Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 08:53 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow. You don't even know about the police report and the multiple other witnesses?

Apparently, you have been reading these other posters comments and believing them when they kept leaving out the other witnesses and describing it as this lone menacing biker that followed her home.

You've been deceived and you shouldn't be happy about it.
Just like the Kyle Rittenhouse case, numerous posters commenting and it was obvious they did not watch/read one thing from the trial, yet they had to keep commenting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2021, 09:11 AM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Just like the Kyle Rittenhouse case, numerous posters commenting and it was obvious they did not watch/read one thing from the trial, yet they had to keep commenting.
Much of the misinformation in the Rittenhouse case was due to people who had listened to initial media reports and made up their mind early on, before all the facts were known.

This is an interesting case full of issues that should be investigated and discussed fully before deciding. I appreciate those who continue to try to discuss factual and legal issues despite the pack of posters here who think they know it all already and attack anyone who asks the wrong questions.

Self defense is something I care about and think a lot about. IF it turns out this is a justified self defense shooting BY THE BIKER, I think it will be one of the few cases EVER where a single woman, followed home by a three guys, could be killed in her own yard and be called the aggressor. I UNDERSTAND the issues you guys are hanging this argument on, based on the earlier traffic kerfuffle. I still think it represents a pretty rare situation. Don't you?

No "moth to the light" here. I'm interested in this STORY, not the already-made-up minds of a few people here.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:17 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
He rammed her? Do you have proof of this, beyond the words of the man trying to justify shooting the woman who supposedly "rammed him twice?"
All any of us can do is speculate, since we do not have the facts yet.
Are you saying she didn't hit him?
Do you have proof that he'd done that to another woman, that was being claimed in here?

Old 12-03-2021, 09:27 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Wow. You don't even know about the police report and the multiple other witnesses?

Apparently, you have been reading these other posters comments and believing them when they kept leaving out the other witnesses and describing it as this lone menacing biker that followed her home.

You've been deceived and you shouldn't be happy about it.
That is part of the problem. People are reading random comments from random posters who post unproven comments as truth underneath media stories and police reports....and they will run with those unproven comments thinking the comments must be true, since it's on the internet or something.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:32 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Much of the misinformation in the Rittenhouse case was due to people who had listened to initial media reports and made up their mind early on, before all the facts were known.

This is an interesting case full of issues that should be investigated and discussed fully before deciding. I appreciate those who continue to try to discuss factual and legal issues despite the pack of posters here who think they know it all already and attack anyone who asks the wrong questions.

Self defense is something I care about and think a lot about. IF it turns out this is a justified self defense shooting BY THE BIKER, I think it will be one of the few cases EVER where a single woman, followed home by a three guys, could be killed in her own yard and be called the aggressor. I UNDERSTAND the issues you guys are hanging this argument on, based on the earlier traffic kerfuffle. I still think it represents a pretty rare situation. Don't you?

No "moth to the light" here. I'm interested in this STORY, not the already-made-up minds of a few people here.
Your narrative completely skipped over everything illegal she did including trying to pass off the felonies she committed as a "traffic kerfuffle" left out her approaching them and pointing a gun and just plopped down on the end result. Let's say the guy didn't shoot her nor her them...in that case, how many different felonies could the police have charged her with?

You can't understand why she could be called an aggressor by moving towards people on a public roadway and pointing a gun at them.

P.S. Earlier in the thread you stated that the shooter was in her front yard.

Quote:
And I still say it may be arguable who had more of a right to self defense in her front yard. I don't know for sure yet.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:41 AM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
Quote:
Your narrative completely skipped over everything illegal she did including trying to pass off the felonies she committed as a "traffic kerfuffle" left out her approaching them and pointing a gun and just plopped down on the end result. Let's say the guy didn't shoot her nor her them...in that case, how many different felonies could the police have charged her with?

You can't understand why she could be called an aggressor by moving towards people on a public roadway and pointing a gun at them.

P.S. Earlier in the thread you stated that the shooter was in her front yard.
I didn't skip over it, I mentioned it. I do think it's interesting, but not the ONLY interesting thing.

The important part of my last quote is that it may be arguable. I still think that. I don't know everything that took place. No one here does.

And FWIW, I don't expect to learn everything from anyone here. It's all just entertaining discussion.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:45 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the vigilante biker who followed her to her residence is just as bad as the woman?

You don’t follow people home. Period.
Really. All of these people supporting him shooting her are maybe as nuts as the biker and the woman.

So yeah, its not unusual to see a group of psychos.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:50 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:

It would be rare as it’s unlikely many would be so stupid as she was from beginning to end.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:50 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
What are they going to put him away for? Self defense?
The same thing they put those two guys away in Brunswick, GA. They followed the guy, initiated a confrontation and killed him when he came at them while following him.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:51 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
I didn't skip over it, I mentioned it. I do think it's interesting, but not the ONLY interesting thing.

The important part of my last quote is that it may be arguable. I still think that. I don't know everything that took place. No one here does.

And FWIW, I don't expect to learn everything from anyone here. It's all just entertaining discussion.
The one thing 100 percent we should all agree with is that it is illegal to aim a gun at someone. If you can't agree with that the rest of your "input" should be rolled in cat litter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies