Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 08:56 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Because the same media blamed a much larger narrative of "white supremacy" for the Rittenhouse killings.

He wasn't just acting like a punk, he acted out on perceived oppression that is continually fueled by the media.
Why continue to give it a voice? Why perpetuate the rage and hate, over what might be an accident caused by a man who was behaving extremely recklessly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
His punishment should be tying him to a railroad track and let a long freight train run over him.

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Excellent question.

We are addicted to rage.
We certainly are, but i hope you are applying that across all sides of the political spectrum in the US. Darrell Brooks was motivated by rage against "the system" that he views as white supremacist because he can't get away with "hoeing" 16 year olds. That's the system that is trying to keep him down.

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I fail to understand why posters want to place blame on the MSM, social media or even President Biden as I read earlier. Why can't we just accept the fact that this guy is a POS, a criminal with a long record who acted like the punk that he is and stop trying to blame others for his behavior?
When you have a person like this who lacks morality, education, compassion, etc., and who may be mentally ill, and is clearly violent...the message from the media and the politicians like Biden that black people are victims and the US is systemically racist and white people are to blame, adds proverbial fuel to the fire.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:57 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,960 times
The MSM is directly to blame for a terrorist attack on the US

Old 11-22-2021, 08:57 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Why continue to give it a voice? Why perpetuate the rage and hate, over what might be an accident caused by a man who was behaving extremely recklessly?
You can't possibly believe that after seeing the videos of him intentionally running people over and the guys social media posts and rap lyrics.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:58 AM

14,495 posts, read 12,134,812 times
Quote:
I fail to understand why posters want to place blame on the MSM, social media or even President Biden as I read earlier. Why can't we just accept the fact that this guy is a POS, a criminal with a long record who acted like the punk that he is and stop trying to blame others for his behavior?

I do blame the MSM for stoking the fires of division. And I think it's important to point it out right now when people are likely to see it. There are lots of people encouraging divisive thinking for their own gain. We need to stop listening and acting on it.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:58 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
I agree. Everyone parroting racist intent here is doing EXACTLY what evil forces want you to be doing: making it all about race.

We don’t know why this guy did what he did. Smart people might speculate but they certainly don’t proclaim to know details that have not yet been released.

Be smarter, people. Curb your emotions and let details come out.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:59 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times
Quote:
No one who is sufficiently informed will disagree that the murderer is a bad person who is also a career criminal and who made a terrible decision yesterday.

The outrage stems from the very standards and statements chosen by people such as Joe Biden, mainstream media outlets, sports personalities, and myriad individuals who have used terms like "white supremacist" and "terrorist" to define people whom they considered to be criminals - this while the facts had not yet been reported or after the facts made it clear there was much more nuance which kneejerk employment of epithets inevitably ignored.

Stemming from Hillary Clinton claiming that millions of Americans comprised a "basket of deplorables," much of the left - whether it's aggressive leftists like BLM, Antifa, the "Squad" politicians, or whether it's otherwise normal and wholesome Americans who simply vote Democrat - the wholesale demonization of large swaths of the U.S. population for political gain isn't new. This continued during the Trump presidency, with his supporters being tagged as racists who even lost jobs for publicizing their support of Trump.

When the left's pundits, many of whom for days starting Friday began to accuse Kyle Rittenhouse, his supporters, and the system of "white supremacy" and getting away with/aiding and abetting murder, all without facts on their side, one cannot expect those who have been on the receiving end of such mendacious libel not to react somewhat.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:59 AM

30,268 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
You weren't this forgiving last night when you claimed 'that's him' to a photoshopped pic of a white guy.

What changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies