Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think 5G and Cell Towers are safe?
Yes, absolutely safe 59 37.82%
Mostly safe 18 11.54%
Probably not as safe as the government would like us to believe 46 29.49%
Definitely not safe 33 21.15%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 11:37 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,472,248 times

Advertisements

It is hard to see them as any less nor more dangerous than radio or television signals, or magnetic fields around high tension electrical power lines or even household wiring. We have accommodated to all of these and couldn't live without them today.

I do believe that all of it deserves further study, but I don't see any reason to believe the newer technologies are any more dangerous than what has already come before.

Old 11-26-2021, 11:45 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,508,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
No, I'd be ok with landline communications.
And I'd be perfectly fine if cellular communication completely disappeared altogether, it's been more of a detriment to modern society than a benefit.
you didn't answer my question, which was based on YOUR statement...
Quote:
The cell tower antennas are adding additional EMF/RF, along with your cellphone, wifi routers, wireless smart meters, radio antennae, power lines, radar dishes (at airports), power stations, etc.

notice the bolded... so my question which was in reference to radio antennae, power lines, radar dishes (at airports), power stations...was
Quote:
so what is it that you want..... to go back to the stone ages??
because with out radio, powerlines (which include your landline), airports, power stations..that is exactly where we would be... back in the stone ages

Old 11-27-2021, 08:43 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,880,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
For about a year now, I've been wearing glass lensed eyeglasses without finding out why there was such an organized attack on me for demanding glass lensed eyeglasses.

Probably has something to do with silicon, and non chemical use to clean my eyeglasses.

No plastic, thank you.

There was only one local optometry that cooperated with my request - It's name, The Big Sky Eye company.
That's the Big Sky Eye Care company, son.

Oh, sorry.

Thank you.

Old 11-27-2021, 08:48 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,763,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The only reason 5G is being pushed so much is so they can spy on us easier and collect even more information on us.
Who is they? And why would they need to do that? You give away all your privacy with social media and your cell phone or computer.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:11 AM

3,652 posts, read 1,608,414 times
Quote:
Mobile Phone Radiation Causes Decline of Insect Population, Says Study
https://www.sciencetimes.com/article...tion-study.htm

If its killing off the insects, what is it doing to us and other living organisms?

Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature'
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...apse-of-nature

And people are worried about climate change and carbon, meanwhile we're completely surrounded by invisible EMF and RF electro-pollution that slowly breaks down our DNA repair mechanisms and makes us all sterile. Sperm counts have collapsed by more than 50% in human men in the past few decades. EMF and RF is known to reduce sperm counts and cause sterility in men.

From currently available studies it is clear that radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) have deleterious effects on sperm parameters
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30445985/
Not only that but is anyone studying the effects of being bombarded with all different types of RF simultaneously? First there was radio towers. Then tv towers. Now cell towers. We have wi-fi stations in homes and establishments. Then you get x=rays at a Dr office. You have RF from your home electricity wiring. What's the effect of all these at once on a living cell?

And it's not easy to avoid RF unless you live in a very remote location. If I purchase a house in a city I don't want beams of electrons shooting through my house that I didn't order. Yet communication companies are doing just that.

This reminds of when processed commercial food products starting coming out and it was ok'd by the FDA as 'safe'. Processed food is not healthy and proven to cause disease yet it's still for sale.

One of the touted purposes of 5g, because it's much faster, is that it will allow realistic VR. One use is a worker at home with VR can appear to be at a desk at the office around their co-workers. Just when a pandemic hits 5g happens to be available for remote work.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:14 AM

I can't believe 43 percent of people in this poll believe Electro Magnetic radiation is safe.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:26 AM

I suppose those are the people who choose to live in a house right under high tension wires (they hum) or next to the cell tower dressed up like a tree. Meanwhile every upper middle class or wealthy area has horrible cell service.

Old 11-27-2021, 10:10 AM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It’s conclusive as you get in science and medicine.

UV-A is non-ionizing radiation and causes melanoma. Ergo none-ionizing radiations can cause cancer.
No that is far from conclusive judging from the disclaimer, like I mentioned the IEEE does extensive studies on the effects of radiation in conjunction with the medical community. There is no proof of adverse effects other than cataracts and that would be for people in close proximity mostly workers, radiation levels of transmitters drop off exponentially and are generally not a danger to the public.

Yes suns UV rays cause skin cancer (melanoma) unless you are speaking about tanning salons.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:36 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,880,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No that is far from conclusive judging from the disclaimer, like I mentioned the IEEE does extensive studies on the effects of radiation in conjunction with the medical community. There is no proof of adverse effects other than cataracts and that would be for people in close proximity mostly workers, radiation levels of transmitters drop off exponentially and are generally not a danger to the public.

Yes suns UV rays cause skin cancer (melanoma) unless you are speaking about tanning salons.
Yeah, well just send some astronauts to the moon, and then when they get back take a look at 'em for their lack of the Van Allen Belt protections.

The Starship Enterprise has shields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEwMM0REZJQ

Old 11-28-2021, 09:14 AM

3,278 posts, read 1,759,766 times
Quote:
Did you watch the first video? The guys who work on cell towers are getting sick from their job.
For those in the industry;

One of the first things I learned in the Navy was not to stand near any antennas until equipment was shut down and lockout procedures were confirmed. Transmission antennas of any type can be a health hazard. It might cause a temporary outage of service to shut them down for maintenance but when any safety regulations are ignored, injuries could happen.

I don't need to see the video, This is one of those things which has been around as long as the technology has been here. I'm against the gubbermint getting involved, this could be handled at the local contractor level by scheduling maintenance at low demand times.

For those living within sight of cell towers, there was a similar concern with high voltage transmission lines in the '90's about electro-magnetic fields being generated with claims of everything from toothaches to brain damage and even cancer. As to the validity of these claims, opinions (still) vary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.