Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 11:31 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Whether or not he had advance knowledge of the parade is irrelevant.

The diagrams of the crime scene reveal multiple turnoffs that he could have taken to avoid the people in the parade.

Striking these people was clearly an intentional act.
Once he was in the parade, I'm not so sure it would be so easy to just make a turn down a different street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 11:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Once he was in the parade, I'm not so sure it would be so easy to just make a turn down a different street.
Do we know what kind of barriers he crashed? Were they saw horse type or orange cone/barrel traffic barriers? Or did he actually crash into and push police cruisers out of his way?

In any case, I agree once he made contact with the crowd I don't think it would have been that easy to turn around.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
A court-appointed attorney will guide him to say it was an accident and he HAS gotten off the hook repeatedly for a lifetime of crime.
An accident isn't going to get him off for this; even if it was initially an accident it was caused by his reckless driving AND he kept going injuring/killing people as well as fled the scene.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Stupid yes but I'm sure he's been driving for years. Plowing through a crowd in an effort to evade the police simply doesn't make sense. The police weren't chasing him. He could have easily turn the car around and gone in another direction.
At that point, the police were shooting at him lol.

Maybe he panicked.

You are projecting rational thought on him. He's just left what sounds like a domestic violence incident. Men in that mode are usually enraged and irrational.

And again he may have believed the police were or would soon be chasing him. He knew whatever he had done could get him in trouble.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:55 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Do we know what kind of barriers he crashed? Were they saw horse type or orange cone/barrel traffic barriers? Or did he actually crash into and push police cruisers out of his way?
The only thing I can find is this quote from Police Chief Thompson
Quote:
Brooks "intentionally drove his maroon SUV through barricades and into a crowd of people" at 4:39 p.m. Sunday, Thompson said.

5 dead, 40 injured after SUV slams into Wisconsin Christmas parade
I've purposely not watched a lot of the videos f what happened, so I can't say what the actual barricades were made of

Old 11-23-2021, 12:16 AM

Quote:
The only thing I can find is this quote from Police Chief Thompson

I've purposely not watched a lot of the videos f what happened, so I can't say what the actual barricades were made of
Same here. I'm waiting until someone puts them all together so I don't have to watch it multiple times.

I was mainly wondering if the side streets were blocked by police cruisers because that's what my town does. Possibly, that kept him from turning onto one of the side streets.

Old 11-23-2021, 12:45 AM

13,749 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
At that point, the police were shooting at him lol.

Maybe he panicked.

You are projecting rational thought on him. He's just left what sounds like a domestic violence incident. Men in that mode are usually enraged and irrational.

And again he may have believed the police were or would soon be chasing him. He knew whatever he had done could get him in trouble.
But they wouldn't have had he turned around and went back the other way.

I'm sure he realized he was in big trouble and the police might be looking for him. Enraged/irrational no doubt but he's also a career criminal. So, if the idea was not to get caught... why the freak out? The police weren't chasing him. Why not turned around and go back the other way.

The police believe what he did was deliberate. So, the question then becomes... why?

You think he's stupid and/or angry enough to step on the gas to get through a parade. I suspect it was more than that.

I think he came upon the parade. And while in a rage decided then and there to plow into the crowd and kill people. Was he motivated by race? My guess is yes.

But none of this speculation matters because Brooks isn't dead.. and we'll know why soon enough.

Last edited by john3232; 11-23-2021 at 01:33 AM..

Old 11-23-2021, 01:20 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
It seems mighty logical if you think that maybe he didn't even know there was a parade until he come up on it
He didn't "come up on it." He was not being pursued and he drove past BARRIERS.

Drive past any barrier on the road, and you're at the mercy of whatever happens next. Parade, construction, ditch, ice, snow, etc. there's a reason you don't drive past the barrier.

Old 11-23-2021, 01:50 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
I glad the police weren't in pursuit of this guy. The media would be blaming the cops.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:45 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He didn't "come up on it." He was not being pursued and he drove past BARRIERS.

Drive past any barrier on the road, and you're at the mercy of whatever happens next. Parade, construction, ditch, ice, snow, etc. there's a reason you don't drive past the barrier.
He did it because he wanted to. He had run over someone before. The man is psycho and just wanted to kill some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies