Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2021, 08:57 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Then support this claim -

"NATO is already in Ukraine. Besides NATO instructors and advisors, the US creating NATO bases in Ukraine under guise of training centers. One of them is already in Nikolayev town. And NATO naval infrastructure is already being built in the port of Odessa."

Don't fall back on "Western media won't cover it" either. Show some credible evidence that this is true.
There are plenty of credible sources that reported about it, but all of them are labelled as "Kremlin's propaganda" by the western media. It's a very smart and mean tactics to say whatever is good for supporting our narrative and at the same time to label any source that debunking our narrative as 'Putin's propaganda'. So, what's the point if I will give you numerous links which are reporting this? You won't accept them anyway. They will be "Russian lies" or untrusted sources.
But! I personally have relatives in Ukraine and particular in Odessa, and I am informed of what's going on there much more than you and your 'credible evidence'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 09:09 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
There are plenty of credible sources that reported about it, but all of them are labelled as "Kremlin's propaganda" by the western media. It's a very smart and mean tactics to say whatever is good for supporting our narrative and at the same time to label any source that debunking our narrative as 'Putin's propaganda'. So, what's the point if I will give you numerous links which are reporting this? You won't accept them anyway. They will be "Russian lies" or untrusted sources.
Stop whining about how hard it is to get people to take your claims seriously. If you have something credible to support your claim then post it and leave it up to the reader to decide if its Kremlin propaganda or not. Have faith in your story ... or maybe it's just a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum
But! I personally have relatives in Ukraine and particular in Odessa, and I am informed of what's going on there much more than you and your 'credible evidence'.
Ok and here's the pitch. "I can't prove anything but trust me ... I know people." This is lame A.F. and I suspect so are you ... But here's one last chance. Post your evidence of NATO involvement in Ukraine, advisors and naval activity in Odessa. Allow the reader to decide - OR - we will have no alternative but to conclude that you are a lying Russian propagandist. I'm waiting for you to prove that last statement wrong.

Tick tock, Mr Wick. Tick tock.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Stop whining about how hard it is to get people to take your claims seriously. If you have something credible to support your claim then post it and leave it up to the reader to decide if its Kremlin propaganda or not. Have faith in your story ... or maybe it's just a story.

Ok and here's the pitch. "I can't prove anything but trust me ... I know people." This is lame A.F. and I suspect so are you ... But here's one last chance. Post your evidence of NATO involvement in Ukraine, advisors and naval activity in Odessa. Allow the reader to decide - OR - we will have no alternative but to conclude that you are a lying Russian propagandist. I'm waiting for you to prove that last statement wrong.

First of all, stop talking as a school bully, otherwise you can get your a** torn apart.
Second of all, I DO have relatives in Odessa (two cousins and their families)
And here is a link I have just quickly found for you.

https://tass.com/defense/1342817

Old 12-11-2021, 09:27 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
First of all, stop talking as a school bully, otherwise you can get your a** torn apart.
Second of all, I DO have relatives in Odessa (two cousins and their families)
And here is a link I have just quickly found for you.

https://tass.com/defense/1342817
First of all don't threaten people. Second, you cited Tass ... FFS you couldn't do any better than cite Russian state media? Third - 98% likely that you're just a Russian propagandist. My initial hunch was right and I just wasted a bunch of time giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:

Here is an old article from 2019 that clearly showed the US+NATO intentions, and it is now happening in Odessa.
https://breakingdefense.com/2019/07/...ican-warships/

Old 12-11-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
First of all don't threaten people. Second, you cited Tass ... FFS you couldn't do any better than cite Russian state media? Third - 98% likely that you're just a Russian propagandist. My initial hunch was right and I just wasted a bunch of time giving you the benefit of the doubt.
Yes, I know, and I said it before. All other sources that say against 'the truth' of the western BS media are propaganda. You are extremely biased as hell. You even can't think that Russian news agency will report things like they are. Russian state media is much more credible than CNN, MSNBC, Wash. Post, the BBC etc. combined. But I really can't say sorry for wasting your time. Because you wasted my time yourself with your ignorance and stubborn bias.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:07 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,520 times
Quote:

"NATO is already in Ukraine. Besides NATO instructors and advisors, the US creating NATO bases in Ukraine under guise of training centers. One of them is already in Nikolayev town. And NATO naval infrastructure is already being built in the port of Odessa."

Don't fall back on "Western media won't cover it" either. Show some credible evidence that this is true.
Would you trust US military with this?
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/flor...sian-invasion/

How dare they to not fit your narrative, right?

Old 12-12-2021, 12:40 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:

US forces are there for trianers, they train Ukrainian forces on what the US has sent, and has been training components of their military, I perosnnally know someone who was there.

"But there are more than 150 U.S. military advisers in Ukraine, a combination of U.S. Special Forces and National Guard, currently the Florida National Guard’s 53rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, according to two U.S. Defense Department officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive troop deployments. About a dozen other NATO countries also have military advisers in Ukraine now, the officials said."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/09/w...-invasion.html

Also: https://breakingdefense.com/2019/07/...ican-warships/

"the US is upgrading several Ukrainian naval bases to give American and NATO warships the ability to dock just miles from Russia-controlled Crimea."

"Centered at the Ochakiv Naval Base and the military facility at Mykolaiv — 40 miles east of Odessa and less than 100 northwest of Crimea — the American-funded effort includes reinforcing and upgrading existing piers and adding a new floating dock, security fencing around the bases, ship repair facilities, and a pair of brand-new Maritime Operations Centers from which Ukrainian and NATO forces can direct exercises and coordinate activities."

Old 12-12-2021, 01:13 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Putin is a dictator and he is friendly with the Oligarchs. Furthermore Russia has extreme income inequality (like the US).
And? Putin has to be strategically friendly, or they will oust him. it is a relationship; they stay out of his affairs of the state unless invited, and he stays out of their affairs and provide protection. Any oligarch that violates this is dealt with, as we have seen.

Quote:
But Americans seem to think Russia is like in the movie Die Hard. They think Moscow is a bunch of rundown commie blocks with a perpetual grey overcast.
Eh, the rank and file of any country has usually lack of knowledge about other countries, hence why they are not involve din policy other than via voting.

Quote:
That was true in the 1990s but not anymore. Moscow is a developed global city like London or New York. The Russian military has advanced air fighters and ground troops.
Moscow for hundreds of years has been a "global" city, ever Peter the Great could not shake this with his fondness of St. Petersburg and there after.

Yes, Russia has this, has that, but their weakness is how they are, dating back to tsar times, in that they like to only give good news up the chain of command, and the chain only wants to hear it. Culture of fear in reporting the truth. That plays into their god awful quality control.

Quote:
Yes their Navy is a few decades behind and the M1 Abrams is better than the standard Russian tank but they also have state of the art tech and robotics. They tested their first hypersonic missile in 2018, before China or the US.
Cannot really compare this stuff because they are for different roles. Russia via the USSR, was never about projecting power the way the US was, hence no carriers, the carriers they did have were essentially cruisers with a flat top, used for protecting submarines after missile launches, near the Soviet coast.

No doubt though, Russian equipment is formable if trained to use it. Russian equipment is also for defense/operations in Russia, the environment and support. The US spends billions a year knowing Russian forces are in fact a formable force.

Quote:
Their economy is also not the size of Italy. Jake Tapper jokes on his program that Russia's economy is smaller than Italy but this is misleading. Russia had a larger economy before the Ruble tanked. If the Ruble were to shoot up vs. the dollar everything would change.
PPP, Russian economy is not bad, though with its resources, should be right behind the US in all aspects, but hey, corruption.

Where Russia's economic secret is its huge black market economy, something even Western/US economists, let alone the rank and file citizen, cannot seem to understand.

Quote:
That is because the ranking of Russia below Italy comes from Nominal GDP. But if we use GDP PPP Russia is the world's fifth largest economy. It also has the lowest external debt to GDP ratio in the world.
Yes, PPP is the measure that should be always used in this regards.

Quote:
So yeah their economy is smaller but it is more stable than the US economy and less prone to fluctuation. They have a larger foriegn reserves holding, and more untapped economic resources.
I not know about that, Russia is going through a tough phase right now, purchasing power has dropped, pensions cut, etc. People are not too thrilled things getting hard there, yet Russia throws billions of dollars towards Crimea.

Quote:
American media still mocks Russia because everyone here is stuck in the 1990s when people saw Russia as a heaping pile atop the ruins of the USSR. But it is not the 90s anymore, wake up.
Eh, the rank and file US citizen has poor knowledge of countries. look how they view the USSR, they forever view it as it was under Stalin in the 1930's, that would be like someone viewing the US as always as it was in the 1830's, slavery and all.

They also cannot rap their head around the differences between the 90's and now, and how that plays into why Putin is still in power.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:17 AM

24,635 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The US Army, Marines, Navy, and Air Force have been battle tested for the last 20 years. My money is on them.
The Taliban defeated us in laughable fashion. And the Russians (Soviet Union)

My money is not on Biden. We were also defeated by the Vietcong and North Koreans.

We are far from battle tested in war. But our retreats, withdrawals, surrenders, and peace treaties are top notch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies