Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 11:12 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
if it bugs you....don't buy their products.

why is this a thing?
This is what the left does, they make declarations about how they are going to change the M&M characters to get people talking then when people start talking they say why are you talking about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 11:13 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
I guess no more M&Ms. Some of these companies seem to be trying to put themselves out of business. As the OP said, why not just shut the pie hole and make candy?

Old 01-25-2022, 11:16 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,264,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/m-ms-ch...e-progressive/

Honestly.....this is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.

Okay, first off let me just say that I believe that I am generally a fairly sane individual. I mean sure, I know we all have our little quirks which make us unique (slightly crazy) but for the most part my marbles remain in a nice neat pile in my head. And for some reason, just reading this story makes me feel as if I'm listening to someone drag nails across a chalkboard.

How on earth did we, as a society, get to this point? Have we truly reached a point in our lives where stuff like this is worthy of our attention? Does this not strike the rest of you as utter insanity on the part of Mars, Incorporated? And if it does seem as insane to you as it does to me, then you must also realize this insane response to a non-existent problem was brought on by a group of even more insane people who actually had a problem with cartoon candy people!!!!!

What the hell is going on!!!! How can we ever fix any of our very real problems in this country when people are focusing their attention on ridiculous issues like this? M&M's are candy people. That's all they will ever be. And if you are actually crazy enough to let the shoes a cartoon candy character is wearing bother you, then you should absolutely seek professional help.

PS. I'm sorry for the rant. But I truly can not express just how sick I am of seeing stories like this. We have so many real problems in the world. It just makes me sick to think people are wasting their time on ridiculous issues like these.
Along the same line. I receive weekly emails from Weber Grills, generally recipes. I got this one last week.

“ Dear T

This morning you received our weekly "Recipe of the Week" email, which is sent to you every Friday.

In today's email we highlighted a grilled meatloaf recipe. At the time we shared this recipe with you, we were not aware of the unfortunate passing of American singer and actor Mr. Marvin Lee Aday, also known as Meat Loaf.

We want to express our deepest apologies for this oversight and for any offense this email may have caused.

We send our condolences to Mr. Aday's family and fans.

Thank you for understanding.

The Weber Family”

Old 01-25-2022, 11:21 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/m-ms-ch...e-progressive/

Honestly.....this is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.

Okay, first off let me just say that I believe that I am generally a fairly sane individual. I mean sure, I know we all have our little quirks which make us unique (slightly crazy) but for the most part my marbles remain in a nice neat pile in my head. And for some reason, just reading this story makes me feel as if I'm listening to someone drag nails across a chalkboard.

How on earth did we, as a society, get to this point? Have we truly reached a point in our lives where stuff like this is worthy of our attention? Does this not strike the rest of you as utter insanity on the part of Mars, Incorporated? And if it does seem as insane to you as it does to me, then you must also realize this insane response to a non-existent problem was brought on by a group of even more insane people who actually had a problem with cartoon candy people!!!!!

What the hell is going on!!!! How can we ever fix any of our very real problems in this country when people are focusing their attention on ridiculous issues like this? M&M's are candy people. That's all they will ever be. And if you are actually crazy enough to let the shoes a cartoon candy character is wearing bother you, then you should absolutely seek professional help.

PS. I'm sorry for the rant. But I truly can not express just how sick I am of seeing stories like this. We have so many real problems in the world. It just makes me sick to think people are wasting their time on ridiculous issues like these.
It was also Mars Wrigley Confectionery company that released that commercial back in October, with the witch who was harming children.

Twix Releases Halloween Ad About a Boy Wearing Dresses With His Witch Nanny — Forgets to Mention Candy

It's one thing to sell candy, it's another to use profits from candy to promote gender dysphoria to grade school aged children.

t horrific how the witch uses her powers to attack children whenever she felt they were not fully supportive of her views and lifestyle.

First she threatened the little girls who were just being why someone dresses like a witch before Halloween, so the "nanny" gives them a not so veiled threat.

Secondly, she summoned the wind to harm a boy who legitimately thought it looks odd for a boy to be wearing a "princess dress" and a grown woman to be dressing up like the storybook caricature of a witch.

Moral of the ad is, the gender dysphoria crowd do not approve of any views but their own, and they will intimidate and punish you if you do not agree with their views or lifestyle.

Mars has joined the thuggish left, where you have no Right to free speech, you cannot express your own opinion if it disagrees with the left, because they will hurt you.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:32 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
This is what the left does, they make declarations about how they are going to change the M&M characters to get people talking then when people start talking they say why are you talking about this?
I'm not on the left. Far from it actually.

I just don't get the mentality that says rather than simply stop patronizing a company, it's better to rant and rave about them and how much they need to cater to your ideals.

I stop giving companies my business all the time. One minor annoyance is all it takes for me. I don't really need to list them all because who cares? It's good enough for me to simply stop buying their products. Be the Invisible Hand and all that.

I think it is stupid marketing to risk alienating the majority of your marketplace in an attempt to appease/attract a far smaller minority, but it's their company and their product.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:37 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
Somewhat related.....I've heard that Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't.
You win this thread. The value is zero, but congrats on the win.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:41 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Mars' marketing department is purely motivated by profit and gaining market share. Standing in the candy aisle with a dollar to spend is as clear of an example of market mechanisms as exists.

There's no reason for this thread - or for the debate - to exist, except for right-wingers being horrendously offended that their whims aren't being catered to any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpa Simpson
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too!

Old 01-25-2022, 11:42 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Mars has joined the thuggish left, where you have no Right to free speech, you cannot express your own opinion if it disagrees with the left, because they will hurt you.
Show us on the doll where the M&M touched you.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:44 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
And seriously, the priorities of being offended are so out of whack. Like Greg Gutfeld said the other day - choosing to be mad because the green M&M is nonbinary, while not being pissed that every product M&M/Mars makes is a diabetes starter kit...that just makes no sense.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:47 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Show us on the doll where the M&M touched you.
LOL, so this thread does have value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies