Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 10:28 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,233,652 times

Advertisements

I have worked 3-4 days a week for a decade and love it. I hate attempting to deal with stuff that requires "business hours" (banks, buying my home, utility companies visiting home, ect) when working 5 days a week because I have to take an entire day off just to get stuff done. And it's not like most people have a ton of leave time to burn up in the US as it is.

I would leave my current position if I had to change to 5 days a week honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 10:33 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,651 times
My mother, a retired nurse, worked three 12-hour shifts a week for many years, which was was great when I was young because she was home more. My daughter, a soon-to-be engineering graduate, has already signed up for a four-day workweek with her employer. She'll work ten hours M-Th with Fridays off. I'm not sure any of this needs to be legislated, but it's a great option.

Old 12-08-2021, 10:52 AM

21,922 posts, read 9,491,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
So they think it would be a GOOD thing for all working Americans to take a 20% pay cut? Because that would be the end result here.
Oh, no. Democrats would expect the pay to remain the same. Are you new?

Old 12-08-2021, 10:58 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eek/ar-AARzDfT ( rogressives in Congress are lining up behind a bill that would shrink a regular week of work from 40 hours to 32 — bringing the four-day work week to America.

The Congressional Progressive Caucus just endorsed the aptly named "32-Hour Workweek Act," according to a statement from Rep. Mark Takano, the Democrat representing California's 41st district. The caucus, comprised of nearly 100 legislators, is a key progressive voice and has made its power known during recent infrastructure negotiations) MY OP what a bunch of morons )
That is really funny because those in congress who support a four day work week already are on a four day work week.
I don't believe anyone could survive financially on 32 hour work week except those in Congress.

Old 12-08-2021, 11:26 AM

9,855 posts, read 4,630,527 times
4 8 hour days is an issue in itself. 4 10 hour days brings another set of issues making it tougher to pick up a second job or other activities based on a 8 hour day. And everyone assumes it will be 3 day weekends. I've worked at companies were they almost did it and as soon most found out it wouldn't lead to 3 day weekends game over.

Craming to much into 4 days a week to turn the third day off into a waste depending on what one does as well. Yes employees are important and should be treated as best as possible but most jobs have a purpose other than placating employees who are already getting paid for their work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies