Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 09:52 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Could it have anything to do with the fact that innocent people, including children, died because of this POS and his actions?

NAAAAAHHHHHHH...

Here's some clarity for anyone who needs it: try to imagine that your own child (or your dog, if that's more your speed) was run down by some out of control criminal. Now imagine someone comes along and tries to run interference for said criminal because they somehow identify more with the criminal than they do with the deceased.

Do you want to be that person?
I’ve already addressed that. We all know people who have lost loved ones from a variety of ways. Accidental death rests a little easier on the soul than purposeful murder.

I believe I’d be more at peace with an awful accident than if my child were run over on purpose.

Good bless the injured and families of the deceased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 09:57 AM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I stand by my position that this was a career criminal, I believe he was running from a crime scene and like all career criminals he only cared about himself with total disregard to anyone he may hurt in his attempt to get away. The MSM has absolutely nothing to do with what occurred that day.

He didn't do any of this based on what the MSM has said, I highly doubt he tuned into CNN every night.
One does not have to tune into CNN (or whomever) every night. It's more a gestalt thing, it's the general atmosphere created by MSM and politicians that allows for a certain amount of justification for these types of acts (e.g. the handling of ANTIFA/BLM "mostly peaceful" "mass emotional support sessions" by the MSM and "hands off" local politicians).

The irony of course is that this is the exact same soft pandering that is actually the greatest impediment to any type of improvement in the lives of a large number of folks in the black community. The MSM isn't there to "inform", politicians aren't there to "serve the people", rather they both pander, give lip service and subjectively manipulate to further their own causes. IMHO of course.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:00 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,626,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I’ve already addressed that. We all know people who have lost loved ones from a variety of ways. Accidental death rests a little easier on the soul than purposeful murder.

I believe I’d be more at peace with an awful accident than if my child were run over on purpose.

Good bless the injured and families of the deceased.
Thanks for that. I'm not being snarky, I'm being serious. I think just about any American with a moral compass is grieving right now and the more people who can be on the same page about how we feel about it, the better.

In contrast, there are some very sick, mentally ill people who seem to be very pleased with the outcome of this: https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/illino...rampage-karma/

Old 11-22-2021, 10:04 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
just in case you missed it: Biden pledge to end cash bail unchanged amid violent crime surge

oh, i know you weren't, sorry if i gave you that impression.

I did miss it, so thank you for the link. Disgusting. People are crazy voting for these people.

And Nadler wants the FBI to investigate the Rittenhouse case? SMH....

Old 11-22-2021, 10:05 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Funny how people don't want to discuss this incident but went on and on about Rittenhouse.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:10 AM

14,496 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Funny how people don't want to discuss this incident but went on and on about Rittenhouse.

Remember this moment. The trouble with many is now selective memory is.

We should all have learned by now.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:13 AM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Thanks for that. I'm not being snarky, I'm being serious. I think just about any American with a moral compass is grieving right now and the more people who can be on the same page about how we feel about it, the better.

In contrast, there are some very sick, mentally ill people who seem to be very pleased with the outcome of this: https://nypost.com/2021/11/22/illino...rampage-karma/
If we're still searching for sickest person in the universe, we've just found another top candidate.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:13 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
Quote:
I stand by my position that this was a career criminal, I believe he was running from a crime scene and like all career criminals he only cared about himself with total disregard to anyone he may hurt in his attempt to get away. The MSM has absolutely nothing to do with what occurred that day.

He didn't do any of this based on what the MSM has said, I highly doubt he tuned into CNN every night.

And yet another grand apology/excuse for the killer.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:14 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:

If the police had been chasing him this would have been reported from the get-go. "Suspect fleeing police plows into crowd."

The problem for the MSM is... Brooks isn't dead.

And I suspect he might be eager to talk about why he did what he did.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:14 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I did miss it, so thank you for the link. Disgusting. People are crazy voting for these people.

And Nadler wants the FBI to investigate the Rittenhouse case? SMH....
the scumbag who senselessly murdered people and wounded dozens with his car in a Christmas Parade was out on $1,000 bond but people are still rotting in solitary confinement over trespassing in the Capitol 10 months ago.

and now zhoe wants to eliminate even that paltry $1K bail?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
And yet another grand apology/excuse for the killer.
you can always count on dave...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies