Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 04:23 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Suspects are not required to answer that question. Florida can't just send suspected criminals willy nilly all over the country. Desantis is an attention seeking idiot.
The idiots are Biden and Harris and those that support open borders, by allowing the border crisis to spiral out of control.

However the arresting agency can ask any question(s) they want. Most people have some form of ID on them. False ID is commonly produced. When illegal immigrants produce their ACLU card that is often a red flag that will produce further inquiry. Typically a summons is issued for loitering... and then the 'system' kicks in. The rest is easy.

The cat and mouse game is at US taxpayers expense and needs to end. Wise up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 04:32 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The idiots are Biden and Harris and those that support open borders, by allowing the border crisis to spiral out of control.

However the arresting agency can ask any question(s) they want. Most people have some form of ID on them. False ID is commonly produced. When illegal immigrants produce their ACLU card that is often a red flag that will produce further inquiry. Typically a summons is issued for loitering... and then the 'system' kicks in. The rest is easy.

The cat and mouse game is at US taxpayers expense and needs to end. Wise up.
You already forgot that border crises happened under Trump too?

Old 12-15-2021, 04:45 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
While the border has always been a problem... it wasn't a crisis until now. You realize that more illegal immigrants have crossed within the given time frame, then ever before... right?

No one can deny this is a created crisis that didn't have to happen if the remain in Mexico policy had not been lifted. The courts have now reinstated the policy for good reason... I might add.

Old 12-15-2021, 06:46 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
you don't believe that someone stopped by the police has to provide ID or they are subject to a violation?
ID doesn't mean a government issued ID. In Texas, I have to provide my name and address and birth date for ID, and only if I am arrested. That's it. I only have to show a government issued ID if I am operating a motor vehicle. Is Florida one of those authoritarian places that forces everyone to carry a government ID?

Old 12-15-2021, 06:53 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
how much reform happened in Cuba during Obama's normalization?

And the actual question was about Cuban refugees to the US. AFAIK, before Obama, Cuban refugees were welcome in the US. They were fleeing a communist regime. AFAIK, before Jan 20, 2021, they were also welcome to escape to the US.

But we know that Biden has stopped that. Yes?

I mean, speaking out against Cuban communism and authoritarianism - which is real, not the leftist cries against Trump - political persecution and fear for life. That IS the definition of asylum, right?
You anti-Cuba types are complete idiots. If 60 years of sanctions didn't effect regime change, and only made life difficult for Cubans, it's time to do something else.

Cubans fleeing Cuba were economic refugees. Every last one should have been deported back to Cuba. Every. Last. One. But no, we had to absorb a whole pile of useless Spanish speakers who didn't assimilate and provided no benefit to this country, while taking jobs from Americans. See how easy that is?

Old 12-15-2021, 07:53 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Not to the extent as under Biden. Trump at least took steps to curb it and discourage it via building good walls and implementing the "wait in Mexico" policy. Biden did away with all of that so we had a record of foreigners trying to cross our border. Where have you been not to know this?

Old 12-15-2021, 07:59 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, folks simply need to come here legally, not illegally…but for folks that think they should be able to come here and get a free ride, it’s interesting how these folks don’t volunteer to take these folks in and help get them on their feet, versus spending an exorbitant amount of taxpayers money…and what’s interesting is that with more folks sitting on the couch results in less tax revenue, which results in borrowing and printing money causing even higher inflation.

There’s already plenty of folks here that are mentally and/or physically unable to work, and they should be helped first.
Typical race card puling by that poster you replied to, to deflect away from the fact that what we are talking about are Spanish speakers and others here illegally, not legally! They make me sick with their false accusations to cover up their own racism! They are usually of the same ethnicity as these illegals or have ties to them.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:13 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
You anti-Cuba types are complete idiots. If 60 years of sanctions didn't effect regime change, and only made life difficult for Cubans, it's time to do something else.

Cubans fleeing Cuba were economic refugees. Every last one should have been deported back to Cuba. Every. Last. One. But no, we had to absorb a whole pile of useless Spanish speakers who didn't assimilate and provided no benefit to this country, while taking jobs from Americans. See how easy that is?
They vote Republican in Florida so there was never any pressure to do anything with them. In fact, the safest way to immigrate legally or illegally directly to Florida is:

1. Come to South Florida
2. Donate and involve yourself with conservative political groups
3. Be the loudest supporter of whoever the local guy is and any Republican politician that comes to town
4. If you have money donate it, many that come to South Florida have money again legally or illegally

You will be taking pictures in Mar-a-logo with the big-time Republican donors and politicians within 1 year. You will never get deported.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:17 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Do you know why the border crisis happened? Do you know how much worse the influx of border jumpers was in 2021 than Trump's worst year?

Old 12-15-2021, 08:26 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
ID doesn't mean a government issued ID. In Texas, I have to provide my name and address and birth date for ID, and only if I am arrested. That's it. I only have to show a government issued ID if I am operating a motor vehicle. Is Florida one of those authoritarian places that forces everyone to carry a government ID?
I can't speak to FL laws because I don't live there. And thankfully, my only encounters with police involve traffic citations.

And it's obvious that the Feds aren't requiring much ID of "minors" at least, since a 24 year old slipped past them as a minor before brutally killing someone in FL. Certainly, one of the valid criticisms of the Trump era was failure to keep tabs on the whereabouts of children in their custody, and their parents when they crossed together.

Perhaps you know the process (Or Du Ma will help) for when an undocumented (to include your asylum claimers) presents themselves at a checkpoint, or when they're 8x more likely apprehended at the border. Especially anytime they are released into the country. God one hopes they're not just written down as whatever name and info they choose to give before shipping them off to various points in the wee hours of the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies