Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think 5G and Cell Towers are safe?
Yes, absolutely safe 59 37.82%
Mostly safe 18 11.54%
Probably not as safe as the government would like us to believe 46 29.49%
Definitely not safe 33 21.15%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 09:17 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The only reason 5G is being pushed so much is so they can spy on us easier and collect even more information on us.
Or maybe because the masses want inexpensive affordable unlimited data to stream their Netflix on while they're in the car and existing low band technology can't provide the bandwidth necessary. Verizon is particularly bandwidth starved which is why you need their premium service to avoid deprioritization.

Needless to say self-driving vehicles are much further away than the hype of a few years ago would lead you to believe. Whenever somebody proposes some major project you might as well add 5 or 10 years to the timeline just because that's the way it always turns out.

In any case I've come to see that money drives society more than anything so it wouldn't surprise me that they would push a technology that's inherently unsafe in order for the sake of profits.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:10 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,605,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Yeah, the sun is general, but the tower antennae execute directed EMF, within and through so said sun EMF.

The local rabbits try hard to dodge directed energies.

They aren't stupid, and their ears are larger and more directional than yours.
I'm not sure what this means. First of all, who cares if it's directed? What matters is the amount of energy. I'd rather be hit by a directed dart than an undirected hurricane.

Secondly, if tower antennae are directed, they aren't directed at you personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
No, I'd be ok with landline communications.
Why? Landlines generate an EM field too.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprlf View Post
Yes but they arent as bad as ANYTHING wireless!!
Based on what? A high-voltage power line is absolutely has a stronger EMF than a wireless radio, for instance.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:41 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
I'm currently developing a helmet of the Nazi shape but not with steel, with gorilla glass instead.

I already started it with a gorilla glass head-band, picking up from native American indians using the organics of leather and feathers (and the beads thing didn't work at all). Gorilla-glass beads might be a fun think, though. Also, the 60s hippies' head-bands went without feathers. And, the Pillow Man is NOT using feathers.

I'm also about to Gorilla Glass-test the huge known varieties of hats, which without glass, DID carry documented effects. I'll probably start with Matt Dillon's hat shape. Last will probably be those horrible Jewish caps. The Pope's cap will also be a last one. Both require at the very least, a rotating copter (captor) on top center. A Gorilla Glassed turban might be two thirds of a head wrap.

This is my invention and I will expect massive royalties.

I already wear glass lensed eyeglasses, and WITH PRISMS!

I can see clearer now.

My pandemic head gear is a Darth Vader type gorilla-glass helmet. I am seriously worried about the bad mix of chemical/biological cellular "injections" and increased EMF effects. A good cartoon on Pug's lab door showed the toddler God's first attempt at creating a chicken - a blast with feathers falling down all over the place.

I saw the cartoon every day for 15 years. On one occasion, I miss-inserted the word "transubstantiation" into a conversation, where when Pug quickly corrected me mentioning the difference between transubstantiation and transmutation.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-29-2021 at 08:49 AM..

Old 11-29-2021, 09:17 AM

Nickolas Tesla showed wireless transfer of electric power showing no negative human effects, and very little cost of electricity "creation", which angered all of the powerful people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntIBDVCfATA

Old 11-29-2021, 09:37 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,015,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I'm currently developing a helmet of the Nazi shape but not with steel, with gorilla glass instead.

I already started it with a gorilla glass head-band, picking up from native American indians using the organics of leather and feathers (and the beads thing didn't work at all). Gorilla-glass beads might be a fun think, though. Also, the 60s hippies' head-bands went without feathers. And, the Pillow Man is NOT using feathers.

I'm also about to Gorilla Glass-test the huge known varieties of hats, which without glass, DID carry documented effects. I'll probably start with Matt Dillon's hat shape. Last will probably be those horrible Jewish caps. The Pope's cap will also be a last one. Both require at the very least, a rotating copter (captor) on top center. A Gorilla Glassed turban might be two thirds of a head wrap.

This is my invention and I will expect massive royalties.

I already wear glass lensed eyeglasses, and WITH PRISMS!

I can see clearer now.

My pandemic head gear is a Darth Vader type gorilla-glass helmet. I am seriously worried about the bad mix of chemical/biological cellular "injections" and increased EMF effects. A good cartoon on Pug's lab door showed the toddler God's first attempt at creating a chicken - a blast with feathers falling down all over the place.

I saw the cartoon every day for 15 years. On one occasion, I miss-inserted the word "transubstantiation" into a conversation, where when Pug quickly corrected me mentioning the difference between transubstantiation and transmutation.
I find it fascinating that you edited the comment, so you re-read it, fixed it and settled on this? ok.

Old 11-29-2021, 10:46 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakker View Post
I've worked around cell towers and cell sites as long as they've been in existence. The warning signs are there for a reason. The damage that can be sustained is from cooking yourself by being in close proximity to the transceiver. It is not the kind of radiation that can cause cancer or any of the other mysterious maladies that run rampant in chat rooms and non-scientific forums.

Pubmed.gov, which has been repeatedly sourced in this thread and is well known for publishing everything, verified or not, so trusting an article written on that site, implicitly, is a mistake. Additionally, the PHD cited, Joel Moskowitz, in regards to his conclusions on the damage done by cell site radiation, is usually taken with a very large grain of salt. It is amusing however to see a Berkeley professor used as proof of an unproven theory, when some of the same members use Cal Berkeley University as one of their favorite whipping posts.

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/cr...paper-any-good

As for cell tower locations, if that is your concern you would be completely paranoid if you knew how many ordinary looking objects are actually cell site transceivers. I was a cell site engineer before I retired and I was calling for transceiver installations in what looked like street lights, which actually provided light in the evening. There are transmitters in flag poles, and behind bus stop benches in berms. There are also small pole mounted transmitters that look like a regular utility box of no concern, and transmitters disguised as water towers or trees. Most of those being installed now are called "small cell" because, well, they're small, low powered, mostly for safety reasons, and with limited range, but which provide better coverage and updated technology. They are completely safe.

I will admit to not being an expert on the signals generated by cell sites, I was more of an expert on digital technology and the applications of it's transmission in the gigabit and lower frequencies using Sonet and Ethernet. I was employed for 7 years after my retirement from megacorp for my design capabilities in the emerging fields of cell technology; ie designing the placement of equipment and fiber to enable that equipment to operate in every environment.

The transmitter side of the transceiver is the part that has the potential for damage obviously, as the receive side is coming in at low power.

What isn't safe is working directly in the path of a high powered transmitter, especially a uni-directional transmitter that focuses its signal in only one or two directions. These are usually used at the sides of freeways with transceivers which send and receive the signal up and down the freeway laterally, but not perpendicularly. Omni-directional transceivers are used to cover larger geographical areas in a more circular manner with transceivers in three sectors identified as Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, separated by 120 degrees (360 degrees divided by 3). Transmission studies are done prior to transceiver installation which project the amount of cell traffic in each of the three sectors, and transceivers are placed accordingly to minimize call blocking and maximize coverage where it's needed the most.

Microwave transmitters are also dangerous for workers to be in front of for the same reasons, damage from localized heat that will cook you before you know it. Microwave is a smaller beam however, and easier to avoid. As for cell site workers, they will be fine if they simply follow the rules and don't fall off of the tower, which a few of my friends have done. The rest of us will be fine too.

Everyone complains about losing their signal, but almost no one appreciates what it takes to get it there. Oh, and you can take me off the anonymous list of those who voted in the poll. I voted yes, absolutely safe.

good post

Old 11-29-2021, 10:54 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,168,005 times
First it was 3g then 4g now 5g this goes back before gig stuff started its all BS!!

Old 11-29-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
First it was 3g then 4g now 5g this goes back before gig stuff started its all BS!!
You think the marketing for faster speeds would be more clear if they used random numbers, or counted down, or what?

Old 11-29-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I find it fascinating that you edited the comment, so you re-read it, fixed it and settled on this? ok.
Nickola Tesla was NOT a phyzzicyst. Neither am I.

I'm more into math potatoes.

I live in a copper baron's apple community.

Lotta applesauce here.

Glad I don't live in Butte - what a big hole - made there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.