Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 11:14 AM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Because the same media blamed a much larger narrative of "white supremacy" for the Rittenhouse killings.

He wasn't just acting like a punk, he acted out on perceived oppression that is continually fueled by the media.
I don't think the "liberal media" would have been all that necessary for that criminal to have that much hatred. He likely grew up with no father in the home. He grew up in Milwaukee, one of the most segregated cities in America. He likely lived in the ghetto. He also likely had people around him influencing his hateful attitudes toward White people (and likely other non-Black groups as well). He quotes Malcolm X. He comes from an environment of hopelessness, hate, and rage. Even if you cut him off from the media, he'd have plenty of people telling him "non-Black people are horrible and hate Blacks". He would be reading stuff that Malcolm X wrote. Many people who grow up in ghetto areas often feel oppressed because of their conditions, circumstances, and very often, what they learn from people around them. In many cases, it's not even mainstream media, it's some fringe types. It's a litany of problems that simply changing the media won't solve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 11:15 AM

13,856 posts, read 8,066,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
What police department? I find it impossible that they would not have already determined if that were the case. I call BS.
I tend to agree. This was reported just a few hours ago:

Investigators were questioning him about an earlier crime, which one of the officials described as an argument involving a knife. The official cautioned the investigation was still in the early stages.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...929_story.html

If Brooks had been fleeing the police... than he was fleeing the police. No reason not to make this fact public but my guess is that's not what happened.

The problem for the MSM and this is a big one...Brooks isn't dead. And likely going to talk about why he did what he did.

Which is why the MSM is no doubt desperately searching for any hint of "mental issues" in his background

Old 11-22-2021, 11:15 AM

19,700 posts, read 12,275,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I have not seen one person blaming the police if indeed they were chasing him. You're making stuff up
Not making it up,- speculating - police have been blamed in the past for chases that ended in crashes. Some places they are told not to pursue. In this case they would be a good scapegoat.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:16 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,256,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The police chief clearly said last night that they were looking into whether or not there had been a police chase. It is certinly possible and we'll know one way or the other sooner or later.

How is "looking into" evidence that something was the case? I simply asked if the statement was based on any known facts.

39,884 posts, read 26,562,438 times
Sad to see the violence and brutality that the people of Wisconsin have to deal with. Between thugs like Jacob Blake assaulting women, a mobs that burn, loot and murder in major cities, and now savages like this slaughtering innocent people at a Christmas parade, the decent people of Wisconsin are suffering. Now-what are the going to do about it?

52,700 posts, read 34,630,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hm. Wonder if she was drunk.
i doubt it. she doubled down this morning not long before resigning.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:17 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,256,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
He had at least 6 opportunities to turn off that route, too. It was no accident. This was intentional.

Driving into a crowd of people is not the best way to "escape". The SUV was so damaged it was almost to the point of undriveable. Turning off onto an empty side road would have been the logical move if one were trying to escape.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:18 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i doubt it. she doubled down this morning not long before resigning.
The last text I saw was in the wee hours - 1 a.m. or something. Was there one after that?

Old 11-22-2021, 11:18 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,547,112 times
Quote:
The person of interest being held in connection with the Wisconsin Christmas parade rampage that left five people dead and dozens injured may have been involved in an earlier incident involving a knife.

Senior law enforcement officials told NBC News that the person, who may have a significant criminal history, was fleeing the earlier incident right when he plowed through the parade in Waukesha about 4:40 p.m. local time.
Person held in Wisconsin rampage may have been fleeing knife incident

Old 11-22-2021, 11:19 AM

4,567 posts, read 2,288,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Driving into a crowd of people is not the best way to "escape". The SUV was so damaged it was almost to the point of undriveable. Turning off onto an empty side road would have been the logical move if one were trying to escape.

Stop it. You're trying to use logic on people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies