Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 12:45 PM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not just Tucker. Fox is all over this like a duck on a June bug.
Figures. Never let an opportunity to crow about moral superiority go to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Right wingers are merely reacting to this ridiculousness, they didn't start this.
You sure about that? The company merely changed its marketing tactics. Seems like it's the right winger who are doing all the complaining and overreacting.

Quote:
It started when the liberals in the Mars' marketing dept., or whoever it was that made this decision, became offended by the bully M&M and the sexy M&M.
So you're saying people shouldn't be offended by bullies?

Good to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 12:46 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's what "horrendously offended" means. Taking offense is a reaction.
What makes you think anyone is offended? I'm not offended, I think it's stupid.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Figures. Never let an opportunity to crow about moral superiority go to waste.

You sure about that? The company merely changed its marketing tactics. Seems like it's the right winger who are doing all the complaining and overreacting.

So you're saying people shouldn't be offended by bullies?

Good to know.
They certainly should not be offended by a surly anthropomorphized piece of candy

Old 01-25-2022, 01:04 PM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
They certainly should not be offended by a surly anthropomorphized piece of candy
Again, the only people offended seem to be those who object to this change in marketing by the company. M&M/Mars doesn't think it's a good idea to portray a cartoon character as a bully. Apparently you and others on this discussion don't agree with the company. Says more about you than it does about the company.

Old 01-25-2022, 01:38 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/m-ms-ch...e-progressive/

Honestly.....this is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.

Okay, first off let me just say that I believe that I am generally a fairly sane individual. I mean sure, I know we all have our little quirks which make us unique (slightly crazy) but for the most part my marbles remain in a nice neat pile in my head. And for some reason, just reading this story makes me feel as if I'm listening to someone drag nails across a chalkboard.

How on earth did we, as a society, get to this point? Have we truly reached a point in our lives where stuff like this is worthy of our attention? Does this not strike the rest of you as utter insanity on the part of Mars, Incorporated? And if it does seem as insane to you as it does to me, then you must also realize this insane response to a non-existent problem was brought on by a group of even more insane people who actually had a problem with cartoon candy people!!!!!

What the hell is going on!!!! How can we ever fix any of our very real problems in this country when people are focusing their attention on ridiculous issues like this? M&M's are candy people. That's all they will ever be. And if you are actually crazy enough to let the shoes a cartoon candy character is wearing bother you, then you should absolutely seek professional help.

PS. I'm sorry for the rant. But I truly can not express just how sick I am of seeing stories like this. We have so many real problems in the world. It just makes me sick to think people are wasting their time on ridiculous issues like these.
I didn’t even notice changes glancing by.

They’re so small; insignificant.

And yet… you decided to make a long ranting post about it.

Issue isn’t the candy.

Quote:
Again, the only people offended seem to be those who object to this change in marketing by the company. M&M/Mars doesn't think it's a good idea to portray a cartoon character as a bully. Apparently you and others on this discussion don't agree with the company. Says more about you than it does about the company.
The amount of butt hurt whining about this just astounds me. The changes are so… nothing. If you didn’t see a side by side you wouldn’t notice the difference.

It’s Mars candy cartoons. They can make them look how ever they want.

Old 01-25-2022, 01:38 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Meanwhile, the execs at Mars are loving all the free publicity.
Not to mention the huge distraction this created from the true news about M&M/Mars, which is that they are facing charges about child slave labor:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...-lawsuit-in-us

I don't expect any of the conservatives to care about the real story here, considering that just days ago one of them thought it was a brilliant idea to start a thread arguing the merits and benefits of child slave labor.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:21 PM

9,149 posts, read 6,202,297 times
I guess the cute Christmas commercial where the M&Ms meet Santa will also have to be woked. Will they make Santa slim because fat is out.

Anyway, I'm a Hershey person - best commercial is the one with the ringing Hershey kisses!

Old 01-25-2022, 02:59 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,855,219 times
I haven't read this whole tread but I'm deffinately offended by them not having white M&M's!

Old 01-25-2022, 03:18 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Meanwhile, the execs at Mars are loving all the free publicity.
Fox is giving them literally tens of millions of dollars of air time. They're going to have to expand their plant again.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
No, it really doesn’t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies