Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 03:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
fwiw, it took over two weeks for the police to arrest George Zimmerman. I’m not suggesting that Derr will be arrested but GZ was not held for questioning either. Both are smaller towns less than 30 miles apart.
He’s not going to be arrested. Another simple case of self defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 04:17 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I've read in a couple places that the two had some kind of interaction before the contact.

Can't find out the nature of that interaction yet.
https://www.archiweekend.com/viral-n...t-to-her-home/

Based on Sampsell, Morales had initially swerved into Derr’s motorcycle while on the highway. After Derr known as to her, she purposefully swerved again, this time around making impact, police stated.

Quote:
“According towards the analysis and independent witnesses that really attempted to obtain her to prevent, which are people that don’t know Mr. Derr, she’d swerved into him without getting in touch, and that he stated, ‘Hey… you almost struck me!’” Sampsell stated. “She opened up beside him striking his motorcycle because he was going lower the street, intentionally.”

Sampsell stated they’d search warrants to look at the Kia and motorcycle, finding evidence that Morales sideswiped Derr’s motorcycle using the driver’s side of her vehicle, prompting witnesses to stop Morales.
According to the article, she nearly side-swiped him once, and then made another attempt, hitting him the 2nd time. NOT STOPPED AT AN INTERSECTION, and not a "tap". While moving and on the road. IF this story is true (and given how horrible the writing is, I do find that suspect), her actions were either assault with a deadly weapon...or attempted murder. I really wonder just what was wrong with this woman-and how someone this violent was able to get a job as a librarian, where she presumably had access to children.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:17 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
TY for that link because it disproves much of what many of you are saying. Words were exchanged - I wouldn't call that an incident. She could have sworn at him to get out of the way - and he could have replied F-U.

""We don't know why she hit him." Sampsell said. "She swerved into him and prior to the vehicle making impact he warned her to stay away, and he is pulling away and she gets to the side of him and comes right into him." - This proves she intentionally hit him.

Also from the article- "The motorcyclist and two other witnesses, who did not know each other, then followed Morales to her home in attempt to help identify her for police, Sampsell said."

It wasn't just the biker's word - 2 independent witnesses who did not know each other gave the same story as the biker. Which means - he was not on her property because the police say he was not on her property.
Key point in bold. Unrelated, to either the woman or the biker, witnesses saw the whole thing start to finish.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You make it sound like they (note it wasn't just the biker) followed her home for no discernable reason when it was a hit and run.

The people that followed her were on the phone with 911, she could have called 911 of driven to a police station but didn't (and we know why, hit and run).

So instead she goes home gets a gun and then rather than stay inside or call the cops goes outside and points it.

It's pretty obvious why charges have not been brought and why no jury in the world would convict this guy.

Bottom line, if she felt threatened then calling the police and not going outside after the people would be key considerations which she failed to do either of.

If this were some 30yo white dude it wouldn't even be discussed here, people make this emotional connection and then try to throw the actual law out the window.
Exactly. Instead every "news" report refers to her as a "pregnant librarian" as if that has any relevance in the story. Now...imaging if the biker had been black and done exactly the same thing-the same people attacking him, would be all over themselves defending him against the "racist, violent Karen".

Old 11-29-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well, we'll see how it plays out, but don't ignore that they had a gun too, and I think she had more right to stand her ground than they did. Right there... right then.
Um...leaving the security of your house, and attacking innocent people on a public roadway is not "standing your ground". It's assault.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:25 PM

6,672 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Key point in bold. Unrelated, to either the woman or the biker, witnesses saw the whole thing start to finish.
I am not making a claim on either side here , but just specifically looking at the bolded.

Ok, they didn't know each other. But they all followed her. Were they on Bikes too? So this biker got hit and two random bikers were there to see it and they all followed her? Were they part of the group of bikers? Same pack?

Just feeling a herd," looking out for their own" , sort of vibe from that line.

If they weren't and were just in sedans or something, then I wouldn't question it as much.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:27 PM

866 posts, read 319,994 times
Wow. 51 pages of arguing about this. The woman was stupid. The biker should have got the plates and given info to the police.

Just curious, are the only witnesses to the accident and the shooting all friends of the biker who shot the woman? Their statements could be 100% accurate or 100% bs.

If she actually drew her weapon then she sealed her own fate.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:32 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I don't know... that's a tactical decision based on facts I can't judge fully yet. None of us know what her choices really felt like. She's now dead. Personally I live a long ways out. If I had guys in my yard and I think they are approaching my house, I would not think the police will get there in time. I certainly wouldn't want to let them come IN my home. I'd rather confront them outside.

They certainly had more safe choices than she did.
She should have had some training. Running out into your driveway waving a handgun around is about the dumbest thing you can do. I would have already been in the attic with an AR trained without being seen. The rest of the family would have been grabbing backup rifles.

That's how you handle a mob, not some video game type approach. Ya don't "respawn" in real life. You dead you dead.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:41 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The woman called 911 and said she was being threatened. They followed her.. Maybe they blocked her in and she was so afraid she took off and tapped the bike to get away. I wasn't there , but the guy never hit the ground, he drove his bike to the house.

If she intentionally hit the bike , how would anyone know? She could have panicked and fled because of fear. She didn't shoot him. He shot her and he was holding a cell phone taling on it when he shot her...so how did he manage to go for his gun when holding his cell phone?
I posted earlier, using a quote from the story in the original post, that it was not him on the phone, but someone else.

Quote:
Before shots were fired, Morales yelled at the people who were outside her home that they were "three men" and "you followed me," according to a 911 call WESH published. Several shots are then heard being fired and the 911 operator asked, "What's that?"

The caller told the 911 operator that "a lady is shot" and that the "dude that got hit on the bike" was the one who shot her. When asked why he shot her, the caller said, "because she pulled a gun out on him."

Woman Shot, Killed After Aiming Gun at Biker She Intentionally Hit With Her Car: Police

Old 11-29-2021, 04:43 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hey, it isn't political.. what has Clara got to do with it. I have my own brain and don't let political garbage rule me.

If someone followed me home and they were angry , damn straight I would have a gun to protect myself. If you have a beef with me. Call the police . Let them straighten it out. Hoe did the guy talk on his cell phone and also go for his gun? He had the gun out on her already as he talked on the cell phone.
Would you stay in your house or run outside and point a gun at people? That's pretty much in summary what this is going to be about. All the he said she said about "tapping" motorcycles or hit and runs in fear mean nothing up to that point. End game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies