Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 05:30 PM

3,417 posts, read 1,448,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Don't stereotype everyone who leaves NY.

Some of us left BECAUSE we had to get away from ultra left wing BS.

See, in many parts of NY, it becomes clear to some citizens that unless you're rich enough to pay the insane taxes....or poor enough to vote for insane Liberals because they promise to give you free stuff...... you're just not wanted.

If you're a middle class conservative in NY state, there's really nothing for you there except possibly your home and family.

A-freaken-men! That is exactly why I closed down my business in NYC and fled the city.

JWK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Prostitution and weed, I can see.

Everything else.......

Not so much.

What they need to announce is that they won't be prosecuting anyone who defends themselves from these criminals.

That would be endorsing an endangerment of NYC's criminal element. Why would the Democrat Party Leadership do that?

JWK

Old 01-11-2022, 11:40 AM

Default Business leaders considering a recall of Alvin Bragg

Surprise, surprise! See Angry biz leaders to meet with new DA Alvin Bragg, discuss recall efforts over soft-on-crime agenda

January 10, 2022

”The Partnership for New York City, the Big Apple’s largest business advocacy organization, will meet with progressive Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to voice their concerns over details of his stay-out-of-jail free card for criminals.

Some members of the group are so angered by Bragg’s new policies that they are also discussing efforts to recall the newly elected prosecutor, The Post has learned.”

In regard to recall, see Laws governing recall in New York - Ballotpedia

"Recall of elected officials is not permitted in New York. While recall elections do not occur, the New York Constitution states, "Any town, village, improvement district or fire district officer, except a justice of the peace, may be removed from office by the supreme court for any misconduct, maladministration, malfeasance or malversation in office." Any citizen within the officeholder's district may submit an application for removal to the local branch of the appellate division of the supreme court".[1]

JWK

Old 01-12-2022, 07:10 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
I don't think many of the nitwits who voted for Bragg actually know what he is doing.

{snip}
Except that the moronic voters should have known, since he ran on doing exactly what he's doing. I saw a news show that ran a cut from one of his campaigns, and he was running on a promise to insert racial equity into the very core of his agenda as DA.

Here's an article from June 2021, so the voters should have known what he was going to do, he was very open about it.

Manhattan D.A. Hopefuls Balance Crime Rise and Social Justice

Alvin Bragg, 47, has campaigned both as a veteran state and federal prosecutor and as a progressive who will “reshape and re-purpose the D.A.’s office to end racial disparities” by refusing to prosecute low-level crimes and creating a unit to investigate police misconduct

Old 01-12-2022, 07:48 AM

Thumbs down Wanted career felon commits armed robbery and is charged with misdemeanors under Bragg’s policy

SEE: Knife-wielding suspect has felony charge reduced under Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg’s policies

January 11, 2022

"Cops charged Rolon with first-degree robbery and criminal possession of a weapon in the first incident, sources said.

But when he was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court early Sunday morning, the robbery charge was dropped by the Manhattan DA’s Office and he was instead charged with two counts of petit larceny and related low-level offenses, including second-degree menacing, court papers show."

Keep in mind that menacing in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor, and the petit larceny charges are also misdemeanors.

The article goes on to note the perp, William Rolon, 43, arrested on Saturday, was "... wanted in Brooklyn for failing to appear in court in October on charges that include felony assault with a weapon . . . "

JWK

Old 01-12-2022, 08:46 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Capital punishment for real, actual violent and especially repeat violent criminals. Even simpler. The revolving doors of justice swing wayyyy too easily for these losers.
I agree and am still working in that city. Everytime I go on that subway, I tell myself this is the day you will face violence. I have, over the last 2 years taken to never sitting on the train, keeping my phone in my pocket and dress in clothes that look very, very worn out. Only saving grace is having moved so im just traveling through now for a shorter trip on the trains then previous.

This Bragg guy may have ruined any chance for things to get better.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Except that the moronic voters should have known, since he ran on doing exactly what he's doing. I saw a news show that ran a cut from one of his campaigns, and he was running on a promise to insert racial equity into the very core of his agenda as DA.

Here's an article from June 2021, so the voters should have known what he was going to do, he was very open about it.

Manhattan D.A. Hopefuls Balance Crime Rise and Social Justice

Alvin Bragg, 47, has campaigned both as a veteran state and federal prosecutor and as a progressive who will “reshape and re-purpose the D.A.’s office to end racial disparities” by refusing to prosecute low-level crimes and creating a unit to investigate police misconduct
The problem is the vast majority of those who vote "democrat" pull the lever as a knee-jerk reaction, and in response to what they are told by a corrupted Fifth Column Media (MSNBC, NEW YORK TIMES, CNN, WASHINGTON POST, ATLANTIC MAGAZINE, New York Daily News, Time, ETC.) which works 24/7 to keep a Democrat Party Leadership in power, even if that leadership has destroyed their city.

Kimberly Klacik recently explained this in the following video:

And who did the nitwits in Baltimore vote for? Kweisi Mfume, a longtime political hack who has had a direct hand in helping to destroy Baltimore.

JWK

Old 01-12-2022, 05:58 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,178,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No question a Democrat was going to win this race.

Looks like Bragg received a major donation from the Color of Change PAC, not Soros.

Not seeking convictions and avoiding incarcerations for non violent crime, is not going to end well.

I appreciate state prisons all over the US are beyond capacity. And the cost to sustain prisons is a huge financial drain.

No reason why incarceration of non violent offenders could not be outsourced to other states where the cost of incarceration is substantially lower.

As for violent criminals, why not ship them to countries with cheap labor to be caged for life.

If there are no consequences, LE is wasting their time.
Just because leftist elite welcome criminals into this country, it does not other countries like ours.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Just because leftist elite welcome criminals into this country, it does not other countries like ours.
There is something very wrong in our country when we see headlines and stories like this:

Knife-wielding suspect has felony charge reduced under Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg’s policies

The article goes on to note: “At the time of Rolon’s arrest Saturday, he was wanted in Brooklyn for failing to appear in court in October on charges that include felony assault with a weapon, records show.”

The article also points out "... the robbery charge was dropped by the Manhattan DA’s Office and he [the perp] was instead charged with two counts of petit larceny and related low-level offenses, including second-degree menacing."

Menacing in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor as are the other reduced charges filed against the perp under Bragg's new policy.

JWK

Old 01-12-2022, 10:16 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's like they have an agenda to break down our society, starting with nullify our criminal justice laws. What better way to break down a society by instilling fear in the population from a lawless, crime infested city.
ABSOLUTELY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies