Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 05:59 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,843,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So why that war lasted like.. several days only, if the so-called "Russian invasion" clearly demonstrated... whatever you are saying?
Wasn't Georgian army beefed up by American supplies?
That war lasted only a few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 05:59 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
What a nonsense! This is what the BBC reports you 24/7/365. But the reality is completely different.
The Georgian army was trained by NATO military instructors and equipped with NATO weapons. But the Russian army not only stopped the Georgian war crime, but also forced them to flee. And all this happened in 2-3 hours. The complete destruction of ISIS clearly demonstrated the whole world how powerful and modern the Russian army is. No country could destroy ISIS, except Russia.
Georgia war shows Russian army strong but flawed - Reuters (2008)

As for the Russian armed forces, they were reformed following Georgia, although much of the equipment held in reserve is still old cold war equipment.

Russian Ground Forces - Equipment Summary - Wikipedia

In terms of the Russian Army it has since WW2 always had a large tank force and impressive missile and artillery units.

However warfare is changing, and many see the tank as becoming outdated and even obsolete in an age when unseen UAV's can take out targets such as large MBT's from the sky.

As for artillery, tactical battlefield nuclear weapons are back on the agenda, making the possibility of war even more deadly, and I am fairly sure Russia does not want a war, especially with NATO.

Dominic Cummings is right – tanks are hopelessly outdated in modern warfare - Reaction (2020)

Last edited by Brave New World; 12-10-2021 at 06:17 AM..

Old 12-10-2021, 06:01 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,884,531 times
Putin isn't afraid of dementia Joe.

Old 12-10-2021, 06:09 AM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Putin isn't afraid of dementia Joe.

Well let's be honest/clear here;
who/what is he afraid of?

Old 12-10-2021, 06:20 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Russian invasion of Georgia in 2008 clearly demonstrated how outdated the Russian forces were.

Communications equipment didn't work and there were problems with vehicles and the supply chain.

The Russians have sought to improve there ground forces since then, although I don't believe a lot of what Putin and the Kremlin tried to feed the Russian media and public in terms of weapon capabilities.

As for NATO, I wouldn't underestimate it, as it's the most advanced military oraganisation in the world and collectively spent $1.2 Trillion on defence in 2021.

They ended up with South Ossetia anyway , and another case of an "invasion" where the people wanted to be invaded, Western countries like to draw lines, arbitrarily lump Nepal and Kazakhstan together and call it Rhodesia . It does not reflect the reality of what makes a functional nation. When mommy and daddy divorce, sometimes the kids will kill each other. That's what happens when large central governments collapse. Ossetians have a long history with Russians and a long history of not getting along with Georgians.

its also interesting how a Western sponsored color revolution completely failing is classified you as an example of a Russian failure. The US communications worked to your satisfaction in Afghanistan I take it ?

The only thing I agree with is if NATO did bring all its forces to bare on Russia, it would not go well for them. The problem is there is no rational interest for any Western citizen. Its clearly a special interest project of Western Oligarchs. Go ahead I say. Buy up some military surplus and drive the tank yourself I say.

Old 12-10-2021, 06:37 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Obama and biden have turned over their lunch money to Putin.

Fearing Putin's bluster might hide a somewhat diminished military force, Obama handed Putin 20% of our uranium supply, Obama even defended Putin in a presidential debate and whispered sweet nothings in Mendeleev's ear for Putin. Obama renegged on sending defensive missiles to Poland because it displeased Putin, gave Putin a chance for a foothold in Syria by not crossing his redline, Hillary even gifted Russia with a little red plastic button with a misspelled message. Obama even named his cabinet heads CZARS to honor Putin.

After Obiden became Biden, Putin was given his greatest gift, a money making operation to finance his dreams, a Euro energy franchise. A key part of Putin's strategy to take the Ukraine. Pipeline ran through Ukraine, if war broke out his cash earning pipeline would be shut off. So reroute thru Germany to the 'sell your souls for profit and warmth' Euro countries, then invade Ukraine in the winter.

Putin doesn't need updated arms and crack troops take Ukraine. Biden will channel his best neville chamberlain and say don't do it again or else we will reward you further, euros will gather 6 months after Russia invades and issue a statement of outrage and indignation. Putin invades Obama/biden sends food and blankets. Knowing obama was stronger than biden, Putin hopes Biden will send blankets and not the food when he invades this time.

Putin only sees an upside to invading Ukraine noting the US will do nothing and europe will never, ever stand up to him. All putin has to fear is a tongue lashing from the west, no high tech armaments or elite fighters.
Putin says, so we don't invade, let's give the impression we will and reap the gifts Biden is about to provide us.

Didn't know my Polish grandfather, did know he hated the Russians. That sentiment carries over to today not to the people but the government that dominates the people and threatens its neighbors.

Old 12-10-2021, 06:44 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
They ended up with South Ossetia anyway , and another case of an "invasion" where the people wanted to be invaded, Western countries like to draw lines, arbitrarily lump Nepal and Kazakhstan together and call it Rhodesia . It does not reflect the reality of what makes a functional nation. When mommy and daddy divorce, sometimes the kids will kill each other. That's what happens when large central governments collapse. Ossetians have a long history with Russians and a long history of not getting along with Georgians.

its also interesting how a Western sponsored color revolution completely failing is classified you as an example of a Russian failure. The US communications worked to your satisfaction in Afghanistan I take it ?

The only thing I agree with is if NATO did bring all its forces to bare on Russia, it would not go well for them. The problem is there is no rational interest for any Western citizen. Its clearly a special interest project of Western Oligarchs. Go ahead I say. Buy up some military surplus and drive the tank yourself I say.

In terms of Georgia, I was merely pointing out the military problems rather than the causes, and in terms of Afghanistan, there has traditionally not been a lot to gain from invading it, and it merely becomes a worthless exercise in peacekeeping against Islamic forces and the Russians made the same mistake as the west in this respect. Although the west made a real mess of what was becoming a fairly successful peacekeeping operation by pulling out in such a haphazard and disorganised way, but that was largely down to Biden.

As for Russia and NATO, I don't think either side underestimates the other and any full on war between the two could result in mutually assured destruction and the end of our current civilisation.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:06 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

In terms of Georgia, I was merely pointing out the military problems rather than the causes, and in terms of Afghanistan, there has traditionally not been a lot to gain from invading it, and it merely becomes a worthless exercise in peacekeeping against Islamic forces and the Russians made the same mistake as the west in this respect. Although the west made a real mess of what was becoming a fairly successful peacekeeping operation by pulling out in such a haphazard and disorganised way, but that was largely down to Biden.

As for Russia and NATO, I don't think either side underestimates the other and any full on war between the two could result in mutually assured destruction and the end of our current civilisation.

Then we largely agree. Every time one puts a US front line military up against another, it says nothing about the army of logistical support behind the US contingent , and not behind the counter part.

Old 12-10-2021, 11:38 AM

2,520 posts, read 1,302,775 times
When Putin took Crimea, it seems not a single shot was fired.

Civilian supporters surrounded Ukrainian military bases and persuaded soldiers to become Russian soldiers.

I see only 1 woman who protested against Russians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNKsLlK52ss

Old 12-10-2021, 11:56 AM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama and biden have turned over their lunch money to Putin.

Fearing Putin's bluster might hide a somewhat diminished military force, Obama handed Putin 20% of our uranium supply, Obama even defended Putin in a presidential debate and whispered sweet nothings in Mendeleev's ear for Putin. Obama renegged on sending defensive missiles to Poland because it displeased Putin, gave Putin a chance for a foothold in Syria by not crossing his redline, Hillary even gifted Russia with a little red plastic button with a misspelled message. Obama even named his cabinet heads CZARS to honor Putin.

After Obiden became Biden, Putin was given his greatest gift, a money making operation to finance his dreams, a Euro energy franchise. A key part of Putin's strategy to take the Ukraine. Pipeline ran through Ukraine, if war broke out his cash earning pipeline would be shut off. So reroute thru Germany to the 'sell your souls for profit and warmth' Euro countries, then invade Ukraine in the winter.

Putin doesn't need updated arms and crack troops take Ukraine. Biden will channel his best neville chamberlain and say don't do it again or else we will reward you further, euros will gather 6 months after Russia invades and issue a statement of outrage and indignation. Putin invades Obama/biden sends food and blankets. Knowing obama was stronger than biden, Putin hopes Biden will send blankets and not the food when he invades this time.

Putin only sees an upside to invading Ukraine noting the US will do nothing and europe will never, ever stand up to him. All putin has to fear is a tongue lashing from the west, no high tech armaments or elite fighters.
Putin says, so we don't invade, let's give the impression we will and reap the gifts Biden is about to provide us.

Didn't know my Polish grandfather, did know he hated the Russians. That sentiment carries over to today not to the people but the government that dominates the people and threatens its neighbors.

See, ( speaking of today's crisis);
One has to be careful when hiring a political adviser, whose main life's goal was to bring the centuries old conflict of the Old World to America. And that is the insatiable desire to unleash the revenge on Russia.
(And yes, that's what was driving Zbigniew Brzezinski who was Polish first and utmost, when he was working in capacity of political adviser to a number of American presidents.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies