Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2021, 07:59 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
My initial take is that this violent career criminal was not trying to kill people but was recklessly fleeing form the cops.

Some people say he was aiming his truck at people. If that is the case, he has bad aim. He could have slamed right into the middle of the band at the back of the parade and just kept on driving, so as to hit as many people as possible. Instead, he seemed to be aiming for the gaps between people, but there just wasn't room for a truck to get through. The horrible thing is that he never stopped, but just kept his foot on the pedal and just kept driving and mowing people down.

The tragedy of this is not having him behind bars previously and the idiotic Covid shut-downs causing a 2-year backlog of court cases in the County.

This doesn't seem to be terrorism or racism to me. It is just a garden variety career criminal scumbag who should have been behind bars long ago, doing what violent career criminals do as they selfishly pursue their own interests and ignore their impact on everybody else.

Just my humble opinion. It doesn't soften the excruciating blow of carnage to innocent people, from this terrible and sad incident. It certainly is tragic, frustrating, and infuriating when one scumbag can cause such calamity among innocent people just because we live in a free society.

I agree this is an awful, awful set of circumstances that all came to a terrible head. The cops were unable to stop this in time, and it would seem they saw it coming a long way off and did what they could to stop it. Like watching an oncoming train while a school bus is stuck on the tracks. Awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 08:03 AM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
My initial take is that this violent career criminal was not trying to kill people but was recklessly fleeing form the cops.

Some people say he was aiming his truck at people. If that is the case, he has bad aim. He could have slamed right into the middle of the band at the back of the parade and just kept on driving, so as to hit as many people as possible. Instead, he seemed to be aiming for the gaps between people, but there just wasn't room for a truck to get through. The horrible thing is that he never stopped, but just kept his foot on the pedal and just kept driving and mowing people down.

The tragedy of this is not having him behind bars previously and the idiotic Covid shut-downs causing a 2-year backlog of court cases in the County.

This doesn't seem to be terrorism or racism to me. It is just a garden variety career criminal scumbag who should have been behind bars long ago, doing what violent career criminals do as they selfishly pursue their own interests and ignore their impact on everybody else.

Just my humble opinion. It doesn't soften the excruciating blow of carnage to innocent people, from this terrible and sad incident. It certainly is tragic, frustrating, and infuriating when one scumbag can cause such calamity among innocent people just because we live in a free society.

He managed to slam into bystanders watching the parade and mow down band members at the same time. This was after he plowed into a group of young girls and before he plowed into a group of grandmothers.

He's a violent, abusive lowlife who decided to take his rage out on children and elderly women. He even abandoned his vehicle by backing into the driveway of a home decked out with Christmas lights and with a tree in the window. The damaged front of the vehicle visible for all to see. He was clearly PROUD of what he had done.

Don't try to minimize the hatred and evil in that man's heart.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:05 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
He managed to slam into bystanders watching the parade and mow down band members at the same time. This was after he plowed into a group of young girls and before he plowed into a group of grandmothers.

He's a violent, abusive lowlife who decided to take his rage out on children and elderly women. He even abandoned his vehicle by backing into the driveway of a home decked out with Christmas lights and with a tree in the window. The damaged front of the vehicle visible for all to see. He was clearly PROUD of what he had done.

We don’t know yet fully what the situation is. Don’t try to maximize the hatred and evil. Different side of the same coin.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:08 AM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
We don’t know yet fully what the situation is. Don’t try to maximize the hatred and evil. Different side of the same coin.
You think that there was an ounce of love in his heart when he plowed down several blocks of innocent people in a freakin' Christmas parade? Come on. This was a hateful act. Pure, unadulterated evil at work.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:08 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
So...

when does the media go 24-7 on the domestic terrorist who hunted white people at a peaceful parade?

Anyone feel like bookmaking the odds, o/u, etc for Mr. Brooks getting "Rittenhoused" by the media? I am going with "I seriously f***ing doubt it" and my o/u is Fox News and some YT channels being the only news outlets that stay with the story longer than a week. Any takers?

Old 11-22-2021, 08:10 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:

I think it's just so awful and unthinkable to purposely kill that many people, children that we want it to be a different motive. How wrong is it to just wait and see. We will know soon enough.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:10 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I think it’s premature to suggest this was a racially-motivated attack. I think it’s entirely possible this contemptible assclown had just committed a crime elsewhere and was fleeing with the red mist and adrenaline pumping.

Advancing race theories this soon makes everyone just as guilty as our effed-up media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
You know, it's really not important for every person in America with a reply button to assume they know what's going on - immediately - every time something occurs. Sometimes wisdom is in restraint.

This. Pages of arguing with no facts.

His social media shows an angry person.

He has a rap sheet.

He plowed down a parade.

That's what we know.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:11 AM

Quote:
You think that there was an ounce of love in his heart when he plowed down several blocks of innocent people in a freakin' Christmas parade? Come on. This was a hateful act. Pure, unadulterated evil at work.
I’m interested to hear the whole story. This just feels like an echo of what happened here several years ago. Although the assailant was a criminal fleeing from apprehension, it was not his intent to run over people.

We’ll see here soon I think if this is the same.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:12 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Strange but not surprising that certain folks are saying “oh this is sad, this is awful” while still giving this murdering racist whack job the benefit of the doubt. These same people, when they thought it was a white guy driving, were out for blood.

For example:

Quote:
I’m interested to hear the whole story. This just feels like an echo of what happened here several years ago. Although the assailant was a criminal fleeing from apprehension, it was not his intent to run over people.
I guess his brakes failed? Only the gas pedal worked?

Old 11-22-2021, 08:12 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Brooks is not the face of BLM; he is the end product of "woke" culture, and the elitist white apologists who peddle such garbage are every bit as much to blame as the black hatemongers (who, BTW, are much smaller in numbers.)

The overwhelming majority of Americans on both sides of the racial and societal polarization trying to rend our nation asunder are honest, decent, and respectful. It's the manipulative few who need to be identified, and not so much silenced as ignored and shunned.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-22-2021 at 08:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies