Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 06:36 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't need to worry. I'm boosted. It is the unvaxxed fatties and alkies and smokers and boomers that the omicron will be taking home to Jesus. In Fauci We Trust!
Then why are the 97% so worried they felt the need to shut things down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 06:38 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
The UK is urging everyone to get the booster asap. Omicron infections are doubling every two days--used to double every five days. No one knows--it could turn into something worse but it's bad enough that so many people are sick at the same time.

The UK man who died with Covid, did not die FROM Covid--he went to the hospital for something else but they tend to downplay that fact because they want everyone to get the booster, and rightfully so. Many people are sick from the Omicron and they want to preserve Christmas holidays without everyone sick. They want to keep the economy open and not wreck the economy with so many sick people. No one knows yet if Omicron will become serious like Delta but they are trying to play it safe.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:13 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,082,509 times
So wait,
You have a booster that will protect you from omicron?
I didn’t realize that was possible.
Are you special?

Old 12-15-2021, 07:16 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The UK is urging everyone to get the booster asap. Omicron infections are doubling every two days--used to double every five days. No one knows--it could turn into something worse but it's bad enough that so many people are sick at the same time.

The UK man who died with Covid, did not die FROM Covid--he went to the hospital for something else but they tend to downplay that fact because they want everyone to get the booster, and rightfully so. Many people are sick from the Omicron and they want to preserve Christmas holidays without everyone sick. They want to keep the economy open and not wreck the economy with so many sick people. No one knows yet if Omicron will become serious like Delta but they are trying to play it safe.
The UK is (according to Google) 69.9% fully vaxxed.

Today they reported their highest number of cases ever.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:19 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Then why are the 97% so worried they felt the need to shut things down?
I don't know. I guess they are worried about the unvaccinated getting severe cases and dying. They should not be shutting down anything because of these losers. Let omicron get them.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:20 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't know. I guess they are worried about the unvaccinated getting severe cases and dying. They should not be shutting down anything because of these losers. Let omicron get them.
There is something really wrong with you.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
There is something really wrong with you.
I'm fine. There is something wrong with people who refuse vaccination. We have to stop kowtowing to them, worrying about their feelings. Actions have consequences. It is too late for them to get vaccinated now, so the only hope they have is that this omicron turns out to be less virulent than delta.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:49 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,341,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I also read Omicron is doubling every two days, and I also read 3% of all new infections in the US is Omicron. It's probably higher than that, but for arguments sake lets say 3% of infections in the US is Omicron right now.

So that would mean on:

Dec. 17th 6% of infections in the US will be Omicron
Dec. 19th 12% of infections in the US will be Omicron
Dec. 21st 24% of infections in the US will be Omicron
Dec. 23rd 48% of infections in the US will be Omicron
Dec. 25th (Merry Christmas!) 96% of infections in the US will be Omicron

Will 96% of all cornholio infections in the US really be Omicron on Christmas day, that would be amazing if that did happen?

Old 12-15-2021, 07:52 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
The UK has 78,610 new cases today, by far the most of the pandemic.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Old 12-15-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I also read Omicron is doubling every two days, and I also read 3% of all new infections in the US is Omicron. It's probably higher than that, but for arguments sake lets say 3% of infections in the US is Omicron right now.

So that would mean on:

Dec. 17th 6% of infections in the US will be Omicron
Dec. 19th 12% of infections in the US will be Omicron
Dec. 21st 24% of infections in the US will be Omicron
Dec. 23rd 48% of infections in the US will be Omicron
Dec. 25th (Merry Christmas!) 96% of infections in the US will be Omicron

Will 96% of all cornholio infections in the US really be Omicron on Christmas day, that would be amazing if that did happen?
Given the tendency of workers today to call out sick for a hangnail, that kind of spread will crash the economy regardless of any so-called lockdowns that might be ordered.

I was watching ESPN go on about potential super bowl matchups and thinking with the NFLs current protocols, there won't be a Super Bowl because most of the players will have a positive test and quarantine during playoff time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies