Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 11:55 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post

I'd be completely furious if I was a student paying regular price tuition for this panicky BS.
Yeah, but it’s Cornell. No doubt those students are fully on board with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 11:55 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
It's not like they're paying anyways, it's the parents.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:56 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,795,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It's not like they're paying anyways, it's the parents.
More like the US taxpayer....there's a ton of federal financial aid money going to colleges.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:56 AM

25,776 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Unvaxxed and vulnerable - prepare to meet your maker.
If you are concerned that a 0.14% morality-rate disease is going to cause you to "meet your maker" with any more than a 0.14% chance, I would suspect there is a psychological problem that needs to be addressed. You are in more danger DRIVING DOWN THE FREEWAY! For God's sakes, you have a 25% chance of dying of cancer or heart disease. Why doesn't that cause you to chew your fingernails off?

Besides, you'll meet your maker just like all the rest of us when the time comes, whether you have become a junkie or not. Doesn't matter if you get a fix every other day, you'll still "meet your maker." No avoiding it.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:57 AM

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Hahaha!! Did you miss the sentence where they said the vast majority of the students are fully vaccinated and some even boosted?

The “vaccines” don’t work unless you’re old and/or have comorbidities. If you’re healthy and young - in other words, a college student - Covid doesn’t (except in rare cases) give you severe illness regardless of whether you got the shot or not, so how do you come up with ‘lessens severity’ for these kids?

Our school district just put out a reminder for masks and distancing because “cases are rising”. Then at the end of the letter they listed symptoms. Nothing worse than the cold that goes around every winter (even before Omicron), and illness lasting an average of two to three days. Oooooh, scary!!!
Hahaha! Did you miss the part where they said that no vaccinated or had a prior infection is getting more than a minor case? That is why. We don't know what is going to happen to the unvaccinated yet, but there is no reason to think this variant will be any milder in them. The joke's on the unvaccinated. Too late now. Hahaha.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:02 PM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yeah those Ivy League kids are a bunch of morons. If only they’d be smart and listen to Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:03 PM

7,385 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I think we should all wear personal protective bubbles with a breathing tube and trap door for the lower region so that you can take care of business. That way, we will be sure.
no no no, the left dont want the lower regions obstructed. covid doesn’t exist in the genitals or for random hookups on grindr or tinder.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:06 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
The vaccines were to help reduce SEVERE infection or hospitalizations, never were to stop all infections. I understood this as a medical professional but the messaging to the public was horrible on rollout back in 2020.
The message is still messed up.

I heard one of the holy doctors on the news this morning say that the vaccine prevents transmission. Pretty sure that has been proven false as well.

I get that it takes awhile to get all the information straight on the full effects of the vaccine and certainly on each variant - but the push to mandate vaccines and the demonization of those who choose to NOT get this vaccine says much about the type of people in this world. SMH

Old 12-15-2021, 12:06 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yeah those Ivy League kids are a bunch of morons. If only they’d be smart and listen to Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson.
Really missed my point but way to get in a cheap shot I guess.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:09 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
The vaccines were to help reduce SEVERE infection or hospitalizations, never were to stop all infections. I understood this as a medical professional but the messaging to the public was horrible on rollout back in 2020.

I get why people are confused. You still see people in the media (both sides) explaining this wrong, although it's usually on purpose, in order to make some point that backs whatever political leanings they have.
Actually this is what happened after months of being told breakthroughs are extremely rare, the vaccines are working even better than expected etc. I understand they were super new so information would change as we went along. This is exactly why young healthy people should not be pushed and especially FORCED to get it. Persoanlly the primary reason i got the vax was because of my grandparents. By the time I got it I knew it was good as preventing severe infection as you said, but didn't know how long that would last for. If it wasn't for my grandparents I probably wouldn't have gotten it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies