Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 09:01 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
When you have a person like this who lacks morality, education, compassion, etc., and who may be mentally ill, and is clearly violent...the message from the media and the politicians like Biden that black people are victims and the US is systemically racist and white people are to blame, adds proverbial fuel to the fire.
Exactly. Now, constant exposure to right wing media does the same thing to people as the outrage quotient magnifies. For instance, my local schoolboard meetings taken over by anti-CRT people fighting a battle they've heard about on social media and on Fox based on one teachers comments outside the school in a tiwtter thread. The insanity is running rampant all over the place, but here you have someone taking violent action.

Would I be surprised if a white nut does something crazy after this? Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 09:02 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Hitting people wouldn't have stopped his vehicle. Or put on his brake lights.

This is tragic, and awful. But it doesn't follow that his intent was to kill, as reckless as it is to drive that speed downtown.

If I were a family that lost a loved one in this parade yesterday, that would be a tiny comfort, if they do find it wasn't intentional. Just an awful, awful accident is a little bit easier to bear than a murderer.
There is no way in hell this was an "accident". It was likely not intentional murder and certainly not terrorism or a hate crime, but calling it accidental is a bridge to far.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:03 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There is no way in hell this was an "accident". It was likely not intentional murder and certainly not terrorism or a hate crime, but calling it accidental is a bridge to far.
He saw people ahead of him and didn't brake. If that's not intentional, then what is?

Old 11-22-2021, 09:03 AM

4,549 posts, read 2,273,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You weren't this forgiving last night when you claimed 'that's him' to a photoshopped pic of a white guy.

What changed?
Seriously! She said "yes that's him" like she was there in person and saw him.

This whole thing is unbelievable. I cannot believe that people here are defending this guy. I feel like I am in the twilight zone.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:05 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I agree. Everyone parroting racist intent here is doing EXACTLY what evil forces want you to be doing: making it all about race.

We don’t know why this guy did what he did. Smart people might speculate but they certainly don’t proclaim to know details that have not yet been released.

Be smarter, people. Curb your emotions and let details come out.
I didn't jump to any conclusions last night. I watched the videos and saw the guys social media content this morning. He's a hostile violent angry person with political and most likely racial motivations. It would be hard to to deny that looking at the evidence, and people on the left would CERTAINLY not deny those motivations if that had been a white guy mowing down black people and he had videos supporting Hitler or even Sean Hannity. The condemnation would be immediate.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
I don't see how you could make those two statements. They're opposites.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:08 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
tell us how you made this determination.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:09 AM

3,080 posts, read 3,266,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't see how you could make those two statements. They're opposites.
It's called a reckless disregard for life, so no, they are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:12 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
It's called a reckless disregard for life, so no, they are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
be very skeptical of these 'news' outlets and leftist posters rushing to proclaim that the waukesha killer was just 'fleeing a crime scene.' he had places to turn off, he could have honked, he could have slowed down to let the people move. instead, he accelerated into children and old ladies. that's no accident.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:13 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
From what I can gather, the guy was a convicted felon and a career criminal. Not to mention, his social media was very racist. It's a terrible crime he committed, I can't wrap my head around being at that parade and witnessing that. How utterly horrible. I think they should consider charging him with a hate crime, but since he is black, they probably won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies