Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think 5G and Cell Towers are safe?
Yes, absolutely safe 59 37.82%
Mostly safe 18 11.54%
Probably not as safe as the government would like us to believe 46 29.49%
Definitely not safe 33 21.15%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 10:16 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
5G uses higher frequencies but shorter wavelengths so there will be a need for more towers closer together or mini-towers on buildings, light poles, etc.

The health concerns is that people will now be closer to the sources and will be more exposed to electromagnetic radiation.
Now do they know what that will do ? Not really as we have no history of this type of exposure.

When it comes to EMF radiation..distance gives us protection..the simple law of physics.

Quote:
An excess of electrical wiring configurations suggestive of high current-flow was noted in Colorado in 1976--1977 near the homes of children who developed cancer, as compared to the homes of control children. The finding was strongest for children who had spent their entire lives at the same address, and it appeared to be dose-related. It did not seem to be an artifact of neighborhood, street congestion, social class, or family structure. The reason for the correlation is uncertain; possible effects of current in the water pipes or of AC magnetic fields are suggested.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/453167/

Old 11-23-2021, 10:17 AM

6,016 posts, read 2,840,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
They are plenty capable of spying on us now with 4G.
From what I understand, with 4g, they can track your location to within a radius, whereas with 5g, they can track your location to within a few feet.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Not possible, the wavelength of cell signals are too wide, 5g included

You need much much higher frequencies to cause cellular/DNA damage. Humans have evolved to live with these mild energy waves, we'd all be dead by now if we didn't
Humans have evolved to be in the sun too, but everyone acknowledges radiation from the sun causes cancer.

See my article above.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
From what I understand, with 4g, they can track your location to within a radius, whereas with 5g, they can track your location to within a few feet.
They use the tower you're connected to, and the delay it takes for your signal to get to the tower. More towers, shorter wavelengths, more accurate calculation.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:21 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
I can't vote because the option I'd select isn't there.

My answer is I don't know, but my mind is open enough to read as much as I can and wait to see what happens. Too many notions that seemed unbelievable, ended up true. It would be foolish to just discount the possibility based on nothing but blind faith.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:22 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
I'm a little confused on the capability of the newer 5G tech.

It's alleged that 5G isn't strong enough to penetrate human skin, BUT 5G is suppose to be able to penetrate metal & glass cars for future automated driving options. How exactly does that work?

If 5G can't penetrate human skin, then how is it going to penetrate the walls of buildings to provide internet or cell access?
The frequency is inversely proportional to the wavelength, so higher frequencies, higher cycles, smaller waves more penetration, not because its powerful but its physically smaller so it squeezes by things it doesnt penetrate like metal around glass. Lower frequency less cycles less power to go more distance but no penetration, high freq more penetration but less distance you need more nodes for the same coverage.

Often times installers are very careless, they are also right next to the node, I would not transpose their issues to the public at large. BTW your body is basically liquid, so it does not propagate well, i dont think that it doesnt penetrate is accurate I am sure some % of radiation get through it might be less than what is deemed dangerous.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:26 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,962,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Did you watch the first video? The guys who work on cell towers are getting sick from their job.
Perhaps they’re focusing on future income. Where’s the proof they got sick from working on towers?

Old 11-23-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
The frequency is inversely proportional to the wavelength, so higher frequencies, higher cycles, smaller waves more penetration, not because its powerful but its physically smaller so it squeezes by things it doesnt penetrate like metal around glass. Lower frequency less cycles less power to go more distance but no penetration, high freq more penetration but less distance you need more nodes for the same coverage.

Often times installers are very careless, they are also right next to the node, I would not transpose their issues to the public at large. BTW your body is basically liquid, so it does not propagate well, i dont think that it doesnt penetrate is accurate I am sure some % of radiation get through it might be less than what is deemed dangerous.
wavelength * frequency = velocity. But velocity is fixed, so smaller wavelength means higher frequency.

Energy = constant * frequency. So higher frequency = more energy.

5g waves have more energy which is why they drain your battery faster.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:27 AM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,653 times
People are very concerned about health issues, the need for so many towers means more exposure. They will be installed in some neighborhoods at every 12th house, and tower above and look ugly. People going for walks will be exposed over and over multiple times. There has not been adequate testing for risk to health.

“And we know from other levels of technology far below the 5G levels that bone marrow of a child absorbs 10 times the radiation of an adult,” Glendinning said.
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/01...ealth-worries/

Old 11-23-2021, 10:35 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I can't vote because the option I'd select isn't there.

My answer is I don't know, but my mind is open enough to read as much as I can and wait to see what happens. Too many notions that seemed unbelievable, ended up true. It would be foolish to just discount the possibility based on nothing but blind faith.
This is how I feel. I tend to believe all the unnatural crap we have bouncing around in the air right near us 24/7 probably isn't doing us an good. We've known for a long time that powerlines cause issues. I just dont' think we will be told if there are problems from 5G even if they know, it will be blamed on something else.

Our bodies are too complicated to know how they are truly dealing with all the chemicals and radiowaves and Stuff thrown at us in the modern age. Certain lights and sounds give me migraines and other symptoms, and they tend to be from artificial sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies