Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 09:33 AM

3,227 posts, read 1,607,987 times

Advertisements

From the study

Quote:
The statistically significant and overwhelmingly positive causal impact after vaccine deployment on the dependent variables total deaths and total cases per million should be highly worrisome for policy makers. They indicate a marked increase in both COVID-19 related cases and death due directly to a vaccine deployment that was originally sold to the public as the “key to gain back our freedoms.” The effect of vaccines on total cases per million and its low positive association with total vaccinations per hundred signifies a limited impact of vaccines on lowering COVID-19 associated cases. These results should encourage local policy makers to make policy decisions based on data, not narrative, and based on local conditions, not global or national mandates. These results should also encourage policy makers to begin looking for other avenues out of the pandemic aside from mass vaccination campaigns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 09:44 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shieldfan View Post
New big data study of 145 countries show COVID vaccines makes things worse

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/n...-145-countries

And, here is the study:

Worldwide Bayesian Causal Impact Analysis of Vaccine Administration on Deaths and Cases Associated with COVID-19: A BigData Analysis of 145 Countries

https://vector-news.github.io/editor...port_html.html

And the PDF format version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DLl...dWwsmSMbe/view
I took a brief look at the study, and couldn't really determine who wrote it, or what their qualifications were, or what the review process was. All I saw was that the URL was "Vector News". When I tried to look them up, there was not a lot of info, but it seems to me they were a VC group, whereas they are promoting certain business objectives to pad their portfolio.

It's hard to take it seriously. I do agree that ANYTHING has downsides, but I'm not ready to accept global medical advice from a VC firm, if that's what they are. Again, I'm asking, in case someone can validate the report.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
From the study
Good catch, so it is a political study, not a medical one? (Medical studies would never try to discredit by saying the part immediately after the bolded. Seems agenda-driven to me.

Again, since I don't know who Vector Capital is, I'm still asking, and open to swaying my opinion.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:56 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,903,503 times
Logic is their kryptonite.

A worthy 45 seconds.

https://twitter.com/johnpecco1/statu...11030708973569

Old 01-10-2022, 10:00 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,485,153 times
kook thread

Old 01-10-2022, 10:10 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you insist on calling it a vaccine in the traditional sense (which it is NOT any more than a flu shot is), then it is about the most worthless "vaccine" that has ever been concocted. The developers should be fired and laughed out of the medical community. They should be cleaning toilets.
Both the flu shot and the covid shot should be called vaccines because that is what they are. I’m not sure what you think the ‘traditional sense’ is, because they meet the fundamental requirement: they are a substance which stimulates your immune response to reduce your chance of being infected for some period of time. Some vaccines that’s close to 100 percent and permanent, for many it’s not. Being pouty because they don’t meet your desired effectiveness rate or timeframe doesn’t change facts.

Old 01-10-2022, 11:10 AM

3,227 posts, read 1,607,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I took a brief look at the study, and couldn't really determine who wrote it, or what their qualifications were, or what the review process was. All I saw was that the URL was "Vector News". When I tried to look them up, there was not a lot of info, but it seems to me they were a VC group, whereas they are promoting certain business objectives to pad their portfolio.

It's hard to take it seriously. I do agree that ANYTHING has downsides, but I'm not ready to accept global medical advice from a VC firm, if that's what they are. Again, I'm asking, in case someone can validate the report.
https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._145_Countries

Kyle Beattie
University of Alberta | UAlberta · Department of Political Science
Master of Arts

Old 01-10-2022, 11:20 AM

37,117 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shieldfan View Post
New big data study of 145 countries show COVID vaccines makes things worse

And the PDF format version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DLl...dWwsmSMbe/view
From the PDF, the author:

∗Kyle A. Beattie is a Political Science PhD student with a focus on corruption studies.

Old 01-10-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._145_Countries

Kyle Beattie
University of Alberta | UAlberta · Department of Political Science
Master of Arts
What is your opinion about a political scientist with a liberal arts (I assume that's where Master of Arts falls?) degree making conclusions about the overall efficacy of vaccines? Do you think "Masters of Arts" and "Political Science" experts are credible across the board for determining such things?

Question directed at anyone who wants to answer...

Old 01-10-2022, 11:25 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
People that decline to get the vaccine do so at their own peril.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies