Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 10:23 AM

38,026 posts, read 22,203,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Oh look, the media/DNC and those who regurgitate their propaganda here on C-D have been proven wrong yet again:

Link: https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021...parade-n431078

It's not that the left cannot and doesn't learn they are wrong, they just prefer to continue lying about the facts to push a narrative.
The news media was doing what they always do, spinning the news by making excuses and speculating on scenarios to form preconceived opinions in viewer's minds. They prejudge and try to exonerate the criminals, or offer excuses for viewers to feel sympathy for them. but when it comes to white people, the news media tries to tie them to Trump and republicans, or just call them white supremacists.

It's a two tier system that the news media uses when reporting the news.

1) Whites are assumed to be guilty racists, and attempts are made to tie them to Trump supporters

2) Non-whites are always assumed to be innocent, and attempts are made to turn them into harmless victims

Last edited by Wapasha; 11-23-2021 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 10:25 AM

291 posts, read 160,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Laws are irrelevant. The problem is lefty DAs won't prosecute. That's why grab-and-run mob mass looting is so popular now, too. Lefty DAs won't prosecute. Look at Kim Foxx in Chicago. She refuses to prosecute even those who commit violent felonies if they're Black. It's their sick and twisted form of "social justice."
Bingo. This guy has been arrested dozens of times. But, he was let out time and time again to terrorize society. Because of politics.

Pressure needs to mount on soft on crime progressive DAs.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:25 AM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
People are tired of the double standards from the mainstream propaganda media.

The mainstream media is BS.
I'm not talking about the media either. I'm talking about the PERSON who did this and the implications that come with it. I would go read posts I have made to get an idea of where I'm trying to go with this.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:29 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,652,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I feel like I'm one who is trying to take the nonpartisan route when it comes to this terrorist.
It's ...difficult...not to have some "partisanship" with an event like this in light of the venom being spit from the MSM on the Rittenhouse verdict. This event Has been seized upon by the more militant quarters of the social/racial justice groups as "payback" and thus the flames are fanned. There hasn't been any judgements from the outfits that immediately called Rittenhouse a White supremacist Hitler humper who went to Kenosha with the sole intent of shooting "peaceful protesters" about this vehicular vermin which does indeed look a tad odd.

The creeps motives have "not been established" and CNN along with all the other Democrat state media is content to just let it ride. It's a hugely partisan incident. The whole thing to me has an odor that can knock a buzzard off and outhouse and I'm really starting to feel like I'm sitting on a hurricane deck bareback with nothing but mane to hang on to. Folks are being left no choice but to come down on one side of the fence or the other. At least that's the option being put out by our wonderful state media.

I've never much cared for keeping company with people not in complete command of their faculties running on high test anger and hate. I have to admit I've felt that washing over me at times here lately and that's forced me to step outside and look in some. I know people that are fond of running off at the mouth about an imminent fight blathering about "civil war" and all sorts of stuff straight out of a movie but they can't answer me when I ask where the lines are drawn up.

I'm awaiting with high interest to hear about this vehicle killers motives. It's easy to jump straight to the absolute worst the way things are at the moment. The country has become a very dangerous place. I feel every day when I walk out my door. I don't like it one bit but that's the way it is. Right now I'm just looking to my own.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:30 AM

6,270 posts, read 3,427,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The news media was doing what they always do, spinning the news by making excuses and speculating on scenarios to form preconceived opinions in viewer's minds. The prejudge and try to exonerate the criminals, or offer excuses for viewers to feel sympathy for them. but when it comes to white people, the news media tries to tie them to Trump and republicans, or just call them white supremacists.

It's a two tier system that the news media uses when reporting the news.

1) Whites are assumed to be guilty racists, and attempts are made to tie them to Trump supporters

2) Non-whites are always assumed to be innocent, and attempts are made to turn them into harmless victims
Quote:
Another self defense case, Andrew Coffee found not guilty
I wonder why CNN and/or didn't cover this case like they did the Rittenhouse trial....wait Coffee was black and didn't fit their racist agenda. I state the obvious....
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/1...empted-murder/

Old 11-23-2021, 10:34 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,190,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
Bingo. This guy has been arrested dozens of times. But, he was let out time and time again to terrorize society. Because of politics.

Pressure needs to mount on soft on crime progressive DAs.
Actually, it seems like there were procedural errors in the handling of some of his cases. Police also didn’t supposedly did not respond to the DV call because they were at the parade. This is person who had run over his child’s mother with the same SUV weeks earlier and had a long rap sheet. Ridiculous.

But I agree with you on all of this soft on crime nonsense.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Oh look, the media/DNC and those who regurgitate their propaganda here on C-D have been proven wrong yet again:

Link: https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021...parade-n431078

It's not that the left cannot and doesn't learn they are wrong, they just prefer to continue lying about the facts to push a narrative.
This is what the news media does, they listen for rumors that might exonerate their victim groups, and then report on the rumor. As reporting on rumors is legitimate news coverage. The people who only read headlines see the police chase rumor, and assume the entire slaughter was a tragic accident. Then they move on repeating the false rumors.

The news media engages in the exact same thing with republicans, conservatives, and anyone they view as being on "the right." They will also run stories on rumors, but they'll choose the rumors which seek to malign, defame and incriminate. you know, like reporting the Trump-Russia collusion rumors for three years. Or spend a year repeating the "Rittenhouse crossed state lines with his assault rifle" lie.

It's a two tier news media system. stoke hate, and assume guilt for "the right" and offer excuses and victimhood for their protected groups on the left.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:35 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,253,787 times
Why don't we know more about this alleged "knife incident"? Who were the other parties? Where did it take place? Who had the knife or knives? Was anyone hurt? Some sources claim it was a knife fight at a nearby park. Hard to imagine a knife fight without someone getting cut. And if no one got hurt, hard to imagine a career criminal fleeing in a panic.

It feels like the media wants to explain away the parade killings with a vague reference to a knife incident without actually knowing anything about the knife incident.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Has CNN figured out the motive yet? Faulty traffic lights? He swerved because a puppy was in the road?

This one's as hard to figure out as a guy running into a room screaming ALLAH AHKBAR before hacking a few heads off.

"Motive still unclear at this hour."
Maybe he was just following Google maps to donate blood to the Red Cross?

Old 11-23-2021, 10:37 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,190,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I wonder why CNN and/or didn't cover this case like they did the Rittenhouse trial....wait Coffee was black and didn't fit their racist agenda. I state the obvious....
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/1...empted-murder/
The person who died wasn’t important enough and perhaps her family was private.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies