Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think 5G and Cell Towers are safe?
Yes, absolutely safe 59 37.82%
Mostly safe 18 11.54%
Probably not as safe as the government would like us to believe 46 29.49%
Definitely not safe 33 21.15%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 03:21 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,093,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
fergot...

do you know what the bolded and underlined quote above means? You can express it mathematically if you like, I have told you how twice, in this thread.

no really, YES, or NO.

Do you, or is it just something you read (from me likely, twice in this thread alone over the last 2 years)

you asked me a few hours ago to quote more stuff (again), so quoting something that is at conflict with your narrative...

{emphasis theirs}

so I ask my question above, again, in line with the OP of this thread....

and please draw on a piece of paper the 5G radiated signal pattern - or any digital cell signal (without googling please and upload/paste it to your reply in this thread, I need to know that you understand the subject material) and contrast to my recent comments on living UNDER towers, vs NEAR them. What did I mean by that? why would I say such a thing?

These are your homework questions.
Your cite is from a company selling "EMF protection". Please.

Old 10-17-2023, 03:30 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,024,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
A reincarnation of an older chart:

Website: https://kaiserscience.wordpress.com/...es-and-cancer/
That's interesting and reassuring. but my question doesn't concern cancer and ionizing radiation. My question mis; do microwaves stimulate neurons or synapses? If they do then I'm going to hold my phone to my head more often. Might cure my *cough* induced brain fog.

But seriously, there have been such suggestions and while not health threatening, I do wonder whether that is even possible and if so, what effects could it possibly have? Could it disturb one's sleep patterns?

Obviously, I haven't looked into it, otherwise I wouldn't be asking. I do have my doubts though.

Old 10-17-2023, 03:56 PM

30,120 posts, read 18,727,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Cell tower workers say tower sites putting them at risk:
(causing eye damage, sterility, and cognitive damages)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pzcuQw7XWY

After several childhood cancer cases at one school, parents question cell tower radiation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psDrvMwbq48

Health Effects of Cellphone & Cell Tower Radiation: Implications for 5G

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-_8PvG753A

The U.S. has seen a doubling of thyroid cancer in recent years and increases in certain types of brain cancer. Are cellphones and cell towers to blame?
Wasn't this a Stephen King novel (The Cell) that was turned into a movie?

Old 10-17-2023, 08:12 PM

10,945 posts, read 4,619,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

it is? really? and?

Is ANY word false? I notice you did not dispute a word.

Old 10-17-2023, 08:22 PM

10,945 posts, read 4,619,044 times
Quote:
Retired said, "...and contrast to my recent comments on living UNDER towers, vs NEAR them."

I'll need to search my EMF folders about "under or near them"

lol why? this is HS science stuff...at least when I learnt it. CMU EE courses were not required...

Quote:
Is there any solid evidence that tower-nesting birds have been sick or dying from radiation?
dunno, but we do know that bees get lost, crash into trees or generally go crazy due to cell radiation and if that is important AT ALL, remember, they are one of the building blocks for the ecosystem.

so unless you see yourself in fields the rest of your life with a qtip...

resist the urge to charge at windmills....just 'because!'

Old 10-17-2023, 10:50 PM

5,539 posts, read 7,126,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Of course, most clueless electro-phobiacs always post (or at least reference) garbage.

Old 10-17-2023, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
lol why? this is HS science stuff...at least when I learnt it. CMU EE courses were not required...
Specific lobe coverage isn't HS science at all and it is interesting to me here regardless of 'CMU EE'.

Anyway, that was my lead-in to the towers and the nesting birds questions, as we obviously know.

Old 10-17-2023, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That's interesting and reassuring. but my question doesn't concern cancer and ionizing radiation. My question is; do microwaves stimulate neurons or synapses?
Here's your homework, 303! Rotsa Ruck!

"Based on this background, in this review, we first summarized the effects of microwave radiation on the central nervous system, including the epidemiology, morphology, electroencephalograms, learning and memory abilities and mechanisms of underlying brain dysfunction from the perspective of synaptic structures and functions, oxidative stress and apoptosis, protein synthesis, genes and individual susceptibility and energy metabolism."

https://mmrjournal.biomedcentral.com...779-017-0139-0

Old 10-17-2023, 11:14 PM

I axed: Is there any solid evidence that tower-nesting birds have been sick or dying from radiation?

Retired answered " dunno, but..." *snip*

Welp, I do strongly suspect: there is zero solid evidence anywhere of tower-roosting/nesting birds sick or dying from radiation.

I was sorta hoping someone could prove me wrong.

Old 10-18-2023, 02:26 AM

11,083 posts, read 6,024,649 times
Quote:
Here's your homework, 303! Rotsa Ruck!

"Based on this background, in this review, we first summarized the effects of microwave radiation on the central nervous system, including the epidemiology, morphology, electroencephalograms, learning and memory abilities and mechanisms of underlying brain dysfunction from the perspective of synaptic structures and functions, oxidative stress and apoptosis, protein synthesis, genes and individual susceptibility and energy metabolism."

https://mmrjournal.biomedcentral.com...779-017-0139-0
Holy cow! So using my phone could well clear the fog some.

Quote:
study that showed that short-term exposure to microwave radiation can reduce reaction times and improve cognitive functions, attention and short-term memory capacity
Quote:
Moreover, the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease is 30–40% lower in people who use a mobile phone for more than 10 years than in other individuals
Now that comes as a complete surprize!

I better start using my phone. Not just more but actually using it!

Thanks Tantalust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.