evidence of the crimes committed, and then give the power to a fair minded unbiased jury to decide his/her fate.
Not everyone gets a trial when they are accused of something.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:06 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And so ?
And?? The death penalty should serve as a deterrent. It should be that any potential killer would be scared of life in prison or the death penalty. The death penalty is a punishment, but it doesn't seem to scare most killers.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:13 PM

8,252 posts, read 3,507,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Couple things. I wonder if they can find out who posted the reddit post? Couldn't law enforcement obtain reddit account info? There is probably something in the reddit terms about posting rules that were violated by that post.

The judge was amazing. He got under her skin many times but she remained cool as possible. When he kept asking same things again and again she could have said "I've already ruled on that". That's all she had to do. When he got loud and upset she didn't immediately remove him, but let him yell. That was deliberate so that it couldn't be said he couldn't speak. It's when he 1. interrupts , or 2. doesn't answer a question, is she would she make a court ruling or waiver something he could have done.
It is being investigated by law enforcement.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:15 PM

29,546 posts, read 14,693,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And?? The death penalty should serve as a deterrent. It should be that any potential killer would be scared of life in prison or the death penalty. The death penalty is a punishment, but it doesn't seem to scare most killers.
Should is the key word. It isn't though. Either way, if we eliminate these criminals, we don't have to pay to house and feed them for life.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:15 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I knew Darrell Brooks was going to get life in prison. Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty. Actually, Wisconsin as a state has one of the lower murder rates in the country. It's just Milwaukee that has a big problem.

And Darrell Brooks drove from Milwaukee to Waukesha to commit said murders. He committed this murder in Waukesha. 87% White, very Republican area. And children were among the dead too.

The thing is, hurting children isn't looked upon kindly. This is why Subway pedophile Jared Fogle was beaten severely in prison. This is why R. Kelly was attacked in jail while awaiting trial.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:22 PM

13,982 posts, read 5,641,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
This system.

What nonsense!
You should take comfort in how he was treated. Your justice system is measured by how fairly and properly it treats even the worst, most reprehensible scumbags. If that assclown can get a fair trial and every last bit of due process from our judicial system, then there's a glimmer of hope that either you or I could too.

How well you treat the worst among you is what defines your virtue and fairness.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:29 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,133,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
He has a right to a trial like all citizens. For some reason he is defending himself though and it is turning the courtroom into a circus.

He is flailing around trying to cause a mistrial and I'm like,..bro,...there is no reasonable doubt you did what you did,..you ran over a bunch of people and killed them. No amount of soft spoken banter is gonna get you outta this. You're done.
Because Hollywood has instilled in most American's that Perry Mason & Iron Side could have got him off the hook by way of word games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies