Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 06:51 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shieldfan View Post
New big data study of 145 countries show COVID vaccines makes things worse

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/n...-145-countries

And, here is the study:

Worldwide Bayesian Causal Impact Analysis of Vaccine Administration on Deaths and Cases Associated with COVID-19: A BigData Analysis of 145 Countries

https://vector-news.github.io/editor...port_html.html

And the PDF format version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DLl...dWwsmSMbe/view
They take more risks than those who are unvaccinated. They think that since they are fully vaccinated they can't get omicron. Fact is they can . The vaccines don't work on omicron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 07:06 AM

37,112 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They take more risks than those who are unvaccinated. They think that since they are fully vaccinated they can't get omicron. Fact is they can . The vaccines don't work on omicron.
I have seen no evidence that the vaccinated take more risks. The people here on CD who claim to be living like it is 2019 are also unvaccinated.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...es-and-omicron

"Data so far indicates that mRNA vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) offer the most promising protection against both infection and hospitalization, in line with the CDC’s recommendations.
Current figures suggest that vaccines offer 30 to 40 percent protection against infection and around 70 percent protection against hospitalization without boosters.
Newer data is confirming that a third dose increases antibody production and boosts effectiveness against infection to around 75 percent, and 88 percent for severe disease."

Old 01-13-2022, 09:21 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Would you want a device on your car that reduced the risk of serious injury in a crash by 30%?
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what other constraints come with it. Is it a speed-limiter, that will cap my speed at 25 mph? Then no, I wouldn’t want it. Will it reduce the chance of injury in a crash, but make a crash more likely? Then no, don’t want it.

Old 01-14-2022, 01:26 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on what other constraints come with it. Is it a speed-limiter, that will cap my speed at 25 mph? Then no, I wouldn’t want it. Will it reduce the chance of injury in a crash, but make a crash more likely? Then no, don’t want it.
The vaccines reduce the general possibility of hospitalization and by WAY more than 30%. And they are particularly helpful to those with high risks. Downside risks to any of the vaccines is minimal. Of course if you are young and healthy and exposed to the Omicron your chances are very favorable vaccinated or not.

Old 01-14-2022, 01:38 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shieldfan View Post
It's NOT a vaccine. The CDC redefined what a vaccine is for this monstrosity being given out. It does not prevent catching or transmitting the virus either.

Spin it however you want, these are facts. The people with critical thinking skills can see things are not getting better. The shots don't work. And, we didn't have all these "variants" until after the shots started being given out.
If the doctors who created the Small Pox vaccine found that after vaccinating a nation which had never been vaccinated before, that people were still being reinfected, suffering from the deep-seated pustuals. If the only difference between those who were vaccinated, and those who were unvaccinated, was the vaccinated were not dying as often. The doctors would have declared the vaccine a failure, and gone back to the drawing board.

This is not a COVID vaccine, it's more akin to a long lasting therapeutic.

Old 01-14-2022, 01:54 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If the doctors who created the Small Pox vaccine found that after vaccinating a nation which had never been vaccinated before, that people were still being reinfected, suffering from the deep-seated pustuals. If the only difference between those who were vaccinated, and those who were unvaccinated, was the vaccinated were not dying as often. The doctors would have declared the vaccine a failure, and gone back to the drawing board.

This is not a COVID vaccine, it's more akin to a long lasting therapeutic.
Tell that to one Geo. Washington, where the Smallpox vaccine was not 100%, yet helped him win the War.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:02 PM

15,442 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Which is why it was a stupid idea to even try to develop a vaccine. Quite a number of medical professionals have stated that and have given the reasons why. But these Big Pharm, money hungry idiots went ahead with it anyway. And all they have done is developed something that is highly ineffective at much of anything except insuring a viral mutation every other day. These people were warned by solid medical researchers. Now here we are: a "vaccine" that is nearly worthless in doing what it was promised it would do, quite likely causes serious problems for a lot of people, and mutation after mutation with the virus.

Sorry to say, but I'd certainly be willing to say "I told you so" if some variant with about a 50% kill ratio popped up and the "vaccine" did absolutely NOTHING, which isn't far from what it does right now. I'm sick to death of this house of cards you people keep building as it folds in behind you.
Where do you come up with this garbage? The vaccines work to mitigate the worst of the disease, and it's the unvaccinated that keep creating mutations, as their bodies can't suppress enough of the virus to stop the mutations from happening.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:11 PM

15,442 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Years ago, I flew paragliders. I was an advanced-rated pilot and thinking seriously about becoming an instructor. During those years, I knew several pilots who were very seriously injured due to paragliding accidents and one who died. I knew the risks I was taking. I was willing to accept that risk. I also knew a fair number of pilots who crashed and were uninjured (I was one of them, twice). Life involves risks. It's up to each individual whether they wish to accept those risks. My risk of covid death is 0.14%. That is probably much lower than my risk was when I used to fly paragliders. And I know for certain it is FAR less than my risk of dying of cancer or heart problems. I'm willing to accept that covid risk. Are you willing to allow me the right to make my own choice on the matter and bug out? Or do you prefer to continue meddling in everyone's personal life choices?
You stand a much higher chance, being unvaccinated, of getting Covid and consuming valuable medical services than if you were vaccinated. There are thousands of people having to wait months to get medical care because the hospitals are clogged with Covid patients. My brother had his hernia surgery put off for over a year, because there were too many Covid patients filling beds.

Old 01-14-2022, 03:50 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
SOOOO glad I have not put that crap in me or my loved ones. And glad most of my family, friends and coworkers have also stayed away from it
Ditto! They can take their jab and shove it!!

Old 01-15-2022, 08:29 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Life involves risks. It's up to each individual whether they wish to accept those risks. My risk of covid death is 0.14%. That is probably much lower than my risk was when I used to fly paragliders. And I know for certain it is FAR less than my risk of dying of cancer or heart problems. I'm willing to accept that covid risk. Are you willing to allow me the right to make my own choice on the matter and bug out? Or do you prefer to continue meddling in everyone's personal life choices?
I've said this before but it bears repeating. I especially agree with the bolded. It's a risk no matter what you do. The percentage of risk depends on the individual person. For some the vaccine is more of a risk for others COVID is more of a risk.

This is hypothetical but I'm convinced that if being alone was reported to be more likely to cause a contagion they'd force people to go out and date other people they have no interest in to keep the contagion at bay even if being alone didn't guarantee it would spread the contagion. The cost does not matter to them..only the stats do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies