Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 01:47 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Because RSA has had wave after wave and most people have had prior infection which is giving them milder cases. In the UK it is vaccinations doing the same. That will happen in the US as well as most people are vaxxed or were infected. But for those who did not get vaccinated and did not get a prior variant - well...???
??? We'll be just fine as we depend on our immune systems full-time rather than vaccines. I wonder how many that got COVID were generally dependent on vaccines each year for their "protection".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I think we should all wear personal protective bubbles with a breathing tube and trap door for the lower region so that you can take care of business. That way, we will be sure.
Good grief! Don't give them any more ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
So far, the cases of omicron have overwhelmingly been in those fully vaxxed and thankfully so far there has been only 1 death “with” Omicron.

Why the fear mongering?
I wonder if "someone" isn't on the payroll. I have seen things were people are being encouraged to sign up to stop the "misinformation" (otherwise known as facts) regarding anything COVID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Lol, is Pfizer paying you to write these kinds of things
They could sure afford to pay him and millions of others!

Quote:
Hahaha! Did you miss the part where they said that no vaccinated or had a prior infection is getting more than a minor case? That is why. We don't know what is going to happen to the unvaccinated yet, but there is no reason to think this variant will be any milder in them. The joke's on the unvaccinated. Too late now. Hahaha.
The joke is on those that depend on vaccines instead of their own immune systems which they have a responsibility to maintain. Unvaccinated since 1990, and feeling super, super happy I didn't get the COVID vaccine because of the short and long term side effects being reported. At 67 years old, I think maybe I know what is the best choice for me, and for those making the wrong choice............

You must have stock in Big Pharma! The variant started out milder unlike COVID 19 did. It will grow weaker, not stronger just like the other corona viruses.

Everyone that wanted to be vaccinated has already been vaccinated, so nothing you can fabricate is going to change their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
The message is still messed up.

I heard one of the holy doctors on the news this morning say that the vaccine prevents transmission. Pretty sure that has been proven false as well.

I get that it takes awhile to get all the information straight on the full effects of the vaccine and certainly on each variant - but the push to mandate vaccines and the demonization of those who choose to NOT get this vaccine says much about the type of people in this world. SMH
It says much about the intent of COVID 19 in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
At some point are we sitting around in 2025 dealing with Covid 50 and still the unending mandates, handwringing etc?

Eventually, we just have to say screw it and get on with life with those most at risk having to make good choices of their own conscience much like when someone is on chemo and has a compromised immune system.

P.S. I'm vaccinated, I do not support mandating vaccinations. Just heard the other day that someone I knew that had chronic breathing problems didn't get vaxxed and died of covid....that's their choice. *shrug*
In reality, a lot of people that have had or have said to have COVID/variants would have died from the flu (and may well have at this time). If someone is uninsured and dies with/of COVID, federal funding is available to cover the hospital cost. I think that creates a temptation to fudge a little on who might have COVID.

Quote:
Well, no. Vaccination greatly reduces any infection vs no vaccination, so it is simple logic that it reduces spread. But why dicker? Omicron changes everything. The two shot regimen may slightly reduce the chance of any infection, but compared to delta it is not as significant. So everybody is gonna get omicron except for most of the boostered and a handful of two shotters. What really, really matters now is that cellular immunity the shots gave to the people who got them. It will be the difference between needing a handkerchief and a body bag for many.
How to you know that the vaccination is not the cause of the variant? Maybe the person is a one person manufacturer, thus the effect is less, and less than someone vaccinated? There is NO way to actually show that. Watch the CDC as they will say "There is no evidence.", but in reality they only say that because they have not fully studied the vaccine. For instance, there was a concern about it causing sterility. They stated there was no evidence to show that. Then, after menstrual irregularities were noted, they have now decided to study the issue.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...s-covid-shots/

"According to an editorial published Sept. 16 in The BMJ, more than 30,000 reports of menstrual irregularities and vaginal bleeding had been made, as of Sept. 2, to the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency’s (MHRA) Yellow Card Scheme — the UK system for collecting and monitoring adverse reactions following COVID vaccines."

“There is a long list of side effects that the manufacturers of the injection sent to the FDA [U.S. Food and Drug Administration] in the fall of 2020. Many of the injuries people are reporting after receiving these injections, including bleeding, blood clots, autoimmunity, Guillain-Barré syndrome and many others, are well known to the manufacturers and the FDA but, the powers that be continue to ignore the reports of people presenting with these real-time adverse events, as if they have nothing to do with the injections, at all."

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Have a friend who is severely immune compromized. She got COVID and is at home with minor symptoms. That's a good reason to get vaccinated.
With some, severely immune compromised, they do not recommend getting the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Good reason for the severely immune compromised. Not necessarily for everyone else.
I am not sure who it would really be a good idea for with all the side effects and this insane push to force everyone to get it.

Quote:
To be fair, omicron is not all sunshine and lollipops for the vaccinated either. The problem is this. For the sake of discussion, let's say omicron hangs around a while. It is highly contagious and it will infect everyone - everyone except some 75% of boostered people that is. All those infected people will develop NAb's and T-cell immunity such that omicron likely won't bother them again. But the only way that the boostered will evade it is to continually get boosted as their NAb's and inferior t-cells lose potency. As the age out, they will be less and less able to fight off an infection or even respond to a vaccine. The virus will pick them off slowly but surely. Plink. Plink.
Omicron? "Much ado about nothing." Stop worrying yourself, as that will put you in the grave quicker than omicron.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/d...-south-africa/

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Oh no!!!! They are FULLY VAXED and have caught Omicron!!!!

How many of them have DIED???
One person died, and they are not saying whether that person was vaccinated and/or had underlying health issues.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/bri...te-2021-12-13/

Many people with underlying health issues die during flu season each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 01:47 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
False. It is milder because vaccinated people are getting it in greater numbers than was true with delta making it appear milder in the aggregate. We don't have enough data to know how it will be in the unvaccinated, but there is no reason right now to think it will be any milder than delta is.
If you have data that it is hitting the "vaccinated" in greater numbers than delta, then by default you also know the number of unvaccinated that are contracting this variant. From there it is a simple comparison of symptoms.

So can you please point us to the data that shows your claim?

Old 12-15-2021, 01:54 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
If you have data that it is hitting the "vaccinated" in greater numbers than delta, then by default you also know the number of unvaccinated that are contracting this variant. From there it is a simple comparison of symptoms.

So can you please point us to the data that shows your claim?
Seriously? Those data are everywhere from RSA to the UK to the US. Every vaccine test has confirmed that a two dose regimen does little to prevent infection with omicron. Reports from RSA and UK have real world numbers that support the findings: two shots is not enough. So we are seeing a much higher proportion of vaccinated people with omicron than we did with delta so far. This is the root of the glee being expressed by the anti-vaxxers, though they are not bright enough to realize that it could also herald their doom.

The one thing that looks fairly certain regarding omicron at this point is that people who have had a case of delta and people who are fully vaccinated are most likely to have a mild case of omicron. That is based on RSA, UK and CDC data which is all over the internet.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:24 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Seriously? Those data are everywhere from RSA to the UK to the US. Every vaccine test has confirmed that a two dose regimen does little to prevent infection with omicron. Reports from RSA and UK have real world numbers that support the findings: two shots is not enough. So we are seeing a much higher proportion of vaccinated people with omicron than we did with delta so far. This is the root of the glee being expressed by the anti-vaxxers, though they are not bright enough to realize that it could also herald their doom.

The one thing that looks fairly certain regarding omicron at this point is that people who have had a case of delta and people who are fully vaccinated are most likely to have a mild case of omicron. That is based on RSA, UK and CDC data which is all over the internet.
This was your claim, if someone made a claim you wanted to see the data behind you would be asking for the same thing.

Since this data is apparently so easily available it should be simple for you to provide not only a single link but several...Right?

Old 12-15-2021, 02:38 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
I believe there is something in this vaxx that is compromising peoples' immune systems.

There, I said it.
I agree. I've been saying this since this past summer. Among college kids the vaxxed seem to get cold after cold. Some of the kids have been sick continually all semester. There is flu going around my daughter's campus. They are all masked, and this stuff is still rampant. She worked at a camp this past summer and the 'camp cold' burned through 80% of the kids. Something is wrong, but whatever it is won't see the light of day. Could hurt the narrative.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:43 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I agree. I've been saying this since this past summer. Among college kids the vaxxed seem to get cold after cold. Some of the kids have been sick continually all semester. There is flu going around my daughter's campus. They are all masked, and this stuff is still rampant. She worked at a camp this past summer and the 'camp cold' burned through 80% of the kids. Something is wrong, but whatever it is won't see the light of day. Could hurt the narrative.
When you provoke an immune response so strong as to produce many Abs, you can actually wipe pre-existing Abs in the blood. Your body cannot tolerate an indefinite amount of Abs. While your body can re-make the others from memory B-cells, that takes re-exposure to the antigen, i.e getting sick from the common cold they likely had Abs already.

When my partner got the 1st dose of Pfizer, she broke out in a HSV outbreak, which she couldn't remember having.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:48 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
Two shots or prior infection apparently have little effect on the omicron variant. We will have a million cases a day or more in the US in a couple weeks. It's too late to get protection now. Unvaxxed and vulnerable - prepare to meet your maker.
Prepare to meet your maker? At this point I would almost rather get it. From all indications it is not that serious. Secondly I work out 6 days a week and I do not have any co-morbidities. Bring it on! Covid will meet it's maker. Me!

Old 12-15-2021, 02:57 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
When you provoke an immune response so strong as to produce many Abs, you can actually wipe pre-existing Abs in the blood. Your body cannot tolerate an indefinite amount of Abs. While your body can re-make the others from memory B-cells, that takes re-exposure to the antigen, i.e getting sick from the common cold they likely had Abs already.

When my partner got the 1st dose of Pfizer, she broke out in a HSV outbreak, which she couldn't remember having.
It sounds like boosters are a bad idea then? Seems that it might trigger inflammation also. These poor kids.

I'm waiting for the axe to fall. My eldest has one more semester and they will probably mandate the booster.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:59 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Your point was this: Cornell students are on board with a policy you think is stupid.
My point was that **its Cornell**. They are arguably the second most liberal Ivy League school after Brown. Plus, it’s in New York State, which has had a hyper reaction to Covid second only to California.

Plus equating Tucker Carlson to Alex Jones is silly.

Old 12-15-2021, 03:09 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Brandon and the Democrats claim it's all the fault of the 3% who are unvaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies