Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 08:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
While I don’t agree with a school holding exclusionary events, at least in this poster’s case they held it at a restaurant and not on public, tax payer funded property. I understand that people self segregate, but do that stuff at private properties or establishments and not on public property.

Weird that people think this is cool, given all of the division in our society as it is. Is this progress?
How is it not progress if people meet and combine intellects to solve whatever they perceive to be their problems?

Conservatives are always blaming minority parents for not being involved in their children's educations.

Here you have minority parents engaging with the school system in the education of their children.

Why is that a problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 08:36 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Hmmm.........dont think anyone at the school is confused. There is no outrage that I am aware of coming from the community in question.

Outside agitators are the ones stirring the pot for a reason that has nothing to do with segregation or racism.

Educate yourself about the pot stirrers.
There actually are parents in the Denver school community who are fed up with this kind of thing.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:37 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There actually are parents in the Denver school community who are fed up with this kind of thing.
Parents in this school.

Show me the evidence of that.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:41 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
You lose a lot of credibility when you claim that sexism and racism aren't equal.........at least in my book.
Nice try. I made no such claim. I am pointing out that in a thread about Racism, people seem to want to hijack it with Sexism. Seems White women want to hijack Minority racism with it,..lol.

When I say Mom's night is cute, You are the one saying it is sexism, not me. To any normal human who understand the intent and thought and can discern when real hate is implied it isn't a problem.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Parents in this school.

Show me the evidence of that.
There is evidence in one of the articles shared.

I personally think about how my kids would feel if I drove them to their school and they saw the sign talking about POC playground night and then asking me about why their school was planning a fun night for their friends and excluding them. If it was inclusive it would not mention race.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:43 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
How is it not progress if people meet and combine intellects to solve whatever they perceive to be their problems?

Conservatives are always blaming minority parents for not being involved in their children's educations.

Here you have minority parents engaging with the school system in the education of their children.

Why is that a problem?
You're advocating for racial advocacy groups. So Hispanics get together to discuss how to improve their races collective average. Whites will naturally want to do the same. Why settle for equality? Every race will want to improve their collective score, because obviously that's in the interest of their race.

This is what you're supporting, so own it.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Nice try. I made no such claim. I am pointing out that in a thread about Racism, people seem to want to hijack it with Sexism. Seems White women want to hijack Minority racism with it,..lol.

When I say Mom's night is cute, You are the one saying it is sexism, not me. To any normal human who understand the intent and thought and can discern when real hate is implied it isn't a problem.
Your observation seems accurate, they don’t want to admit that it’s just as messed up to have a person of color playground night as it would be to have a white playground night. Deflecting is easier for some than actually thinking this through and recognizing it for what it is.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:48 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
We have South Asian and East Asian playgrounds in certain communities of California: they are usual right next to math tutoring centers.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
We have South Asian and East Asian playgrounds in certain communities of California: they are usual right next to math tutoring centers.
Stands to reason.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:54 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,977,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
No one is saying that. Just pointing out that people hold these types of events and it’s interesting where/when the offense come in. People aren’t offended at the moms group because they understand the experiences of mothers. Someone could make the same argument for people of color. Not that I agree but they very well could.
I think a previous poster mentioned where the offense may come from, I mean aside from some perceived hypocritical standard of equality . In that, they wouldn't have as much ground to stand on if this took place off school grounds, right?

I won't stop them, if they are all agreeing to it. I just think it is unnecessary to word it as such, like you said.
Especially since it is open to All anyway.

Is it presupposed that any event, unless noted is for White people? At a school with a large amount of non-whites?! Seeing those other threads about CRt making whites feel guilty, then I see this that, if it were me, would make me feel ashamed and called out( being non-white), makes me wonder who is benefiting here on either side.

Last edited by naicha; 12-15-2021 at 09:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies