Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 07:00 PM

1,866 posts, read 934,706 times

Advertisements

So we hurt the economy and ruined an untold number of businesses for absolutely nothing!

Lockdowns had little or no impact on COVID-19 deaths, new study shows
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...id-19-deaths-/

So much for "trusting the science".
This pandemic has taught us a few things:

-You can't trust the government.
-You can't trust so called medical "experts"
-You can't trust the media who get their "facts" from the government and medical "experts".

Old 02-01-2022, 07:06 PM

17,669 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
So we hurt the economy and ruined an untold number of businesses for absolutely nothing!

Lockdowns had little or no impact on COVID-19 deaths, new study shows
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...id-19-deaths-/

So much for "trusting the science".
This pandemic has taught us a few things:

-You can't trust the government.
-You can't trust so called medical "experts"
-You can't trust the media who get their "facts" from the government and medical "experts".
Yeah, this study proves what sane people knew all along. Thanks for posting though.

I am sure the fOlLoW tHe ScIeNcE COVIDians/Democrats will ignore this like they do every other bit of data, facts, and common sense.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:06 PM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 12 days ago)

600 posts, read 274,382 times
I think Johns Hopkins was one of the key influencers. Bloomberg news has basically had a propaganda segment just about every morning for the last couple years, featuring someone from there. Not sure how I put up with it (well, I guess I tuned it out after a while). Then again, I should just be more trusting of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health .
(I don't trust Bloomberg either; more of an opposition research thing)

Last edited by ElectronicOverlord; 02-01-2022 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: should tighten it up

Old 02-01-2022, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicOverlord View Post
I think Johns Hopkins was one of the key influencers; Bloomberg news has had what felt a lot like a propaganda segment featuring someone from there just about every morning for the last couple years. Not sure how I put up with it (well, I guess I tuned it out after a while). Then again, I should just be more trusting of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
(I don't trust Bloomberg either; more of an opposition research thing)
Institutionally, JHH has been pretty much parroting the regime's COVID propaganda -- mostly because they need the research funding too much.

That said, JHH has NOT SILENCED its epidemiologists and physicians, many of whom are the most vocal critics of the government's pandemic approach.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:13 PM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 12 days ago)

600 posts, read 274,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Institutionally, JHH has been pretty much parroting the regime's COVID propaganda -- mostly because they need the research funding too much.

That said, JHH has NOT SILENCED its epidemiologists and physicians, many of whom are the most vocal critics of the government's pandemic approach.
Oops, tweaked the post before seeing reply, though no substantive changes. Anyway, I can't credit the institution for bending the knee due to funding needs, though it's good to hear there were dissenters from there.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicOverlord View Post
Oops, tweaked the post before seeing reply, though no substantive changes. Anyway, I can't credit the institution for bending the knee due to funding needs, though it's good to hear there were dissenters from there.
Google Marty Makary. He's at JHH, hasn't been fired, and hasn't given in to the COVID narrative of the left.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:27 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Time to censor JH

Old 02-01-2022, 07:28 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,795,627 times
Tell me something I don't already know.

As for China, anyone who thinks they're telling the truth needs to get their head examined.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:28 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
They got rid of Trump. That was the desired end goal and it worked perfectly for democrats. As usual, republicans gave up before even trying, so I guess they earned that big fat L. Trying nothing is a sure way to fail. Better luck next time guys, thanks for playing along I guess. And you will need a whole lot of luck if you aren't willing to work for that victory. Gotta hand it to the democrats, they mobilized their resources and won while most Americans were busy watching television. All while supporting the most absurd and idiotic policies imaginable and fronting a demented potato!

Old 02-01-2022, 07:31 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Really tough to perform a study like this with valid data, you can't tell me that allowing air travel and cruise lines to continue in 2020 wouldn't have an impact on mortality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies