Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 08:49 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times

Advertisements

I think the NFL is looking for a problem to apply the solution to?

Isn't it enough that the players are paid Millions of dollars?

The owners are like an "old boys club" of who's who so it is really tough and expensive to break into that club.

There are only 32 head coaching spots in the NFL and there is so much riding on each season that it is tough for any team to take on a diversity hire in that spot. Would you gamble hundreds of millions of dollars on a head coach that might be able to deliver wins? There are some that would see, after a long losing season, that giving yourself a celebratory pat on the back for being so diverse is the WIN. The empty stadium seats and low TV ratings would tell a different story.

The problem with stuffing someone into a spot that they are not qualified for to appease some affirmative action quota is that the person is destined to fail in a big way. Kamala Harris comes to mind.

If someone is qualified then by all means hire them but if not they would be destined to fail.

The NFL is all about making Money and taking a chance on a head coach is risky.

I'm sure over time that more and more Black coaches will move up the ranks and eventually fill top spots but it has to be on their merit and grit not on a misguided affirmative action demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 08:53 AM

17,806 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
They need more Asian guys. Good friend growing up of Japanese descent loved football they need to find guys like him. So what if he is 5'4 and 110 lbs have to be diverse. Diversity is far more important then ability I know that is true I've been told it by the far left for years now.
Why don't you White guys start producing kids who can beat out these Black kids?

I love how righties can't understand the difference between coaching and playing relative to the skills required for either task. Coaching requires zero physical talent other than the ability to stand there, yell at officials and players and blow a whistle in practice.

There are a lot more people who can do that than who can actually play sports at an elite level.

Yet righties keep equivocating coaching and playing.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:58 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Okay if they want equity then we need to be equitable in ALL positions regardless of the skill set required.

Blacks make up about 15% of the population. So first the NFL will fire 4 White Head Coaches and replace them with Black Head Coaches. That will give them about a 15% representation.

But we then also need to be equitable with the players. So the new limit on each NFL team will be to allow only 8 Black Players per team(15%). Any black person above that number must be fired and replaced with a person of another ethnicity to keep the equitable balance.

Yea they would go for this...right?

Old 02-09-2022, 09:00 AM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why was Flores fired? I thought he did a good job with the Dolphins. They swept a the Patriots and I watched them beat the Saints. Those players played hard for him.

Really? he came #3 in the division after 3 years and went a huge step back in the division from last year. He couldn't make the playoffs in 3 years and that is with Brady out of the division for 2 straight years.

He beat the Patriots without Brady but missed the playoffs 3 times. Is that the goal here? getting paid millions of dollars to come #3 in the division and not make the playoffs for 3 years and not get along with your franchise QB that the team is paying more money than him and not get along with the owner?

He is not the coach to take on the Bills or Patriots in the division. He is not the coach unless you think coming #3 in the division and not making the playoffs is a "good" job. Any average coach regardless of color can do that.

by the way, Dolphins beat Patriots with Brady before but came last or #3 in the division all the time, so that is not good.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-09-2022 at 09:41 AM..

Old 02-09-2022, 09:06 AM

25,771 posts, read 18,834,175 times
The LAST organization that should be whining about racism.

Look at the racial percentages and get back with me if you want to have an actual discussion.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:10 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Why don't you White guys start producing kids who can beat out these Black kids?

I love how righties can't understand the difference between coaching and playing relative to the skills required for either task. Coaching requires zero physical talent other than the ability to stand there, yell at officials and players and blow a whistle in practice.

There are a lot more people who can do that than who can actually play sports at an elite level.

Are you saying that there are physiological differences between races?

Old 02-09-2022, 09:15 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Really? he came #3 in the division after 3 years and went a huge step back in the division from last year. He couldn't make the playoffs in 3 years and that is with Brady out of the division for 2 straight years.

He beat the Patriots without Brady but missed the playoffs 3 times. Is that the goal here? getting paid millions of dollars to come #3 in the division and not make the playoffs for 3 years and not get along with your franchise QB that the team is paying more money that him and not get along with the owner?

He is not the coach to take on the Bills or Patriots in the division. He is not the coach unless you think coming #3 in the division and not making the playoffs is a "good" job. Any average coach regardless of color can do that.

by the way, Dolphins beat Patriots with Brady before but came last or #3 in the division all the time, so that is not good.
See, I didn’t know any of this. I don’t follow the NFL like I used to. I just watched a Dolphins game one Sunday and I know a well coached team when I see it. They beat a really good Saints team 20-3 I believe. The Saints destroyed Tom Brady and the Bucs. There’s a lot of factors in a losing football team.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:26 AM

13,965 posts, read 5,632,409 times
  • Poor relationship with GM.
  • Poor relationship with starting/franchise QB.
  • Mediocre record, no progress towards improvement relative to playoff chances.
In all corporate America, relationships matter, and when relationships go bad, the only people who generally survive those dark clouds and personnel storms are the ones who win/produce/make it rain/etc. Flores was the obvious layoff in that situation. Nothing racist about it, just another day in corporate America.

My own company got rid of our COO a few years ago. Great guy, smart, killer resume, but he and our CEO had different visions of the near and intermediate future. CEO won, because the board and the org chart favored him.

What you see in the NFL, you see all over corporate America every single day. But the media only seems to care about the NFL and only the head coach job title. Like they'll cure racism if there are 4 or more black head coaches.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:30 AM

929 posts, read 399,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Everything in life continues to be about racism and diversity, so predictable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...nlv?li=BBnbfcL
The NFL is racist, they need to put more asian-americans, hispanics, and LGBTQ people as quarterbacks and other player positions requiring diversity, who cares about skills and ability---they need more DIVERSITY. And while they are at it, they need to hire Guatemalans and Hondurans as referee or officials.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:52 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,955,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

I am and have always been very social liberal but it shows the narrowness of thought among some that if you dont agree with their viewpoint you must be a "righties" "conservative" or even /sigh "fascists". And like many narrow minded people such as yourself you completely miss the point that if you push for diversity above all else in one aspect of life you must apply it to everything. i.e. black players making up 70% of the NFL and likely more in the NBA is not diversity. it is one race dominating the sports. Most sane people dont have a problem with that and accept its because of talent and skill. But people on the left and it seems people like you refuse to accept that in other aspects of life and say forget talent and skill and we must push diversity. i.e. It "MUST" be because of racism that such situations exists. It cant possibly be a lack of talent and skill among a certain racial group.

Talent and Skill take hard work and education which must be nourished and supported to succeed in most fields and lets face some reality here the Black Community has not exactly embraced the education and drive necessary to succeed at careers that require intellect and thought. yet have long embraced sports and athletics and have greatly succeeded at them. I believe that if the black community would embrace education and glorify those who seek mainstream success as much as they do athletes and music stars they would be just as successful as every other racial group in these fields.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies