Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 09:05 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Meh. We've all been or will be exposed. Fear life is NO life.
People who get vaccinated or wear masks are not living in fear. They get information about developing threats to their health and how best to address them from reputable sources. Then they take action to minimize those risks. People who refuse vaccination for political reasons are engaging in self-defeating, not courageous, behavior. 150,000 unvaccinated people died of covid since June of this year. Almost all of those deaths were preventable. That is not bravery; it is stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 09:05 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,085,920 times
It looks as if this omicron is a weak variant.
From what I have read I believe it is.

I also believe we should maintain caution by keeping up with our personal situation.
Distancing, supplements, exercise, diet and the rest of our own personal responsibilities.

This is not a time to become stressed or have tension from fear.
Fear is not healthy.

Those that appear giddy about that people might/will be dying really need to check themselves.
Maybe spend some time thinking about that.
It might be due to being uncontrollably nervous from fear but it sure looks ugly and makes things worse socially.

We got this.
The emergency is over.
This will soon pass and go a lot smoother if we are not divided.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:14 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,347,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You don't know anything about me. I am fed up with unvaccinated people who have been putting our health care workers through hell and prolonging our national misery. Damn straight. To hell with them. And I am right. What I don't know I freely admit and that is how bad this is going to be in unvaccinated people. There just are not enough of them and enough of them who have health problems yet to draw any conclusions. I am sympathetic to people who have autoimmune conditions and especially children who can't be vaccinated. The people who are putting them in harm's way are the ones who won't get vaccinated although at this point, it probably no longer matters as only boostered people are going to avoid infection - and that will only be temporary.

No -- I don't know anything about you. But your rants/logic(?) sound like something from an adolescent who seeks to "cherry-pick' the facts and data to suit his/her own preconceived opinions. There will, as always, be individuals who can't be vaccinated, or are at greater risk of side effects. And there are groups with sufficient numbers (Consider, for example, the Amish here in Pennsylvania) that you will never attain your goal of forcing your thinking on everyone.

Quote:
To hell with them. And I am right.
Thank you for putting your latter-day Nazi viewpoint out there in plain sight.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:17 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,607 times
Quote:
People who get vaccinated or wear masks are not living in fear. They get information about developing threats to their health and how best to address them from reputable sources. Then they take action to minimize those risks. People who refuse vaccination for political reasons are engaging in self-defeating, not courageous, behavior. 150,000 unvaccinated people died of covid since June of this year. Almost all of those deaths were preventable. That is not bravery; it is stupidity.
No one refuses a vaccine for 'political reasons.' That is a talking point from a particular establishment narrative, not reality.

They've controversialized and politicized freedom and bodily sovereignty. Those are not political ideas, but rights that every human is born with.

The only reason someone has to give for declining a medical injection is "no."

Old 12-16-2021, 11:10 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You obviously are either not paying attention or don't want to see what you don't want to see. The deep blue states are seeing their winter surge start and hospitals are just beginning to get overwhelmed again.

As COVID cases rise in the region, hospitals reaching near capacity

Covid Crisis Threatens Holiday Season as U.S. Hospitals Overflow. Doctors and nurses say they’re exhausted, frustrated and few. Months of vaccination campaigns haven’t been sufficient

New COVID-19 Hospitalization Record

More people have died of Covid on Brandon's watch and that's with all the knowledge we have now, all the vaccines and all the therapeutics.

But I get it. Politics first, lives last.
Yes indeed the northern states are seeing the surge now that the southern states did in Florida.

But it isn't at the same level as it was last year.

Here's New York -- not nearlya t the level it was a year ago. Sure some areas may see close to capacity -- but a year ago over capacity.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/da...zation-summary

And yes -- so unfortunate that so many states refused to promote masks, social distancing, vaccines and they saw their death rates increase.

Florida's 7 day average deaths peaked at 236 last year and rose to 425 this summer. Are you telling me that's Biden's fault? Really -- so when Florida's rate goes down it is because of DeSantis and when it goes up it is because of Biden?

Old 12-16-2021, 11:29 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,771,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes indeed the northern states are seeing the surge now that the southern states did in Florida.

But it isn't at the same level as it was last year.

Here's New York -- not nearlya t the level it was a year ago. Sure some areas may see close to capacity -- but a year ago over capacity.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/da...zation-summary

And yes -- so unfortunate that so many states refused to promote masks, social distancing, vaccines and they saw their death rates increase.

Florida's 7 day average deaths peaked at 236 last year and rose to 425 this summer. Are you telling me that's Biden's fault? Really -- so when Florida's rate goes down it is because of DeSantis and when it goes up it is because of Biden?
You miss the point. The Democrat run deep blue states are just starting the big surge now and many hospitals are already at or over capacity. It's just starting. It's going to get much worse for them, as it does in the winter for them and does in the summer for warmer southern states.

If it's this bad now, imagine how bad it will be coming up with the massive spread among triple vaccinated and unvaccinated alike in these Democrat run blue states.

There have already been more Covid deaths on Biden's watch with all the vaccines and therapies than on the previous President's watch with no vaccines until December and fewer therapies. No sign of this ending anytime soon.

Biden has been a complete failure on Covid from what he promised. We must hold Biden to the same standard as anyone else. He has the most deaths.

I'm watching all kinds of sporting events and concerts inside in the Democrat run blue states with high Covid cases. No masks or social distancing to be found anywhere. You can stop blaming only Republicans. The facts and the video are not backing up your point of view.

Old 12-16-2021, 11:55 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,079,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It's been said a million times but some people just refuse to listen. It's always about making a political point.

Vaccines are meant to reduce the severity of the disease, not prevent it.
Only since 2021.

Prior to 2021, a vaccine was administered to prevent disease, going back three centuries.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:05 PM

57,334 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
These colleges are falling in line like dominos with closures and booster mandates.

Why aren't more people upset that they broke the clear social contract by which students got vaccinated? Many low risk college kids----especially those who already had Covid---weren't going to get the shots until they were coerced to, a clear violation of human rights (reminder: never negotiate with abusers).

It doesn't make sense to inject young adults of reproductive age--our future work force--with shots that have serious risks and no long term safety data.

Yet they mandated them with promises of "it is the only way to get back to NORMAL." Well, they didn't keep that promise for one second, as they mandated masks and other restrictions. And now closures.

Given this betrayal, why are people taking the boosters? Why do people continue to enroll in colleges?

Seems like this whole Covid situation involves the public being bullied and forced into increasing levels of risk and suffering based on the OCD-like contagion fears of our ruling class. Who somehow make themselves exempt from shot mandates and never miss a paycheck. They also don't obey their own mask rules that well.
What is the social contract, they never stated that those vaccinated couldn't carry the virus besides the fact that they have never seen the Omicron Variant before. They never, ever promised a perfect world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You miss the point. The Democrat run deep blue states are just starting the big surge now and many hospitals are already at or over capacity. It's just starting. It's going to get much worse for them, as it does in the winter for them and does in the summer for warmer southern states.

If it's this bad now, imagine how bad it will be coming up with the massive spread among triple vaccinated and unvaccinated alike in these Democrat run blue states.

There have already been more Covid deaths on Biden's watch with all the vaccines and therapies than on the previous President's watch with no vaccines until December and fewer therapies. No sign of this ending anytime soon.

Biden has been a complete failure on Covid from what he promised. We must hold Biden to the same standard as anyone else. He has the most deaths.

I'm watching all kinds of sporting events and concerts inside in the Democrat run blue states with high Covid cases. No masks or social distancing to be found anywhere. You can stop blaming only Republicans. The facts and the video are not backing up your point of view.
There are sporting events across nation, it's very foolish to believe that the same thing won't occur in red states with low vaccination rates and no mandates, it will likely be worse. Professional sporting events in NY require the vaccine by the way, vaccinated are not the ones ending up in hospitals, almost entirely unvaccinated. You can expect that these low vax states like Alabama to be hit even worse or maybe you think they will somehow escape the Omicron.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:09 PM

4,552 posts, read 2,276,989 times
Quote:
People who refuse vaccination for political reasons are engaging in self-defeating, not courageous, behavior.

Who refuses vaccines for political reasons?

I did not want one when Trump was president and I still don't want one. If Trump were to be re-elected or DeSantis, or whatever republicans, I would still not want one.

The fact that you think this is political proves that it is political for you.

Sad.

Old 12-16-2021, 12:30 PM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Who refuses vaccines for political reasons?

I did not want one when Trump was president and I still don't want one. If Trump were to be re-elected or DeSantis, or whatever republicans, I would still not want one.

The fact that you think this is political proves that it is political for you.

Sad.

Quote:
The partisan divide between vaccinated and unvaccinated adults became even more evident as larger shares of the population received COVID-19 vaccines. Now, six months later, in October 2021, one-quarter (27%) of U.S. adults say they have not gotten a COVID-19 vaccine, but the unvaccinated population is now disproportionately made up of those who identify as Republican or Republican-leaning, with six in ten (60%) identifying as Republican or Republican-leaning (compared to about four in ten of the U.S. total adult population1) and just one in six (17%) calling themselves Democrats or Democratic-leaning.
Read more or just look at Figure 1:

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ource=hs_email
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies