Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think 5G and Cell Towers are safe?
Yes, absolutely safe 59 37.82%
Mostly safe 18 11.54%
Probably not as safe as the government would like us to believe 46 29.49%
Definitely not safe 33 21.15%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 07:34 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,355,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
the cell freqs are too close to the 'magic number' that is not safe....ANYTHING in the 2.1-2.8ghz range and its harmonics are not the best place to be, if you are a human. Its not like smearing plutonium based jelly on your toast, but still.

yes we all have wifi.

however, 1/4 w vs 30K watts is a small difference. ;-)
There is no indication that any of these towers cause medical issues according to studies. Certainly some microwaves have heating effects but at those distances the drop off is exponential.

Problem is some people quote anecdotes about harm and it suddenly becomes science.

Old 10-16-2023, 08:13 AM

10,945 posts, read 4,626,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is no indication that any of these towers cause medical issues according to studies.

The actual truth is:

"there is some indication that these towers cause issues according to SOME studies"

and

"there is little indication that these towers cause issues according to SOME studies"

What you wrote above was false.

I can quote all day studies from around the world, over time that say there are issues, and I can quote studies from around the world over time that say there are few issues.

Neither of us can quote studies that say there are NO issues.

This is the exact wording of the global claims:

Quote:
There is currently no strong evidence that exposure to RF waves from cellphone towers cause adverse health effects, such as cancer. Experts across several industries say the exposure risk is low, even on the ground near cellphone towers

Strong is not synonymous with ZERO

Low risk is not synonymous with NO risk.

read the ACS part on this. they point out that the radiation you get from the TOWER, is less than that of the PHONE (lobe radiated signal, strength decrease proportional to square of radius and all that,) which is why we have more RISK from the phone in a breast pocket or on your lap in a car - eerily similar to ball cancer problems with handheld radar guns in cop cars, but note, this article was for cell tower WORKERS, who are, by nature, dead smack in the lobe radiated signal, and their radius is very very small so the effective power is many orders of magnitude more. Eerily similar to navy ship workers sent to work on radar antennas (real close in freq) while the set was powered on. The navy, if you recall, LOST that suit.

Being somewhat educated in the sciences, I chose not to live next to a tower*, under transmission lines and I try to not carry a phone in my shirt or pants pocket. (TBF, I dont want to carry a cell phone AT ALL anymore cuz I dont wanna hear from anyone at any time) and I sure as heck do not want to work on the towers. Am I greatly altering my habits? not at all. I am far more concerned about the huge dose of UV we now get daily from all artificial lighting and screens. Skin damage is real, retinal damage is real.

You, do you of course.

* = UNDER the tower, if there is risk, is less than NEXT to the tower, due to the lobe shaped signal

Old 10-16-2023, 02:39 PM

5,539 posts, read 7,129,235 times
Are there any documented cases where a typical commercial celltower proved to sicken anyone?

Old 10-16-2023, 02:46 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,781,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The only reason 5G is being pushed so much is so they can spy on us easier and collect even more information on us.
…as if you and I were that important. We’re not and neither is 95% of the people in this country.

Old 10-16-2023, 03:16 PM

11,086 posts, read 6,029,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is no indication that any of these towers cause medical issues according to studies. Certainly some microwaves have heating effects but at those distances the drop off is exponential.

Problem is some people quote anecdotes about harm and it suddenly becomes science.
In a sane world, yes, absolutely. However, we have seen that we do not live in a sane world and we have seen that 'science' is no longer what it used to be. Sure, science still exists, but. how do we know when 'studies' are misrepresented, manipulated or just purely conducted to pacify concerned persons.

Thing is, there is a lot of money riding on G5, so can we be sure that G5 safety studies do not have predetermined outcomes? That is not to say there is any reason for concern but the point is, there is reason not to trust studies with vested interest. Just saying.

On the other hand, the fossil fuel industry conducted studies into the harmful effects of CO2 emissions and determined the concerns to be largely unfounded. And no-one believed them. But they turned out to be right. So maybe likewise, the G5 studies could turn out to be right too.

Old 10-16-2023, 03:23 PM

11,086 posts, read 6,029,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
…as if you and I were that important. We’re not and neither is 95% of the people in this country.
Aah, yes well .... No, 95% of us are not that important to warrant spying on us. Or are we? Well, think about this; The Soviet Union found that spying on it's population was worthwhile. Nobody what's to know what we are up to until we go against the narrative. I am spied on. They know exactly what my vaxx status is. At one time, there were threats to block access to certain areas and even talk of denying access to one's bank accounts. That is not done using our cell phones though but it is a type of keeping track of individuals. But G5 isn't necessary for that purpose. The internet works just fine. And so does satnav/gps. Every now and again I get a notice to tell me where I am and where I have been.

So don't worry about G5. It's all about speed of data transfer. And it may be harmful to our health.

Old 10-16-2023, 03:28 PM

10,945 posts, read 4,626,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Are there any documented cases where a typical commercial celltower proved to sicken anyone?

if you ask, you will get the answer of 'positively perhaps' no one is on record saying

no! and not one is on records saying definitely YES!

Old 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,548,820 times
Why isn't "I have no idea" an option?

Old 10-16-2023, 03:37 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,781,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Aah, yes well .... No, 95% of us are not that important to warrant spying on us. Or are we? Well, think about this; The Soviet Union found that spying on it's population was worthwhile. Nobody what's to know what we are up to until we go against the narrative. I am spied on. They know exactly what my vaxx status is. At one time, there were threats to block access to certain areas and even talk of denying access to one's bank accounts. That is not done using our cell phones though but it is a type of keeping track of individuals. But G5 isn't necessary for that purpose. The internet works just fine. And so does satnav/gps. Every now and again I get a notice to tell me where I am and where I have been.

So don't worry about G5. It's all about speed of data transfer. And it may be harmful to our health.
Hmm…where is the Soviet Union now?

Don’t want to be spied on? Don’t shop online. Buy everything in brick and mortar stores and pay with cash. Eliminate debt-all of it. …and on and on and on.

I don’t care if they spy on me. They must really be bored.

I don’t live near power transmission lines. Those are worse. I’ve no intention of getting 5G. My phone is like 6 yrs old. Good enough for me.

Old 10-16-2023, 03:48 PM

5,539 posts, read 7,129,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
This author [Magda Havas] is now happily promoting pulsed electromagnetic trans-cranial equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies