Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 04:26 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Stopping the spred is called a vaccines. But as I understand it, they work differently.

But as a person who stood in line for the Salk and Sabin, there was a bad batch of Salk, too. Kids died.
i

i got the liquid polio vaccine sometime in early sixties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2021, 04:27 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,326,286 times
I got the oral sugar cube Polio vaccine in NYC elementary school when I was 8. 1956. I do not remember adults lining up in street to get THEIR Polio vaccine. I know my parents didn't get it. You do know that Polio can be asymptomatic without being vaccinated. Maybe that is why adults weren't getting vaccinated for Polio. They had natural immunity from their ages by already being exposed to it?

Old 12-25-2021, 04:28 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,620,833 times
Polio vaccines did this though:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...-of-wild-virus

A new polio outbreak in Sudan has been linked to the oral polio vaccine that uses a weakened form of the virus.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7364572/

Circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus: a menace to the end game of polio eradication

Old 12-25-2021, 04:32 PM

4,856 posts, read 3,286,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Some people spend their entire lives studying viruses and vaccines. They write books about the subject.

I doubt anybody on CD is qualified to answer your question. There is a lot of information on the net.
And a lot of it is wrong.

Old 12-25-2021, 04:36 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The left has managed to change our language again. The definition for a vaccine now is that if slightly lessens the severity of the malady, it is a vaccine. Cough syrup could now be called a "vaccine."
What a bunch of unmitigated BS.

For many diseases it can require several days for the immune system to identify a threat and go into full production with antibodies. All the while the attacker is replicating like mad.

The vaccines teach the immune system to identify a threat and be prepared in case it shows up later. In other words, it is sort of an "Operation Warp Speed" for your immune system. Once a recognized threat is identified in one's body the immune system can go into production immediately and (hopefully) catch up to the virus much sooner. This is why vaccinated persons typically fare better, and recover sooner than the unvaccinated.

Cough syrup can't do that. It can't teach the immune system anything.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:14 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
What a bunch of unmitigated BS.

For many diseases it can require several days for the immune system to identify a threat and go into full production with antibodies. All the while the attacker is replicating like mad.

The vaccines teach the immune system to identify a threat and be prepared in case it shows up later. In other words, it is sort of an "Operation Warp Speed" for your immune system. Once a recognized threat is identified in one's body the immune system can go into production immediately and (hopefully) catch up to the virus much sooner. This is why vaccinated persons typically fare better, and recover sooner than the unvaccinated.

Cough syrup can't do that. It can't teach the immune system anything.
Great answer!

Old 12-25-2021, 05:40 PM

1,154 posts, read 274,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
these new "vaccines" are as said not true vaccines the use new type of RNA technology

They're not vaccines at all. They're experimental medicine being injected into humans with NO product liability. Anyone who receives one IS the experiment. IE : they were not thoroughly tested as other vaccines have been.

Old 12-25-2021, 05:47 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
They're not vaccines at all. They're experimental medicine being injected into humans with NO product liability. Anyone who receives one IS the experiment. IE : they were not thoroughly tested as other vaccines have been.
100% factual post.

Every sentence. Is Fact.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:42 PM

2,367 posts, read 910,049 times
I don't know about those diseases you listed, but I have personal experience with getting milder colds if I get the flu shot.

It would be a lot easier if the vaccine for covid was more like the tried and true flu shots, not this new mRNA stuff that has never been approved before.

Old 12-25-2021, 07:01 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I got the oral sugar cube Polio vaccine in NYC elementary school when I was 8. 1956. I do not remember adults lining up in street to get THEIR Polio vaccine. I know my parents didn't get it. You do know that Polio can be asymptomatic without being vaccinated. Maybe that is why adults weren't getting vaccinated for Polio. They had natural immunity from their ages by already being exposed to it?
I remember going to the high school for the sugar cube dose. My parents and brother got it at the same time. Polio can affect adults as well as children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies