Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 04:14 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

I feel like I am the only unvaccinated person in Westchester, along with half of my family. It is brutal, being treated like a leper. Ostracized and not able to go in places. Wondering if my daughter will even be able to work. Wondering if I end up in a hospital for something, will they leave me to die because I'm unvaxxed. Awful. I don't recognize the world we live in.
Me neither it’s just awful isn’t it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 04:15 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Let's see...open up your history book to page....

We get to relive history after preserving it so that we never go down that path again.

We're going down that path again....at an alarming speed and with so many countries in lock step.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:16 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:

I feel like I am the only unvaccinated person in Westchester, along with half of my family. It is brutal, being treated like a leper. Ostracized and not able to go in places. Wondering if my daughter will even be able to work. Wondering if I end up in a hospital for something, will they leave me to die because I'm unvaxxed. Awful. I don't recognize the world we live in.
I know people who have moved and who are thinking of moving to Florida.

From NY and NJ.

They can't take it anymore. And it is hurting the kids. It's actually gotten so bad some parents just don't send their kids to activities anymore. Because if a kid test positive for COVID and your kid was there, even if they NEVER talked or interacted with that kids, you're screwed. Everyone gets dinged. It was 2 weeks, I don't even know what it is now.

I cannot even imagine living there now.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:29 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
And that makes you happy?

Old 12-18-2021, 04:29 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I know people who have moved and who are thinking of moving to Florida.

From NY and NJ.

They can't take it anymore. And it is hurting the kids. It's actually gotten so bad some parents just don't send their kids to activities anymore. Because if a kid test positive for COVID and your kid was there, even if they NEVER talked or interacted with that kids, you're screwed. Everyone gets dinged. It was 2 weeks, I don't even know what it is now.

I cannot even imagine living there now.
It is horrible to live in a place where they let ONE THING dominate for nearly two years now. It's a totalizing world view that has squeezed out all else--even seeing the human face. Everything bows to Covid, revolves around Covid. It is a fundamentalist cult or something. Worse actually, because it involves the government.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:35 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:

We're going down that path again....at an alarming speed and with so many countries in lock step.
Because those guys remember the history and can do better this time
Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:37 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
NY is leading the country but the entire nation is surging with over 130,000 new cases yesterday, anyone that thinks this will be particular to NY is foolish. Low vax states will be hit even harder, even the beloved Florida went from under 1,000 cases to over 8,000.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:40 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,738,996 times
Other than the news riling everyone up and making Omicron appear like the Black Death, is anyone at this point really that worried about Covid?

Old 12-18-2021, 04:43 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Time to put all focus on early treatment plans for most at risk. Dr. McCoullough should lead a nation wide task force for early treatment, thousands of lives would be saved.

Fauci has failed and should be ignored, we will not vaccinate or booster our way out of this, this year taught us that. To focus all energy on vaccines is foolish and anti science, to vaccinate children is absolutely foolish and dangerous

Old 12-18-2021, 04:53 PM

9,088 posts, read 6,311,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Exactly.

I mean, we've been told again and again how smart NY-ers are. How stupid everyone else is, especially those idiots in FL. .
Being told something and believing something are two very different things altogether. I have never believed that NY-ers are smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies