Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 12:20 PM

17,789 posts, read 13,682,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The vaccines, and there are many, have all been very valuable. Far from 100% anything, because unlike other vaccines, this virus is a moving target. But they all continue to mitigate against more serious disease, hospitalizations and deaths.

https://mishtalk.com/economics/vacci...deny-this-data

https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine-breakthrough
You mean as a MD you aren't going to take the word of a Political Science grad student from Canada?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2022, 01:11 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,355,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
You mean as a MD you aren't going to take the word of a Political Science grad student from Canada?

Argument by authority.

The problem is not with vaccines. The problem is that its a respiratory virus with the main reservoir being humans. I just received my tenuous booster. Humans are not the main reservoir. If we reduce the human reservoir of tenuous to .01% of the human population it will remain wild type in the soil with little to no selective pressure to break through.

With flu and rhinovirus , vaccines just don't work all that well. That is what I said a year ago when other were saying the COVID vaccines would eradicate the virus and stop it from spreading,. That is what some MDs said and they were mistaken.
I concluded last year I would be better off supplementing vitamin D than getting a flu shot. That is what all the data was indicating. And flu tends to spread by touch.... Its less likely to outrun the vaccine target, but then that is why we are boosting every 3 months now....

Old 01-11-2022, 01:41 PM

18,432 posts, read 8,266,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shieldfan View Post
It's NOT a vaccine. The CDC redefined what a vaccine is for this monstrosity being given out. It does not prevent catching or transmitting the virus either.

Spin it however you want, these are facts. The people with critical thinking skills can see things are not getting better. The shots don't work. And, we didn't have all these "variants" until after the shots started being given out.
that's pretty much text book....

a vaccine that doesn't kill the virus...selects for the virus the vaccine has the least effect on

about the fastest way to make a variant

Old 01-11-2022, 02:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,769 times
Trying to vaccinate a coronavirus is like trying to kill a hornets' nest with a baseball bat. The fact one actually did kill a lot of hornets is a negligible factor given the situation.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:06 PM

44 posts, read 25,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
That could be simply a result of poor testing in low income countries which lack solid medical infrastructure, thus having fewer vaccines and fewer tests. It is not really valid to conclude that the vaccines don’t work without first adjusting for testing rates.
A pro-vaccine bot. Wow.

Every post you make is like a broken record. As others have said - you must be working for someone, because you have continued with these posts for a while.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:35 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
My cousin died from Covid last week (he had the Delta variant), he was 57 years old and like nearly everybody else who died last week he was un-vaccinated.
Years ago, I flew paragliders. I was an advanced-rated pilot and thinking seriously about becoming an instructor. During those years, I knew several pilots who were very seriously injured due to paragliding accidents and one who died. I knew the risks I was taking. I was willing to accept that risk. I also knew a fair number of pilots who crashed and were uninjured (I was one of them, twice). Life involves risks. It's up to each individual whether they wish to accept those risks. My risk of covid death is 0.14%. That is probably much lower than my risk was when I used to fly paragliders. And I know for certain it is FAR less than my risk of dying of cancer or heart problems. I'm willing to accept that covid risk. Are you willing to allow me the right to make my own choice on the matter and bug out? Or do you prefer to continue meddling in everyone's personal life choices?

Old 01-11-2022, 06:38 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Years ago, I flew paragliders. I was an advanced-rated pilot and thinking seriously about becoming an instructor. During those years, I knew several pilots who were very seriously injured due to paragliding accidents and one who died. I knew the risks I was taking. I was willing to accept that risk. I also knew a fair number of pilots who crashed and were uninjured (I was one of them, twice). Life involves risks. It's up to each individual whether they wish to accept those risks. My risk of covid death is 0.14%. That is probably much lower than my risk was when I used to fly paragliders. And I know for certain it is FAR less than my risk of dying of cancer or heart problems. I'm willing to accept that covid risk. Are you willing to allow me the right to make my own choice on the matter and bug out? Or do you prefer to continue meddling in everyone's personal life choices?
Unless there is someone else with you on your fatal flight you are the only one accepting the risk.

Infectious diseases carry risks to others. It is not just about you.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:53 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Unless there is someone else with you on your fatal flight you are the only one accepting the risk.

And being vaccinated doesn’t mean you are no longer a risk to others. It’s not just about the vaccinees, either.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:55 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
And being vaccinated doesn’t mean you are no longer a risk to others.
Less risk than if not vaccinated.

Old 01-11-2022, 06:58 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Sorry. Not even going to entertain that crappy argument anymore. If what we were dealing with here was TRULY a vaccine, your argument would be flawed. And since I'm assuming you are not intending to posit a flawed argument, you must believe that the "vaccine" (covid gene therapy treatment) is NOT really a vaccine. So, I suppose we are in agreement.

All of that aside, your health is your responsibility. If you feel the world is a leper colony, stay away from the colony. Simple logic. If I think you are contagious with a disease, I stay away from you, just as I've done my entire life. Common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies