Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the moron be fired?
Yes 109 42.91%
Yes - deport her too 54 21.26%
No 65 25.59%
Educate her instead 26 10.24%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 05:33 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Disliking Trump doesn't make anyone a leftist, nor a liberal.
Oh yes it does.

Quote:
It doesn't definitively make anyone anything other than someone who dislikes Trump.
Oh yes it does.

Quote:
Trump isn't even conservative.
Who cares.

What would be cool, since you seem to be in the middle, but only calling out people like me, is to call those out that you agree with (anti-trump) since it seems you're trying to be the referee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 05:41 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Don’t believe her words warranted suspension. However, other ABC/Disney stars have said far less worse on their private social media and were fired. If ABC/Disney wants to be consistent then Whoopi’s should have been fired.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:04 PM

30,898 posts, read 36,980,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Normally I would agree with you on this issue. But the left has created the cancel culture and the battle has been joined! You can't have it both ways, cancel the Jew hater or cancel no one!
I would posit that those in power want both sides to continue canceling each other. This is how we lose all of our liberties. They get us to fight each other and do their dirty work for them. Gawd we make it so easy for them.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:10 PM

364 posts, read 121,223 times
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
It's difficult to feel empathy toward those who advocate ostracizing those who they don't agree with.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:18 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,596,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
What's with her appropriating Jewish culture by taking a Jewish name? Her real name is Caryn Johnson. She's one of those C Karens. Those are the worst! I still say deport. DEEport DEEport!!!
To where do you deport a U.S. citizen, who was born in the U.S.?

Old 02-03-2022, 06:22 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh yes it does.

Oh yes it does.
Only in your personal, myopic fog.

Quote:
Who cares.

What would be cool, since you seem to be in the middle, but only calling out people like me, is to call those out that you agree with (anti-trump) since it seems you're trying to be the referee.
Well, at least you're not contesting it (because you know it's true).

With Trump not being conservative, it doesn't make much sense to say that people who are anti-Trump are liberals and leftists.

Old 02-03-2022, 06:22 PM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
They got rid of Rosie for saying bad things and took
her #1 show off the air but not Whoopi....Gee...I wonder why?

Changing the rules as seen fit.............Can't wait to vote Lefties out..............

Old 02-03-2022, 07:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,324,301 times
She should not be fired. Whoopi's statements in no way supported or denied what happened. She basically said it was not fueled by race in the classic sense. Do Jews consider themselves to be white? Does society at large consider Jews to be white? If so, then it was whites killing whites. Are Jews white or not?

When blacks of different ethnicities kill one another they all are categorized as "black". The ethnicities of those involved is not included in the discussions. We constantly only hear about "black on black" crime! Knee jerk reactions are senseless. It is a sin to make certain ethnicities mad because they want the narrative to be regurgitated exactly the way they've told you to tell it! No additions or subtractions from the narrative. Whoopi gave an additional viewpoint/perspective on the subject. One certainly worthy of discussion.

And that made the wrong people mad. She offended those who should not be offended. Period!

Old 02-03-2022, 07:48 PM

1,839 posts, read 678,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Don’t believe her words warranted suspension. However, other ABC/Disney stars have said far less worse on their private social media and were fired. If ABC/Disney wants to be consistent then Whoopi’s should have been fired.
One of the differences with Roseanne, who I believe you are referring to, is the rest of the cast of Roseanne didn't want her, and she was out of control on Twitter.

With The View, Whoopi's colleagues don't want her cancelled and seem overall supportive of her.

But, I don't buy Whoopi's apology.

She starts off and says she misspoke. To me, to misspoke is like me telling me friend that my brother has some health issue, and my brother gets upset that I shouldn't have told anybody.

Then she expresses regret that her words upset people, as if she still meant what she said, but just felt bad that it upset people.

It's basically she is required to give an apology, so gives one.

She is too legend to be fired, but after the two week suspension, she should retire (or be pressured in it) by Spring.

Old 02-03-2022, 08:17 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Whoopi Goldberg should get a pass, because she culturally appropriated her Jewish last name that she chose to help get into show business.

Cultural appropriation is a sign of respect - liberal Al Franken said so.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/03/al-fra...nce%20on%20CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies