Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think 5G and Cell Towers are safe?
Yes, absolutely safe 59 37.82%
Mostly safe 18 11.54%
Probably not as safe as the government would like us to believe 46 29.49%
Definitely not safe 33 21.15%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 09:43 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,126,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Sunlight contains ultraviolet light which is much higher frequency than visible light and causes some living cell damage. When you go higher frequency than UV you hit radioactive frequencies which does a crapload of damage

Cellphone frequencies, however, are lower than visible light and do not have enough energy to hurt living things
It's "not much" higher, it's just a little bit higher than violet light.

You're disregarding the article I posted. Ionizing radiation (where it can knock an electron off an atom) is only one way radiation can cause cancer. See the article for the other ways.

Old 11-24-2021, 02:15 AM

7,488 posts, read 3,618,272 times
I’m more concerned about what is going on with China and their nuclear plants not being maintained properly and no one will care or do anything about it.

Old 11-24-2021, 04:37 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,334,451 times
No, stress and social isolation are making people sick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wou...n%3fformat=amp

Polarization and screens are making people sick. Biohack the human limbic system using knowledge.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:27 AM

26,027 posts, read 19,008,428 times
My personal view is that this particular technology is dangerous. I have no way of proving that and I'm basing my stance on common sense and some of the technical details I've read on the matter. Like most anything else that is a lingering threat, it won't really come out until it is too late for many people. That's the way it works in our society--we seem to be a "Nancy Pelosi Culture". We have to drink the poison to find out what's in it. We are willing to do stupid things and use questionable technology until it's clear that people are dying or getting sick from it in incontrovertible numbers.

Personally, I'd be much happier with 1975 rotary-dial line line technology. Seeing everyone with their face planted in their palm all day gets annoying when the percentage of zombies is about 95%. I run every day and it is often on dirt nature trails. Even out in nature I see people staggering along the trail with their face planted in their phone. What is the point of hiking a nature trail when you don't even know where you are or that the nature trail exists? If you can't spend half an hour on a hiking trail without a damn phone in your face, you have a problem.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:33 AM

26,027 posts, read 19,008,428 times
Oh, and beyond the radiation thing, it is my belief that cell phones/smart phones in general are a HUGE detriment and threat to society. It's likely changing our basic thought and reasoning process profoundly. I question whether heroin might be a lesser threat. Reason being that most people have brains enough to not get addicted to heroin. That is obviously not the case with smartphones.

Old 11-24-2021, 10:36 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,892,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You would be best served being curious in life, versus dogmatic in your beliefs.
There are things known as stewed conservatives. They definitely rather be Elmer Fudd than Bugs Bunny. Lately I've been watching the local rabbits digging holes for their safe houses.

Also, at night I have been seeing local deers running very fast, together, escaping SOMETHING, whatever I couldn't see.

I have always been seriously curious. To survive, I have learned to conceal my curiosity.

Play dumb, man - Play dumb.

Hey, what do I know, anyway.

Course, I've never owned a cell phone, and my car is a non computered car. I just do what I can to keep my brain (and my car) from being neutered. Back in the 70s and 80s I used Motorola MX 350 radios to keep my leading employees in fast communication. They couldn't be reached when in the concrete tunnels under the State Capitol. The security guards (college students) were always smoking pot way up in the coppered dome of the capitol. They stayed high as much as they could. Lucky for me, the State provided my company with an office in the basement of the State Capitol - Until the State found out about the BIG BUCKS my company was making.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-24-2021 at 11:42 AM..

Old 11-24-2021, 10:40 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,315,039 times
The cost of an iPhone makes me sick.

Old 11-24-2021, 10:51 AM

32,833 posts, read 19,543,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Sunlight contains ultraviolet light which is much higher frequency than visible light and causes some living cell damage. When you go higher frequency than UV you hit radioactive frequencies which does a crapload of damage

Cellphone frequencies, however, are lower than visible light and do not have enough energy to hurt living things
correct...cellphones are down with radio waves...much lower freq

https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insi...-concerns.html

Old 11-24-2021, 11:25 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,615,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
I'm a little confused on the capability of the newer 5G tech.

It's alleged that 5G isn't strong enough to penetrate human skin, BUT 5G is suppose to be able to penetrate metal & glass cars for future automated driving options. How exactly does that work?

If 5G can't penetrate human skin, then how is it going to penetrate the walls of buildings to provide internet or cell access?
Water is a really good radiation shield, compared to metal. That's why there's a lot of discussion of using water as a shield for interplanetary space ships rather than merely relying on the metal hull. And of course water is used to moderate nuclear reactions. Water molecules are very interactive, which is probably also why it's so great for life.

5G is higher frequency than 4G (up to 10GHz vs 5GHz), but still much lower than, say, the ultraviolet solar radiation that causes skin cancer (which is in the terahertz range, higher by orders of magnitude).

Old 11-24-2021, 11:30 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,892,117 times
For about a year now, I've been wearing glass lensed eyeglasses without finding out why there was such an organized attack on me for demanding glass lensed eyeglasses.

Probably has something to do with silicon, and non chemical use to clean my eyeglasses.

No plastic, thank you.

There was only one local optometry that cooperated with my request - It's name, The Big Sky Eye company.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-24-2021 at 11:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.